Leaes losing pigment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi folks! I mentioned earlier that I had some lower leaves turning uniformally light green. I figured they needed more light, but that turned out to not be a good idea. So I rearranged the plants so they would get more light for the lower leaves. But this hasn't helped. These leaves are eventually turning yellow and dropping off. The flowers on these two plants are doing great! There's not a lot of leaves turning, just a few per plant. I stopped the nitrogen when I started the Tiger Bloom. Should I add some nitrogen at this point? Could that be the problem? The leaves aren't turning in spots or on the edges. They are just getting lighter uniformally. Any ideas or maybe it's nothing to worry about?
Thanks!

How far along are they into flower? How long ago was it you used nitrogen? A few leaves dying in flower is normal just need to make sure your not loosing too many too early.

Jericho said:
How far along are they into flower? How long ago was it you used nitrogen? A few leaves dying in flower is normal just need to make sure your not loosing too many too early.

I started flowering on 1/20. So...I can feed them nitrogen and Tiger Bloom at the same time??? Maybe switch off every other feeding or something? The last nitrogen feed was before I put them into flower. I have lost maybe five or six leaves per plant.

craterlake said:
I started flowering on 1/20. So...I can feed them nitrogen and Tiger Bloom at the same time??? Maybe switch off every other feeding or something? The last nitrogen feed was before I put them into flower. I have lost maybe five or six leaves per plant.

How many Days has it been in flower? What do u mean 1/20? That is not a light cycle. How long does it say the flowering period of that strain is?

Some will give nitrogen feedings up to 3weeks from chopping. It depends on how you want the finished product.

Jan 20th. Jericho. I feed every-everyother watering depending on strain. if it looks like N def then feed N. should show noticeable dif in a week

Ah 1/20 lol. European mind didn't even think of a date. I would say give it some N if it hasn't had any in over a month.

Please post a pic.
Leaves falling low early and fast could be a sign of pythium root rot, a nutrient uptake problem, over watering...
We really need a pic to help you.

OGKushman said:
Please post a pic.
Leaves falling low early and fast could be a sign of pythium root rot, a nutrient uptake problem, over watering...
We really need a pic to help you.

I knew someone would want a pic! I had such a huge problem trying to upload pics last year, I never figured it out. I was using Picasa and it was reading something different than everyone was saying it should be reading and I couldn't figure out how to do it. This is a new computer so I'm starting from scratch. Someone mentioned that you can use Paint to do the picture thing. But I need a lesson to even do that! Is there a program other than Picasa that would do?

Simple:
Create photobucket account, upload photo, copy DIRECT link, paste in attachments, upload to MP.coms servers.

I can do it from my phone in under 30 seconds (that's 30 seconds from taking the pic to having it on the site.) :D

I use Paint all the time. It is incredibly easy and virtually all PCs have it.

I'm suprised we don't have step by step instructions or a tutorial for up loading pics using mspaint.

He doesn't have problems with the site it's resizing and transferring them. We are sorting it I think.

Sounds like a heavy Nitrogen feeder. Can't tell w/o pics but that's what I'd say...Feed it some N, mayhaps maxicrop or ph'd FoxFarm GrowBig.

It does Multi 'FastStone image veiwer' is simple as simple is i should know.
Lol
T4

Hi folks. I so appreciate all your input and help, but I have to tell you something. I haven't been responding because I have acquired a grandson for a couple weeks. He will be going to live with his dad soon, but for now I am of course, keeping all of my 'stuff' secret! I don't want him to catch me at my computer uploading mj pics! LOL! He's a young teen. I have my garden room locked, so that's not a problem. I also have no odors even though my ladies are in full flower, so that's not a problem, thankfully! I am reading and looking at all the links and help you have sent when he's out of the house and I'm home! I will ask more questions, I'm sure, but for now I have to be really careful! I'm going to try and figure this pic thing out and get some pics up. Roddy worked with me last year for quite awhile, but I still had issues. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous, but some of your tips are like a foreign language to me! :confused: I am going to figure it out though!!!!!! I have restarted the nitrogen and I think it's having an effect. My plants are literally heavy with flowers, so I do not want to mess anything up at this point!!
Thanks again for all your help. I hope to get some pics up soon. I have some real good pics too, that show the problem really clearly. Stay tuned!!

Latest posts

Back