Light rails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megatron

..to punnish and enslave.
Reaction score
Motorized light rails.. Anyone use them? How effective are they? Is it worth the price? Just curious before I go and spend 500.00 bucks on them..

:farm: Light movers are great for increasing the area your light covers. I use one in my grow when I grow more than 40 inches x 40 inches square :hubba:

if you have an oscillating fan, 2 pieces of dowel rod, a shower door rail and rollers, you can easily make one that will move 2-3ft, back and forth. Way way less than the $175 for a commercially made

I took 2 dowel rods about 20 inches and attached them to each side of the fan solidly on the same horizontal plane. then I ran a piece of heavy monofiliment[50#] to each and then ran em thru eyelets on each side wall. Then I supported the light on a shower door rail and rollers over the grow. I atttached the line to opposite ends of the light and when the fan oscillates, it moves the light back and forth across the grow. works excellent :aok:

Got a pic?

Puffin Afatty said:
:farm: Light movers are great for increasing the area your light covers. I use one in my grow when I grow more than 40 inches x 40 inches square :hubba:

if you have an oscillating fan, 2 pieces of dowel rod, a shower door rail and rollers, you can easily make one that will move 2-3ft, back and forth. Way way less than the $175 for a commercially made

I took 2 dowel rods about 20 inches and attached them to each side of the fan solidly on the same horizontal plane. then I ran a piece of heavy monofiliment[50#] to each and then ran em thru eyelets on each side wall. Then I supported the light on a shower door rail and rollers over the grow. I atttached the line to opposite ends of the light and when the fan oscillates, it moves the light back and forth across the grow. works excellent :aok:

I sometimes use a light mover. I have a closet that is 3 x 6.5 x 7.5. If the closet is full, the plants at each end do not get enough light without the light mover. It does make air cooling the light a little tougher, however. You can get one for far less than $500.

Latest posts

Back