Leaves with holes or portions missing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddmachinist

Reaction score
My plant is maybe 3-4 weeks old and is still pretty small maybe on 2 1/4 inches taller than from where the sun leaves died off . And the first few sets above the sun leaves have holes in them or parts missing don't kno if it was maybe something eating them or due to the nute burn it experienced early on . Does anyone think I should prune these messed up leaves to promote new posibly faster growth ?

Can you post a picture so we can see what your looking at?

Look for bugs, cats, dogs, lizards.

Yea I'm gonna try and take some pics later and post them . Just have to figure out how to lol

Hi Group,
Yeah, I've been noticing that we've got thousands of little Leaf Hopper bugs, hopping around on my houseplants, which we're just brought outside 2 weeks ago, and of course on the Weed crop.
Fortunately they don't eat too much, but there are LOTS of the little buggers.

Perhaps that's what you've got also?

How about Cicadas?
We're in the 18-19 year return of these lovely critters also.

Anybody else got Bugs??

Stoned Woodsman :icon_smile:

Newbietoo said:
(COMPUTERS!!) YEA THAT!!

I'm just Tryna upload them from my phone now but the file size is too big and I don't know how to change it . Ill figure It out tomorrow

Maddmachinist said:
My plant is maybe 3-4 weeks old and is still pretty small maybe on 2 1/4 inches taller than from where the sun leaves died off . And the first few sets above the sun leaves have holes in them or parts missing don't kno if it was maybe something eating them or due to the nute burn it experienced early on . Does anyone think I should prune these messed up leaves to promote new posibly faster growth ?

That sounds like Aphids, the will eat your leaves and kill your grow, I had them a few years ago and used a organic topical bug killer and that took care of them but I don't remember what it was and my wife used it up on the tomatoes.

without a pic I would add that this year I had the same thing...added cal-mag in a half dose... tidied things right up....hth

could be a ph problem.

ive seen plants twist n curl and not fully form portions of leaves or it look like there are holes.

could be critters but if the leaf formation looks like it was formed and not that something was eating it and the the edges of the "damage" looks fresh... you will be able to put a cheap "loupe" on it and see, or even if critters are there.

look under and around shoots, stalks, branches, stems, and undersides of leaves.

if nothing is present (should have said this first)

what is your mediums ph?

do u check ph?

meter?
a good one?
calibrate it?
two levels?
what medium and how do u check>>?

list can go from here....

having a proper ph spectrum will greatly decrease problems and increase yield.

I would leave them there till they fell off or blow off with the wind from a fan cause then you know there dead and not helping the plant

Latest posts

Back