legal & security questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spuds_mckinsey

Reaction score
ok so im renting and in my lease its stated i need at least 24hrs notice for them to come in my house with me present. well today out of the corner of my eye i notice something "fixed". so they were in my house when no one was here and i have no idea of how many times or when they were. everything was done by that time but i still had my light out and maybe a jar sitting out (suppose to be my damn house) my questions are 1st what should i do... if they took pictures can they legally use them, do i have any course of action i cant tkae against them since i cant know exact times they were here. and anything else you think i should do would be helpfull to. ever since i noticed the "fix" i feel uncomfortable and unsafe in my own home.... 1 thought so far was to change locks and ifshe ever says anything about them before i move out ill know that she has tried again or maybe a piece of clear tape on the doors... again any advice will help out greatly

why would a light or jar be any evidence to anything?

well the light is no small thing and the jar wasnt empty. have a ton of reasons i could use the light but likre i said i have no idea when or where they where in my house or what they took, seen, maybe took pictures of, only know they were in it between mar 1 and april 25th, and i didnt get done with my last project till arpil10th..somehwere around there

I feel your pain!! Last year we was living in an apartment and the same thing happened. We scheduled the repair for a date and time that we could both be there. I made it clear to them that I did not want anyone in MY HOUSE when I was not home. They did not show up when they was suppose to so we rescheduled for another day. Two days later I come home from work and there is a note on my door stating that the repair was complete....
Not only did they come in my house uninvited they failed to test their repair so, I had to repair it myself after they supposedly had fixed it. I told them I was going to change the locks after that and they told me that I could not change the locks. I asked why and they told me that they needed a key in case of a fire. So I told them that they had my permission to break a window in case of an emergency. Needless to say that was a huge factor in us moving out.
Once you know that they have been there, one can only assume what they did or seen. Who know that was probably not the first time they was there without you. If I was you I would consider a move. The trust has been broken! What an invasion of privacy!!

repair ppl have keys? lol id suggest a move to uk hahahahaha

*** @ that man , anyways even so your growroom should be a lock & key room anyways :)

I wouldnt worrie about it bro if they say anything just say you where holding the light for some-one and if they ask about the jar just say your curing some weed what you bought.

I would'nt worrie about it, Repair men are usualy just average joes who proberly wouldt even care or interfere with your buisness!!

Peace,

RAD

I can tell from 1st hand experiance that the maintenance men "probably" aint gonna do anything. They probably took some bud lol. In the aspect of entry into the apartment in the event of an emergency or if something ia affecting another apartment then they "do not" need authorization to enter. If it's a repair that you called in then yes they should abide by your rerquest.

The reason I know this is I am a maintenance man and have been for 15 years and the stuff that I saw you wouldn't believe. I myself have seen lots of weed sitting out and "most " people don't care.

you also might worry if they come back and still some plants or bud.. cant go to the office and say the maintenance guy stoled weed from your apartment.. i would make friends with the maintenance guys just to see what type of people they are.
if they are like schlendrake that dont worry about things liek that, then youre good. but if you have some new guys that dont really care about their job, its just an easy target for them... i would lock the room with the grow with key and not the main door..

Latest posts

Back