Long time smoker, new to the community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pikturez

Reaction score
Hi everyone !
Jus here to introduce myself and say hi to the community, i used to grow but have since lost touch since canada used to be illegal, looking to get back into growing now that canada has gone legal and hope to be able to pick up on some knowledge as im jus getting warmed up again.
First question i have is for these new LEDs, whats a good lumens output for 4 plants ? Im used to the old 1000 watt light bulbs but now i hear and see everything going LED which im unfamiliar with

Thanks in advanced and its very nice to meet u all !

I use led’s and have never used anything else...well I guess that just says I’m a newby too...I’ve grown maybe 5 crops...at first under a handful of ( so I lied a minute ago)cfl’s...less than spectacular but then I thought I’d go with the latest tech and get some leds...lotta peeps are doin it so why not check it out...there are a lot of good products out there, of course the best are expensive but there are good moderate options for home use as well...I got mine from solstrip.com as I don’t mind doing a little wiring and soldering to save a few bucks and I think I get good results and great coverage...quite a number of folks here use the king leds... and some use Viparspectra leds or lush leds...and a couple of the guys who have more money than the rest of us, use Fluenece which is probably the top of the line but expensive...
So, good to have you here, you’ll learn a lot and maybe teach us a few things at the same time...good luck on your grow and don’t be shy, show us what you got goin on...

Last edited:
Welcome to MP! It is great that you have joined us.
Lumens are for humans, PAR is for plants. :)
I am fairly new to LED growing as well, so I am no expert. I am currently using a KING LED. So far I am loving it.
I wish you good karma with your all grows.

Last edited:
Welcome Pikturez Glad to hear your getting back into the game....so many LED's and other lighting options out there....just read up and check out the success Ms Rose and Hamster Lewis has with LED's. I run a mixed array of HPS and LED and the next run I aim to test a 315 LEC next to the 600 HPS. I run the 600 HPS in the summer months and do a couple runs with a 1000 HPS in the winter months. The LED I use in this grow is a Hi Gro optical series 1000 watt/400 watt draw, it does a fine job. I all so use a Viparspectra 700 watt/325 draw and have great results with it as well. Good luck and enjoy MP!

Welcome to MP. I made the switch to LED from HID lighting a couple of years ago and have been loving life. I have tried a couple of different brands including a custom built unit. Been using King LEDs for a while now and they have been the best I have had. Not super expensive and they work well. I run a 1200 and 1500 in a 4x4x6.5 ft Flower tent.

Thank u for all the responses !
I’ve always loved the gardening community, such a positive and friendly enviroment !
Cant wait to get started and show pics of my progress.
I have been reading the newbie threads (a lot of info to take in at once) and am excited and halfway ready to start my garden !

Peace, love and happiness to all !

Latest posts

Back