Love and the White Widow, Ice, and Purple we got in Toronto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMCORP said:
We have a very small growing space ("Homebox XS") and have yet to find a way to grow plants short enough so that they can reach their full harvest age without burning.

Just take a small clone from a flowering plant. You want a stalk with just a few leaves and a newly forming bud on top. Most of the time you see these on the bottom of reasonably developed plants. If you can get it to root, it'll generally stay short and lollypop up for you. I've done it with one of my Ice plants before; so I know it works. The final bud was about nine inches long and mucho FAT! Some indicas will also do this if you put them on 12/12 from seed. Don't expect to do this very successfully with a sativa. It'll stay shorter, but it's not the same. They tend to develop side branches and not "lollypop" as well.

Really great info! I always love hearing, "I did it, it works!!!" :joint4:
We tend to root clones in our kitchen cabinet under fluorescents (they'd shrivel and die under our HPS without roots), and once they are rooted, we put them under the more intense HPS and let them veg for a few weeks---i always thought it would stress them too much to change the light intensity and the light-period at the same time, but, trusting your advice, i'm going to try going straight to 12/12 as soon as they root next time!!!

We Decriminalized Medical Marijuana In Michigan Last Night!!!!!!!!!
I'm So Happy I Could Burst!!!! What Next???

Picture 1: I toke, and i vote!
Picture 2 & 3: Anything (beyond the basics) you could suggest for the spotty chlorosis and leaf curl? Not occurring on all plants, only where photographed.
Others: our healthy-looking crystally buds today!!!

PB041186.JPG

PB051187.JPG

PB051188.JPG

PB051189.JPG

PB051192.JPG

PB051193.JPG

PB051194.JPG

PB051195.JPG

PB051197.JPG

PB051200.JPG

Looking good mang. Is that yellowing just on one plant? Looks like it might be nute burn. ;)

Thanks TBG! I wasn't sure if it was just "aging" (the clones had been around the block before flowering). It's on two of the plants, and the curling is on one.

I'll flush and see what happens!

It's on the crispy side of flexible.... :joint4: i mean, it bends without crunching/crumbling but it feels crispier than green leaves on the plant next to it....

Yup might be a little burn. Like ya said give her a flush and see what happens. ;) Looks like your not that far off from harvest and i bet your counting the days like we all do. :hubba: :p

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Yup might be a little burn. Like ya said give her a flush and see what happens. ;) Looks like your not that far off from harvest and i bet your counting the days like we all do. :hubba: :p

:watchplant: :giggle: :bong: :yay: it's true, it's true!

Thanks TBG!!! It's hard to just read about these things in a book, and not know any other growers in the area who can diagnose and help out some newlyweds who have only been growing for a year! What i mean is, I really appreciate the input!

Hello GMC.:) . how's life treating you two? awesome looking plants you got there. nice , and crystally.
did you get other beans while you were honey-mooning? myself , i would have had beans coming out of every nook , and cranny.:hubba: .
we rocked the mj vote. it was the highest % passed here , than any other state. 63%.:D . since my Dr. is all anti-pot , i'm 'shopping' for one that will
write me a mj referral. should'nt be to hard , since i've got hep c , and have had four back surgeries. will be making some calls tomorrow.
just started six ultimate indicas , and four more wh. widows a few days ago. thier coming along nicely.
your grow is phenominal as usual. keep it GREEN. (oh. and , great smoke report also mr. GMC.:D )...bb...

Thanks Banjo! I'm still so excited about the vote!!! Let me know what you find out! I mean, from my understanding, it's going to be a while until Dr's are actually "recommending" it, and the whole "system" is in place and whatnot. I'd heard 10 days, but the old man heard 120...

I just have migraines and asthma, but mommy's got a lotta troubles ("severe chronic pain" as the proposal reads) and i'm hoping to be a caregiver for her!

GMCORP said:
We Decriminalized Medical Marijuana In Michigan Last Night!!!!!!!!!
I'm So Happy I Could Burst!!!! What Next???

Really? is that one of Obama's things?

Your plants are looking gooooooooood :D

Thorn said:
Really? is that one of Obama's things?

Your plants are looking gooooooooood :D

Thanks girl! And no, it's a states-rights things, not federal yet. Maybe Obama will make change in that direction though, who knows?

cool, what are his views on mj? do you know? last night i was in a lot of pain and discomfort with period pains and 15 mins after a Lowryder Mint spliff it all went away! If this isn't a good thing then I don't know what is. Its about time the world woke up to MJ and its medical and social uses :D

He will definitely listen to the people, i truly believe that. But there are so many laws in place that i don't see federal action being taken anytime soon, and, like i said, it's still a "State's Rights" issue, so individual states can decide. He used to toke though, that's for sure!!! Obama once said, "Of course i inhaled, isn't that the point?" hahah. I use it for cramps too. When i tell doctors that, they tell me to go on birth control to relieve cramping and i tell them that is the same as suggesting castration and i refuse!!!

Ahh good to hear he's toked! Yea i'm the same, I don't feel right in taking birth control. I'm irregular and get bad cramps and back pain too and thought about going on the pill but it doesn't feel right to control a natural process. And pain killers most of the time don't work. MJ really is good for cramps tho! It was the first medical use i found for MJ when I was 16 and first started toking it :)

Thorn said:
Yea i'm the same, I don't feel right in taking birth control.

:headbang2:I totally agree! I feel the birth control "movement" is a way for men to control women's bodies with man-made hormones, and that it effectively sterilizes/brainwashes an entire generation of women who buy into that unnecessary hormone treatment!!! Every doctor i have ever seen has pressured me to get on it and implies that i am stupid when i refuse!!! Now i'm actually on pre-natal vitamins (even though i'm not pregnant/trying), because i went to see a nurse-midwife instead of an OB/GYN (i thought she would be more understanding:doh:) and she told me that i was being "irresponsible" and she gave me a choice :argue:"either go on the pill, or start taking the vitamins because you're going to get pregnant!" :rant::**:

god those doctors you been talking to are a waste of space by the sounds of it! I feel the same way about menopause - HRT is a medication for a natural life change for women that does NOT need medicating. Women and girls are being told and taught the wrongs things today unfortunately. I am very towards holistic and natural medicine and believe that 'drugs' should be used to help us through difficult times not to prevent them happening. Glad I found someone thats on the same level as me tho about birth control pills. i'm 23, had about 7 sexual partners, never been on birth control pills and never gotten pregnant. To be honest I'd rather use condoms anyway even if I was on the pill. Prob too much info for ya but hey nothing phases me lol

I don't believe in TMI! :joint4: Also, i just looked at your LST grow---really well documented and gave me some ideas...even though it was a male!!!

Latest posts

Back