Little Cloning Experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growgreen420

Reaction score
So I have been flowering for 24 days now and I am curious to see what will happen if I take clones form one of the flowering plants.

I have read that they can convert back to veg or they might not.

Plus I want to practice a little more at taking clones.

So I am taking 4 clones from 1 flowering plant that has been flowering for 24 days. I'll keep this updated.

growgreen420 said:
So I have been flowering for 24 days now and I am curious to see what will happen if I take clones form one of the flowering plants.

I have read that they can convert back to veg or they might not.

Plus I want to practice a little more at taking clones.

So I am taking 4 clones from 1 flowering plant that has been flowering for 24 days. I'll keep this updated.

I have done this many times. Cuts usually take a bit longer to throw roots and then they might get some odd growth like single leaves for a bit. Then they start growing normal again.

Hamster Lewis said:
I have done this many times. Cuts usually take a bit longer to throw roots and then they might get some odd growth like single leaves for a bit. Then they start growing normal again.

Awesome thanks. Yeah I am excited and curious to see what happens. I already have 4 other clones that have rooted and already planted in soil so not worried if these 4 new ones don't make it or not. They are from a different strain than the other clones so it might be nice to have a couple from one strain and a couple from another... we will see how it goes.

Yeah I am trying to be diligent and take clones often this year. I figure better to have too many then not enough.

Ok so all the clones are doing just fine as of now; just have one question.

The other four clones I took (During the veg cycle) are growing like crazy! Like nearly 8 inches tall... my only concern is.... instead of having one main stem.... the plants have like 4 "main" stems each... is this okay? Should I cut these other stems off and try to get it to grow from the center main stem?

Sorry I don't have pics right now...

Any help would be great. Thanks.

growgreen420 said:
Ok so all the clones are doing just fine as of now; just have one question.

The other four clones I took (During the veg cycle) are growing like crazy! Like nearly 8 inches tall... my only concern is.... instead of having one main stem.... the plants have like 4 "main" stems each... is this okay? Should I cut these other stems off and try to get it to grow from the center main stem?

Sorry I don't have pics right now...

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Not sure without pics but it sounds like a good thing. I don't trim my clones, except initially when I take the cut from the donor plant. One of the benefits of topping is creating multiple colas. I prefer to not grow bean poles with one main stem. You get the best out of the plant when you can train it and get multiple fat colas. Kinda like a candelabra when done right. jmo

I get multi branching all the time when cloneing..I like to let them be and take them off when they big enough to be a clone...And Ive taken clones from flower as far as 6 weeks in...IMOE its the later part of flower that will make the plant reveg prior to throwing roots...and some strains clone easier after placed into flower...just my thaughts

take care and be safe
:48:

Okay thanks guys. I don't have my camera with me this week (and don't wanna use my cell phone and risk geo tagging).... I will have my camera next weekend (5 days) and try to get some good updates on the pics. The flowering plants in my grow tent are over 5 feet tall and have some super nice buds. And the clones are just that...small babies right now lol... just curious about this multi-stem thing going one but I guess it won't be a bad thing and will hopefully give me a better yield. I only flower 4 plants so space is not a problem in the tent so more stems will work

I cloned like week 6 this time and got 1 plant with dark waxie lookin leaves this time. I mean they reflect light they are so shinny. some weird y strain comeing out from some anchient plant I guess. she is flowering nicely thou. we'll see what she feels like. kinda weird

jackinthebox said:
I cloned like week 6 this time and got 1 plant with dark waxie lookin leaves this time. I mean they reflect light they are so shinny. some weird y strain comeing out from some anchient plant I guess. she is flowering nicely thou. we'll see what she feels like. kinda weird

Actually, that is quite normal when you clone plants that are that far into 12/12. I am more surprised that all of them are not throwing those leaves.

Latest posts

Back