Love and the White Widow, Ice, and Purple we got in Toronto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe yea thanks I loved that plant and it was such a great bush by the time it sexed! I'm doing the same thing now but with 2 plants :)

Ok, i started the recommended flush yesterday:watchplant:
here are some pictures from this morning!! I stuck my hand in there in a couple of them to give everyone an idea of size....

PB071186.JPG

PB071187.JPG

PB071188.JPG

PB071189.JPG

PB071195.JPG

PB071197.JPG

PB071199.JPG

thanks for the photo update, they are looking FAB!!! :) So hairy!! :D

Yesterday, we made the trek up to the "big city" to visit our favorite indoor gardening center (and the headshop down the street;) ) We picked up some stellar supplies for starting our next harvest---

*Black Gold Seedling Mix [haven't tried it yet but have heard good things!]
*Perlite (to mix in for extra aeration/moisture-holding)
*some more Happy Frog (love it!)
*Vita Grow Anti Wilt (for the next time we take clones) [haven't tried it yet]
*Great White Premium Mycorrhizae Beneficial Bacteria & Trichoderma [very strongly recommended by dude at grow shop, so I figured a few extra Mycorrhizae couldn't hurt!]

I'm trying to get the last of our purple seeds to FINALLY pop by putting them in wet paper towel in a ziploc on top of my "Time Capsule" (it's a part of my computer that is large and flat and waaaaarm!) I WANT TO GROW PURPLES!!! It's a new method, and we'll see if it works this time! I also have a bag set up the same way with two white widows, and one with two ice. We're going to plant them in Black Gold as soon as the tap roots *pop* and put them in our seedling/clone cupboard under a dome and fluorescents. Hopefully, we'll see them pop this week and can get our next grow started, and i'll start a new journal! They'll be just old enough to move into our Homebox after this harvest is complete if it all works out.

Soooo, here's some more pics of our crystally White Widow and Ice ladies! I can't wait to watch them finish over the next few weeks! :hubba: :D :shocked: :watchplant: :bong: :headbang2: :ccc: :yay: :bongin:

PB091189.JPG

PB091190.JPG

PB091196.JPG

PB091197.JPG

PB091200.JPG

PB091201.JPG

PB091202.JPG

PB091204.JPG

PB091207.JPG

PB091212.JPG

PB091216.JPG

PB091192.JPG

rock on! hah....which one(s) are the ICE? They look sexy by the way

hi GMC. very nice grow.:) . have you smoked ww before? if not, your in for a very nice buzz. i'd say its in my top 3 favorites. i would take a few tokes , and zone out in the recliner staring at the tv , never actually watching , or seeing the program. can you say Baked? oh, and you better bake some brownies, or other goodies before hand, or you'll be still reading the directions 3 hours later.:D .
i use Pro-Mix soil, with Mycorise in it. it is a sea based compost with a bio stimulant. pretty descent soil. Menards sells it. it's the best i can find around here w/o going up to GR. PM me, and let me know where i can get the Happy Frog. my local hydro shop don't carry any soil.
i heard just today med mj goes into effect Dec. 4th. , then the health ctr. has 120 days' to ink the guidelines. :) ...bb...

banjobuzz said:
have you smoked ww before? if not, your in for a very nice buzz.

I can't wait to try WW at full-blast! We had to harvest at 6 weeks last time (we had hermaphrodite problems, burn from the buds growing too closely to the lights, and plant-falling-over problems), and it still knocked us out!

Anyhow, because they got some nute burn on the leaves right now (and i don't want it getting to the bud) I flushed them and I'm just feeding them water and molasses for the last two to three weeks. There's plenty of nutes in the soil to keep them going, and I'm hoping we see huge swelling and growth over the next little bit here.....

soooooo excited!!! :giggle::watchplant::bong::farm::yay:

does that ICE have a magnesium deficiency? Picture 7 seems to have the leaves curling up a lot...I have associated that with a Mg deficiency and correct it with epsom salt.

I got some info on it:

Magnesium (Mg)
Magnesium is a component of the chlorophyll molecule and serves as a cofactor in most enzymes.

Magnesium (Mg) deficiency:
Magnesium deficiency will exhibit a yellowing (which may turn brown) and interveinal chlorosis beginning in the older leaves. The older leaves will be the first to develop interveinal chlorosis. Starting at leaf margin or tip and progressing inward between the veins. Notice how the veins remain somewhat green though as can be seen in figure 15.
Notice how in figure 16 and 17 the leaves curl upwards like they're praying? They're praying for Mg! The tips may also twist.
This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.
If the starting water is above 200 ppm, that is pretty hard water, that will lock out mg with all of the calcium in the water. Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.
Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

I just copied and pasted this info...I know it says check pictures 15,16,17 and I did not include them but I might attempt to include them if you want...

I don't know how well this is needed that far into flowering but I'm just trying to help

Thanks Weezy!!! I think it's not worth it this far into flowering, because i'm just flushing everything out anyways, but i appreciate the info!!! Good to keep in mind for next time ;-) :joint4:

Hey no problem...I just wish I caught it when you asked about it on 11/05. I was just looking at the most recent pics and realized the leaf curl. Epson Salt is cheap by the way. I get mine at Wal*Mart even though I disapprove of the store and their "ways".

Well, i'm reading Jorge's Bible, and it says "Use Epsom salts designed specifically for plants rather than the supermarket type"

also, "minor deficiencies escalate and cause a diminished harvest as the flowering progresses" and i don't think i'm seeing a "diminished harvest" :hubba:

And, according to Jorge, the signs show up much earlier in the plant's life.

What i know about leaf curl, is that it's the plant's way of conserving water---curl the outer margins in towards the center where the big veins are so that all the water can go where it is most needed. I think, at this point, it's just from the plants being so close to the light (even though there's a fan, it still gets pretty hot up there!)

always some bugs to work out, but i think we're doing all right, and i appreciate the thought!

Yeah I would go with Jorge over my opinion anyday. I do agree that it is too late into flower to correct it but I was just adding information for your future grows as you seem to have a couple of these grows under your belt and do not seem to be stopping soon. Yeah I was wondering if heat had anything to do with it as well. Have fun picking those. I cannot wait til I can start to pop my ICE seeds.

MyMy MY I could smell the fresh bud when I seen those Pix.. Looks Good.!!
Mine are just getting a small smell but still Young..

Hey there girls and boys,
I tried to get close-ups on the trichomes by taking a picture through my hand-held scope---you can :rolleyes: "kinda" see the trichomes and the clear/cloudiness, a little, right? :p

I took lots of close-ups on those trichomes/crystals today. Just gorgeous. We marked our calendar to harvest NEXT saturday (8 more days!!!) when we'll both have lots of time, and the ladies will be at 8 weeks and 1 day.

:giggle: I literally cannot contain my excitement! :watchplant: :yay: :tokie:

PB131186.JPG

PB131187.JPG

PB141193.JPG

PB141201.JPG

PB141206.JPG

PB141207.JPG

PB141209.JPG

PB141211.JPG

PB141215.JPG

PB141217.JPG

PB141218.JPG