Lites Question & Pix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok here my grow room it 3x4x7 and painted all the walls White and I have 4) 42 watts each with 2,600 light output limens Soft White
4) 4foot 2 bulbs Lite fixtures, With 40 watts for each bulbs 4 of them are Soft White and the Other 4 are light light blue lighting and the Lumins of those 3,300 for each bulbs.. and these are hanging down ward in the cornners.

I figure that 488 watts is enough to get these Girls enough Lights, yes there is 2) 8 inch fan at the bottom of the room and 1) 10 at the top and a ducting from my swap cooler to the room (Hehe) stay about 76 to 80 degree in the afternoon..

Here some pix of a new Born Beginner and let me know what you think!

Kool Down For the Girls.jpg

Room.jpg

Grow Room.jpg

I also have these 75 watts lights that are called (Plant light) and they look like they been painted blue and they look like flood lites but for inside plants and made from Philps and don't say anything about lumins.

Are these lights any good?

I was going to get the so called "plant lights" until an employee at a head shop said it was a crock o sh*t, so I didn't buy them, could work but he said he was growing for years, like others on this site he suggested the CFL's

Yeah those plant and aquarium bulbs work okay.... but they cost double a normal flouro... and put out half the lumens.

KADE said:
Yeah those plant and aquarium bulbs work okay.... but they cost double a normal flouro... and put out half the lumens.

Sorry there not fish tank Bulb!! They came from my Dad and there from his shop Over head lighting that I cleaned up and fixed.
And as for the bulb there cfl's

HEY FLYINGHIGH YOUR GROW ROOM LOOKS GOOD.STICK WITH THE CFLs' THE SO CALLED PLANT LIGHT PUTS OFF WAY 2 MUCH HEAT AND USE ALOT OF ENERGY.IMO I TRYED ONE AND THEY ****.

Flyinghigh said:
Sorry there not fish tank Bulb!! They came from my Dad and there from his shop Over head lighting that I cleaned up and fixed.
And as for the bulb there cfl's

nonono, I meant thas what they are called.. the purplish colored bulbs... plant and aquarium bulbs.. take a look at wallyworld sometime.

KADE said:
nonono, I meant thas what they are called.. the purplish colored bulbs... plant and aquarium bulbs.. take a look at wallyworld sometime.

Yes I will as soon as I can get down there in the next few days !!
I guess my Dad had bought those awhile back and we used them at the shop!!

Flyinghigh said:
Yes I will as soon as I can get down there in the next few days !!
I guess my Dad had bought those awhile back and we used them at the shop!!

Hey, hold on... U dont want them tho!! IMHO they work well...

But they are not cost effective when there are cheaper bulbs that put out double the lumens.

KADE said:
Hey, hold on... U dont want them tho!! IMHO they work well...

But they are not cost effective when there are cheaper bulbs that put out double the lumens.

Nope I am not going to buy anymore lites! If I do buy more lites I am going to ebay to get the 250 hd lighting for 95 Bucks for Veggie and buy the other one for flowering an that makes more since to me for lighting.

For now I am going to use what I have and see how they come out and I know I want to make another box for Veggie so then I can have the bigger one for Flowering so in the future I am going to change my set up!!

Have A green Bud Day.
:2940th_rasta:

Latest posts

Back