lopping? fim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polpolno1

Reaction score
Hi
I started growing my plants 24 days ago. They're looking good!
Ive been reading about the FIM method and about lopping.
My girls have reached the 5th intersection and everyone says this is the time to trim them but I really don't want to hurt my babies..

What should I do??

you can start topping/fimming ..I like the 4-5th node site to start at:aok:..any pics of these Babies?

:48:

Fimming_v_topping.jpg

Yeah just follow the guide that 4U put up. Study it closely before doing any cuts. I personally do FIM rather than topping most of the time as it makes the plants more bushy and helps them stay shorter longer. Without topping or FIM the plant will grow straight up like a small tree, which is ok for some strains which do better with SOG type of grows. You have to take a close look at your plant strain to see if the breeder says anything about it.

If the strain is unknown or is a hybrid, you can look at the structure to tell if it should be SOG style or if it can be bushed out. SOG style plants will have heavy stalks with side branches that grow straight up rather than out from the plant. These don't do as well with methods to make them more bushy. Shoot us a picture and we might be able to tell if it is more of a SOG or bushy style of plant. :)

Don't be too worried about hurting them once they are growing good. As long as they are being fed and watered correctly, any type of pruning or training will not hurt them while they are in veg. They will recover from any stress as long as it happens during veg and the plant is given enough time to heal before being put into flower. :)

Hi
Is it safe to post pictures?
I'm a bit afraid from the police...

polpolno1 said:
Hi
Is it safe to post pictures?
I'm a bit afraid from the police...

Yeah your ok to post...just post pics to the site...and no live links ..:aok:

:ciao: Hick
:48:

It might not be safe to post pics elsewhere online, but it is safe here. Like 4u said, please post pics here. Most of us will not go offsite to look at pics.

I prefer fimming over topping.

Latest posts

Back