Let's Talk Coffee!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roddy

I resisted and resisted as long as I could, I stalked the aisle and am probably seen in countless security vids dating back a couple months...in multiple stores!! I was able to talk myself down time after time, using excuses from "I'm not much of a coffee drinker" to "it's too expensive" to.....well the excuses were numerous! The biggest excuse I could come up with and deterred me the most was the fact that my disaster zone of a son would have the thing in pieces long before I would get my value from it...well, he moved out recently, and took with him the best defense against buying this!

What...you may ask....is "this"? Well, the Keurig brewing system, of course! I finally broke down and bought the elite which is sitting on my safe right behind my computer desk lmao. Now, I know I know, I've already heard the laughs and the gasps about the price of these units AND the K-cups, but it all boiled down to what ol' Roddy wanted and I wanted something I could trust to make good coffee every time. I am NOT much of a coffee person, but I DO like fresh and tasty coffee as opposed to bitter, burned tasting...and only recently found such home brewed coffee when a friend got her Keurig. Anyone here have one?? These beauties deliver a fresh cup of steaming hot coffee every time, tastes just like at the coffee shop!! The price of the unit is a bit more than other units, but not so much more that it's outrageous, the other unit I was looking at was only $30 less.

I have gone through the sample pack of K-cups and found a few were really strong, but each had a flavor you could actually taste instead of just bitter coffee and aftertaste. At roughly 60 cents a cup, you definitely don't want to be buying packs you end up not liking, so I am getting more sample packs and using the My K-cup feature which allows me to use my own coffee. Funny enough, I found the best cup of coffee yet is the Gevalia espresso roast...just like the coffee I love after dinner on cruise ships! I just happened to see it in the coffee section and thought I'd try that....it's in bag form and I use the My K-cup. I actually bought 3 bags of different flavors/roasts of coffee and have them in glass containers sitting beside the coffee maker, almost looking like a coffee shop now :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone have a favorite flavor of coffee?? Share...if I find it in the stores, I may give it a shot! With the purchase and registry of the maker, you are able to buy 4 boxes of K-cups for the price of 2, I got a couple sample packs and some Green Mountain...strong stuff! Oh, and while I've only had this puppy a few days, I can safely say I think it's a good value for those who like good coffee every time!

Ooops, Gevalia is done and steaming..... :ciao:

:ciao: Roddy.....we have this maker....and like ours...just use good kcups..we tried the costco brand as it was half the price..but is bitter and gives me heartburn...I like that its single and quik...Its not that benificial for those that dink more than a few cups iMO..its too epensive...Ive since went back to the coffee pot ( Zfolgers..Breakfast blend..) ..the keurik stays on the counter for what we also like are the teas...if ya get a chance try the green teas:aok:...tha Hot chocolate is good for the kidos as well.....Now I need get me a cup joe:bolt:

:ciao: 4U! THANKS for the input, didn't know there were generic K-cups available! I think you're right about the K-cups being too expensive for a heavy drinker, but I also think the My K-cup feature works for those...wish it were made as a disposable which you put in the sleeve, though!

I saw the Ghiradelli hot cocoa K-cups...will give them a try! I like cappi's too, and tried my cappi mix in the My K-cup...nope, not gonna work!

I don't usually drink a lot of coffee, but now find myself having a cup after dinner, while sitting on the computer in the morning and evening....great to have a good cup any time!

:ciao: Roddy! And good morning!

Ill make this short and sweet. Their is a specialty shop about 30 mins drive from my house. They roast several different kinds of bean for there coffee every morning. The best darn coffee ive ever had. I buy their "salt and pepper" mix. Its a combination of their darkest roast and there mild, smooth roast. Makes the best ice coffe on this green planet we call earth and im an iced coffee guy over hot coffee in the morning.

Well, that's another thing, Drfting...the closest coffee shop to me is a Tim Horton's (not really a coffee shop) or a Bear Claw...either is 20 miles in opposite directions. The closest Starbuck's is an hour's drive (and I really am not a fan anyway)...there's just no place to buy a cup now and again around me.

well dayum!

Now i want to make a trip to "Something Different" (where i get my coffee) They have a smoker for tri-tip, brisket and boston butts. Must get BBQ!!!!

I love my coffee. Equal exchange, organic (of course) 5 pound bags from seattle.

I have used up, burnt up, gone through 5 espresso makers in my life.

We have coffee shops everywhere around us and I like my coffee better.

Love a latte. I don't do flavored. Come on by I will make ya a cup.

:ciao: Rosebud!

Sounds like a plan, ill be there shortly! hehe

BTW 6/6 of my satoris have sprouted! I cant believe it! 100% germination rate. Mandala is the bees knees!

Folgers Crystals :p

(diet dp here, lol- soda girl)

We received a Keurig and they ARE awesome. I was gifted the metal basket and now I can buy any coffee i want nand make it per lil metal cup...It's awesome! One spoonful per cup and yer golden. :aok:Good thread Roddy!

Folgers??? I had no idea people drank dirt! :rofl:

It actually contains some dirt though. Hahaha ;)

I drink a LOT of different flavors. I like the Kona brand, it may be expensive but I don't drink enough to justify buying the cheap junk. I also can not stand bitter coffee.

SmokinMom said:
Folgers Crystals :p

(diet dp here, lol- soda girl)

Well now we know people don't come to see you for your coffee Sm. :p

My mom drank that and she was 400 years old.

used to drink eight o clock original...have'nt had a cup of coffee in years...now i do the dew...:)

7greeneyes said:
We received a Keurig and they ARE awesome. I was gifted the metal basket and now I can buy any coffee i want nand make it per lil metal cup...It's awesome! One spoonful per cup and yer golden. :aok:Good thread Roddy!

I seen those little metal baskets...didnt think they worked very well....do you like yours?...and does it no make a mess?

need get me a cup coffee now:bolt:

That's the My K-cup basket, it works great...and yes, it is a bit messy! I wish they'd make it into a disposable that fit right into the cylinder...one of these days! The instructions say not to get too fine a grind of coffee and it works best...

Yeah...it's time for a cup of Millstone french vanilla!!

hey 4u

yeah, it's messy but the convenience greatly makes up for the maintenance.

:peace:,

7ge:)

I believe it's time for a Gevalia espresso roast and a Pineapple Express!

I love my coffee. Probably drink about 3/4 of a pot per day. But it is always a treat when I go to my parents and make a cup from their Keurig system. It just always tastes perfect!

Latest posts

Back