Legal Warrantless search

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thread is rite on the money.. my only fear is a fire.. a fire that starts upstairs and burns only part of the house.. NOT the part that could send me to jail... other than an act of god i think im pretty good. the main thing that i do to stay safe is, just live a normal life.. i go to work and come home.. i talk to my neighbors when i see them in the yard and stuff.. mow my grass. wash my car.. all that kinda stuff.. so i dont really stress over something crazy happening and me gettting busted..

I was wondering, at what amount of power usage would the power company be like HMMMMMMM??? im wondering because i run 1k watt on 12/12 and i want to add 3 more.. so if i have all 4000 watts on the same 12 on 12 off cycle, will the power co. notice??

Stoney i was thinking about making a sign like yours and put it on my front and side doors. think that would work the same?

Bleek187 said:
Stoney i was thinking about making a sign like yours and put it on my front and side doors. think that would work the same?

As long as the sign is obvious and not able to later be said as "Not really visible", and someone really does answer one of the phone numbers 24/7/365, then it should work for the "Haven't seen him in awhile".

I'm kinda lucky. My Attorney is a stoner and loves my weed, so lots of advice is free while she and I are just yakin it up. To find out if a sign like that would work in your specific area, you'd have to ask a local criminal lawyer. It could be phrased in a way that has nothing to do with weed. Its entry into the house you're asking about, not what is in it.

If a cop sees smoke, they can bust your door down, sign or not. "Imminent harm to life" is their just cause.

Irish said:
very good advice stoney. i use this same type of set up since i've engaged in indoor growing. it could make all the difference between your nightly sleeping arrangements...;) ...

what the heck are you doing growing at your physical addy while on paper? sheesh. unless,,,you are legal by being a card holder? but i still think that would have to be cleared through the po first! and if your in michigan, dont even ask!

Actually, I have a friend who was recently busted for almost 300 plants outside, got his card while going to court, received probation (and this wasn't his first run in) and was allowed to smoke (not sure about growing). Unfortunately, the guy figured he was above the law and went straight to an indoor 300 plant operation and is currently facing 40 years fed time!

Depends on the court and probation officer.

bleek 187 ;
Your thread could have been written by me , I talked to my immediate nextdoor neighbor 40 minutes before the Protect and Serves walked through my houses .Beeing nce to an old lady who lives a block away from me is what precipitated the visit. I would suggest you put up the notice that Stoney has .we live in a police state ,1984 has come and gone and no one seems to have noticed .
That's exactly what Orwell said would happen.
The only one of the first ten amendmants which I haven't seen violated is the forced housing of troops in private homes during times of peace.
Other than that ....Well we can't get political so fill in the blank

This is a bit worrying!!

Don't like the idea of cops entering my house without a warrant at ALL... EVER.

Dancer think how I feel about it.
My biggest mistake was believing the fairy tale about Constitutional rights .
They write the rules and then bend them to fit the circumstances .
The Constitution is a social contract which created a Leviathan.
The LEOs are the arm of the Beast.
The Bill of rights were created to protect the common citizen from the Monster.
LEOs hate them and will circumvent them at every opportunity .
Always act as if you live in a Police State , never drop your gaurd or they'll come right up your wazoo and laugh about it.

It cost me $4.50 per/sign for waterproof, high quality signs. I put one on each gate and one above the call-box in front of the gate.

Four signs. Less than $20.

The difference between prison and freedom.

I would assume that an emergency such as fire or act of God in any way, or even an escaped convict/suspect search would mean those signs won't stop the LEO/fire/rescue personnel from entering. I also doubt the signs will stop them from prosecution should they enter and find something...but it is a good idea.

Roddy said:
I would assume that an emergency such as fire or act of God in any way, or even an escaped convict/suspect search would mean those signs won't stop the LEO/fire/rescue personnel from entering. I also doubt the signs will stop them from prosecution should they enter and find something...but it is a good idea.

A fire and they come in.

I've heard of the "Escaped convict" thing but have never known a single person who ever even knew anyone who had the police do that. Besides, my property is secure. I can guarantee them no one is in my house. Having an escaped prisoner isn't grounds to search anyone's house unless someone was seen entering it.

The signs will absolutely stop them from entering legally. If they enter anyway, nothing they find can be used in court as it was obtained illegally.

The USA is not a police state. You just have to make sure you close the loopholes they can use. The signs are not 100%, but they're way better than not having them.

Roddy said:
I also doubt the signs will stop them from prosecution should they enter and find something...but it is a good idea.

It might not stop prosecution, but it should stop successful prosecution.

I wonder if it was posted directly inside all entrances would it still have the same effect, if they enter and see the sign regardless of what they find i wonder if the sign will hold up as illegal entry.

StoneyBud said:
A fire and they come in.

I've heard of the "Escaped convict" thing but have never known a single person who ever even knew anyone who had the police do that. Besides, my property is secure. I can guarantee them no one is in my house. Having an escaped prisoner isn't grounds to search anyone's house unless someone was seen entering it.

The signs will absolutely stop them from entering legally. If they enter anyway, nothing they find can be used in court as it was obtained illegally.

The USA is not a police state. You just have to make sure you close the loopholes they can use. The signs are not 100%, but they're way better than not having them.

I agree, we shouldn't have to worry about this, but I would just say that it can happen....all I'm saying is it does good, but isn't 100% protection! And it may not be legal, but it may cost you tons of money/time/health in fighting it, should something ever happen...no guarantee you win either.

eta...there is no way you can guarantee your house is secure.

Latest posts

Back