Leaves seem to be angled upwards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffon

Reaction score
I was just curious if this was a problem because of over watering, or if this was normal. One of my plants does look a bit sick though. I am not sure if it is due to the seedling stage in the first week. What happened was; the actual seed bound its first leaves together for the first week or so and I was not sure if I should have cracked this off or not. It happened again when I planted a new widow, but this time I just went ahead and carefully freed the seed from the newborn leaves.

The first 2 pictures show what seem to be healthy widows, but then u can see what i am talking about in the third profile pic. The leaves seem to be angled upwards. Then the 4th and 5th pic are of the same plant, one that I am not sure why it looks sick, maybe under watered. They are sitting 12 inches away from a 175 metal halide. Temps are in the mid 80's usually. They are on 16 hours of light. This is the second week. I have been using distilled water.

The very last pic shows the seed binding to the leaves.

whitewidow_1.jpg

whitewidow_2.jpg

widow_pfile.jpg

sickwidow_1-1.jpg

sickwidow_1-2.jpg

daysoldwidow.jpg

Im a new grower but in this book "Grow Great Marijuana" by Logan Edwards says if ur leaf curls u need to check ur PH level

Looking at that plant I'd say that may be down to the genetics, the 2 other healthy plants,they look fine but that other one looks like it's exhibiting slightly abnormal growth but it might 'straighten out' later.

You say you've given water so far only so overfeeding should'nt be it,sometimes big overfeedings of nitrogen can cause plants to change shape unnaturally,massive overdoses though.

As regards watering,do you water thoroughly and not rewet till most of previously given water/feed has been untilised by the plant?,ensures good rootzone aeration.

I think they look fine man. The pic to the right looks a little over watered maybe. Everyhting else looks good imo. The fan leaves will reach upward or angle upward when the lights are on, its a good thing. When u start to flower u will notice that the leaves will relax a little bit and not angle up.

Wish they were my plants i think i have lost my mother.

thanks for the info. I am trying to treat each one individually so sometimes I get confused with how often I water each specific one. I might agree with the bad genetics, because I noticed that the stem on the curled up one looks more developed and harder than the others. I'm going to keep a close eye on them.

looks like it might need a tad of iron,maby a smidgen of zink.What is your ph level?should be 6.2-6.8 with a ppm(dont use ec)of 200-400 @ seedling

Latest posts

Back