Longest-lived light/ballast you have owned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
In 1998 I got my first 430w Hydrofarm unit which has only been repaired one time and still works as well as ever. Not bad for what is at least a fifteen-year-old unit (I dunno when it was built).

Lot of electronic ballast lovers here I guess. :giggle:

I have two 1000 watt halide ballasts, one 1000 watt HPS, and a 400 halide which are each an easy 25 years old. All Hydrofarm, bought them new. They still work great and I use them as backups and add-ons. Lost count of how many bulbs have been through them over the years.

Wow. :shocked: 25 years ago I was reading High Times and thinking "boy those grow lights are pricey". Mine have paid for themselves a gazillion times in grass that I needed not buy.

Growin yur own need be nothin like it ;) How yual doing Miss glad to see yur fires still glowin ;)

BWD

YYZ Skinhead said:
Nirvana Papaya, but of course...my main go-to strain.

Cant says I ever tried it YYZ? Is it good pouch product? Hows it make yual feel when smoked? Be interestin to try something different reckon need to try new things from time to time.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Cant says I ever tried it YYZ? Is it good pouch product? Hows it make yual feel when smoked? Be interestin to try something different reckon need to try new things from time to time.

BWD
I ilke it for its heavy body stone, big ol' buds and fruity pipe-tobacco smell/taste. Click on the Nirvana banner and look it up under feminised seeds. I recommend it for people who have grown previously (though probably not for beginners).

YYZ Skinhead said:
I ilke it for its heavy body stone, big ol' buds and fruity pipe-tobacco smell/taste. Click on the Nirvana banner and look it up under feminised seeds. I recommend it for people who have grown previously (though probably not for beginners).

Much abliged YYZ just might consider this here strain since I gots an empty grow area doin nothin at the momment ;)

BWD

I've had my mag ballast 1kw hps as long as I've been growing. Going on 15 years now and she's still rockin it.:aok:

400 watt magnetic from htg supply , drove to their store when they opened back in 06. still running but grounds managed to loosen themselves up and ignitor circuit stopped working until thy were retightened

Latest posts

Back