Losing Another Friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

This is Cassie. She has had diabetes for the last 3-1/2 years requiring twice daily shots, a regimented diet, and regular exercise to stay alive. She is totally blind now and has been going downhill for the last several weeks. It is always a hard decision, but her quality of life is gone and it is unfair of me to keep her going. She will cross the Rainbow Bridge at 3:30 this afternoon. She will be buried in a beautiful place under a huge pine tree next to Harry. She has had a life fraught with injury and illness. But she was always a brave and stoic little girl. She is 12. I will miss her dearly.

kitchen 012-1.jpg

I'm so so sorry. :(

Hang in there, lady. ***hug***. :cry:

So sorry to hear this THG. Corgies are cool little dogs that nature shorted in the leg department. She looks to be a good friend, and I'm sure she appreciates your care and concern for her.

Giving you a virtual warm held hug right now THG... never good things, these... :(

RIP

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like she had a happy life with you and in turn made your life happier.

Here's to Cassie and moreover here's to THG for being an awesome caretaker/person.

Much love, Goddess.

Yes, everything everyone else has said. What a lucky dog to have you for her caretaker and friend. I am so sorry you have to go thru this. BIg huge hugs. Much love THG!

very sorry! responsible owners such as yourself, think of the animal and put their own feelings aside.

Very sad to hear of yur loss Mamme but fur what its worth and ifin I may say to comfort; yur connection with Cassie will go on many years after she leaves yur side because yes she has left yur side only to reside in the most gloryous place "yur heart" and there she will continue to live and love yu until it is time to take yur rightfull place by her side again. Once gain sorry for the loss but glad fur yur gain bigger warmer heart.

BWD

Sorry THG. My Son is having problems with his Little Doggy. Can I ask you a question? What were some of the signs of Diabetes?

Sorry to hear ...my thaughts and prayers are with you

:heart:

Thank you all. She has been a real buddy for a long time. And true to spirit--she did not go down without a little fight. Keith (my vet) said he was hoping he didn't have to muzzle her. But I was a little glad that even at the end she had some of the feistyness that was Cassie.

Weedhopper, this is what happened with Cassie--She got very thristy and was drinking a lot of water. She was also urinating more frequently--I thought it was just because she was drinking more water. Then she quit eating. With this came listlessness. Our vet is only here 2 days a week and she almost didn't pull out of it before I got her in, found out what was wrong with her, and started insulin. I took her in for a couple of sub-cutaneous feedings at the vet after she was started on insulin because she still wasn't eating and remained listless. It took several days before she was out of the woods. Taking care of a dog with diabetes is a job. They need twice daily shots at the same time every day, regular exercise and she was on special food. I hope that your son's dog does not have diabetes, but if he suspects, the sooner it is diagnosed and treatment started, the better.

Thanks THG. No my Sons Dog has a Virus. Its my Dog Im concerned about. Drinks alot of water,,but he eats just fine and has no trouble running around or being active.

Latest posts

Back