leaves wilting downward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daf

up in smoke!!!
Reaction score
e & f ,1 week old cuttings i have them in hydroton square pots started 200 ppms , 5.8, leaves are droppy dont know if its a watering problem, i am doing 30min on 2 hrs off , no watering when lights off =need help dont know if overwatering or underwatering and if i should water when light off, thanks

i water for 30min on 3 1/2 hrs off..try bumping yer nute around and see what happens..you using RO ?

I've never tried putting unrooted cuts into an ebb and flow. I've always rooted them first.

That said, you don't want the surface of the cut to become dry or to be open to air. If an air pocket gets into the stem, it will block water/nute take-up and kill the cutting.

Its also best to use a rooting hormone to root them. I use K-L-N, but there are many available.

I put my cuts into a Botanicare Rooting Machine like this one:

View attachment botanicare-clone-machine-25-site.jpg

doing tap water , the water is 170ppms

daf said:
they are rooted allready,

Ahhhh, good. You fooled me with "one week old cuttings".

They're cuttings until they root. Then they are clones, as they become complete plants with a root system.

Thanks for clearing that up!

daf said:
r u watering when lights off

I always use a one-hour-on, two-hours-off, 24/7 cycle in my ebb and flow. I figure that maximizes water, nutrients and oxygen in the root zone.

Latest posts

Back