Leaves are not right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
My good friend who I've spoken of before on here is having issues. He's got two plants in flower right now, and the leaves on both plants are very light green, almost lime colored. The bottom leaves are turning yellow, and then getting grey spots on them and are dying. He thought the issue was nutes, and two days ago added some Tiger Bloom in 1/4 strength concentration. Today when I stopped by for a morning bong session, the plants don't look much better. The only difference I saw since two days ago is that the leaves seem to have flipped up? If you can understand what I mean.... the leaves usually have a seam in the middle of the leaf, and then bent down. Now they are flipped up...... any help would be appreciated by both of us!!

Sounds like trace minerals are getting locked or bonded out, from a noob.

edit: I mean a noobs guess (me)

Fluid1 said:
My good friend who I've spoken of before on here is having issues. He's got two plants in flower right now, and the leaves on both plants are very light green, almost lime colored. The bottom leaves are turning yellow, and then getting grey spots on them and are dying. He thought the issue was nutes, and two days ago added some Tiger Bloom in 1/4 strength concentration. Today when I stopped by for a morning bong session, the plants don't look much better. The only difference I saw since two days ago is that the leaves seem to have flipped up? If you can understand what I mean.... the leaves usually have a seam in the middle of the leaf, and then bent down. Now they are flipped up...... any help would be appreciated by both of us!!
This sounds exactly like a textbook example of Magnesium deficiency.

1 tablespoon of Epsom salts per/gallon of water. It won't hurt anything, and if it's the cure, you'll notice a change within days.

Thanks to both of you. The soil medium is pretty crappy over there, he's using like 1/2 perlite and 1/2 manure soil. I'll tell him about the Epson salt idea, we might get up for the afternoon football games today.

So he just wants to do this one time, with one watering? Thanks.

i have heard when a plant starts and during flowering cycle that it will pull nutrients from the leaves and put them back in to the flower. just a suggestionhope all goes well and best of luck

Fluid1 said:
So he just wants to do this one time, with one watering? Thanks.
If it works, he may want to use it with every watering. The fert he's using must be low or missing Mg. That's not uncommon.

Wish him luck for me!

Stoney Bud said:
If it works, he may want to use it with every watering. The fert he's using must be low or missing Mg. That's not uncommon.

Wish him luck for me!

Thanks again SB. The only fert he's used is the Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, and he only used that once, two days ago. He's about 2 weeks into flowering. I keep telling him to make an account on here, but he's the ultra paraoid type, and is much older than me, kind of set in his ways. haha

If it's the only ferts he's used, it may just be fert shock. Tell him to work up to what he gave the plants. With weed, you have to let the plant adjust to changes or suffer through shock. MJ is a hearty plant. It's actually hard to kill. You have to do something that really makes it angry before it will die on you.

If the Mg works, than you'll have gotten through the rough part. If it doesn't, he may have to flush the plant and reduce the nutrient concentration enough to acclimatize the plant and work up to the before offered strength.

Stoney Bud said:
If it's the only ferts he's used, it may just be fert shock. Tell him to work up to what he gave the plants. With weed, you have to let the plant adjust to changes or suffer through shock. MJ is a hearty plant. It's actually hard to kill. You have to do something that really makes it angry before it will die on you.

If the Mg works, than you'll have gotten through the rough part. If it doesn't, he may have to flush the plant and reduce the nutrient concentration enough to acclimatize the plant and work up to the before offered strength.

We both know about the nutes......The plants have been this way for about 3 weeks. The Tiger Bloom 3 days ago was in an attempt to fix it, and it was in very low concentration..... Today he put some regular water with some epsom salt in it. So it's definitely not nute burn as it was like this before the nutes were added. I just hope it works!

Elephant Man said:
I was looking at this chart and keep in mind, that I am new, but Tiger bloom seems to be missing a few trace elements such as sodium (Stoney's the man) and sulphur.

Hopefully Stoney can look this over too and tell us what he thinks.

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=3300

I'm all for learning and trying to help :).

Thanks. I think that patience is key right now as he tried some Tiger Bloom just very recently and then the epsom salt just today. Tiger Bloom again in the same weak concentration in another two days and hopefully the ladies will be looking up.

I spoke to this guy tonight, his plants are doing much better! Seems your solution worked, SB. He thanks you. Too bad my plants are acting up now! :(

Latest posts

Back