Leaf Burn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColBlake

Reaction score
These are photos of one of the girls after 7 days in the flower room.
Does she look okay? One of the leaves either looks yellow or burned, hard to tell.
Also following the light chart, but if anyone could give me their opinion, I'd greatly appreciate it. Does it help to mist the leaves at all?

DSC00185.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

well it could be a couple things....whats the ph lookin like? i would say its a ph problem effecting proper nutrient uptake. if it was nutrient burn it would be on the outermost edge of leaves and be really yellow and browning hard.

that and could need some cal-mag.

check ph in containers and get it right. im pretty sure that will fix the prob after feeding some cal-mag as well....

it doesnt hurt to mist, it might help if you mist with some epsom salt- 1 tblspoon per gallon water.

get a good ph meter, test ph then try fixing ph with whatever is needed. buy some dolomite lime and water it in. that buffer will help.

when i did the E.S. mist i did it with light on but raised it up a foot until the vapor evaporated and it seemed to work for my mag def. you can also add a half teaspoon per gal. to ur nutes.

I would add it to the nutes as I don't mist. It's most likely your ph though. I think Trillions hit it right on the head. The powdered lime will help do bring your ph down, which is probably what's wrong. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
I would add it to the nutes as I don't mist. It's most likely your ph though. I think Trillions hit it right on the head. The powdered lime will help do bring your ph down, which is probably what's wrong. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Smoky How much lime to a gallon of water?

i would just dust the lime lightly on the soil and just water it in. a few tablespoons per container and see if it helps. but make sure you get a ph meter and test the runnoff that comes out of the containers. then you know whats goin on in the rootzone.

Well I got a decent ph meter and the water reads 7.9.
The hydro guy was out of ph down solution but said try using juice from a lemon. How much is needed?

ColBlake said:
Can anyone tell me what Epsom Salt mixed with nutes does for the plants?
E.S. adds magnesium to your nutes which probably have mag already. Most people use it for mag deficiancy or lock-up. hope that made sense

Thanks lyfr,

Being that this is my first grow, I figure there aren't too many dumb questions being asked out there, eh?

Hence the existence of forums.

Solved the burn problem however, I believe it was a nutrient/ph issue!
OC is lookin' sweet & on track though in the 2nd week of flowering.

Keep y'all posted.
Aint science/horticulture fun?! :D

Latest posts

Back