Love of grow, or love of dank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Grandfather grew large vegetable gardens and every summer I would spend a few weeks with my Grandparents. My Grandfather put me to work gardening and canning. I LOVED IT! I have been gardening since I can remember. I planted vegetable gardens at home as a kid and even grafted our peach tree with nectarine branches, and our nectarine with peach branches. It only seemed natural to me to want to grow cannabis. I am 59 years old and I still garden, just not as much as I used to. ha ha
Gardening was in my blood long before THC was. :)
I spent every summer at my Grand Parents and thats where i learned to garden. I also am 59ys old and i loves my Garden. I use 4x10 raised boxes. Those boxes are the only reason my Veggies and Fruit havent drowned from all the flooding in Dallas. I grew some Pinapple Express in between my Tomatoes couple yrs ago. Awesome smoke.
Keep up the Green Mojo Gardners.

I had two raised bed boxes like that at my old house. I moved about a year and a half ago into the country. I now only have one raised bed garden. As I get older I continue to downsize. :p

If I remembered half of what my grandfather taught me about gardening I would be a master gardener! LOL

I remember he would grow dill, spearmint and marigolds around the garden. He used the dill to can pickles and as a beneficial plant for the gardens. In the 60s as a kid I thought this was kinda weird. I thought then, why not just use pesticides. ha ha

i was lucky enough to have known my great grand parents, he farmed and she flower gardened. i started planting weed when i was 14 (40 years ago) and smoked everything till i met a older man in the hood. now i say hood but i lived in the country. he showed me the difference between male and female and when to crop the plants. i have grown gorilla off and on over the years, but have moved to indoor and tending the plants in just the last 3 to 4 years. i grow because i love to grow and feel lost without one as well as i love to smoke what i grow. so the answer is both.

My mom was always a gardener, as was both of my grandma's. When I was about 12 years old I stumbled into my grandpa's room full of plants, then when I turned 14 my uncle gave me my first clones. Regretfully I am no longer in touch with my uncle, but I thank him for getting me started. The internet mentored me, and my uncle provided the plants, and my mother allowed me to grow in my room. She even ended up harvesting a batch for me because I was away working.

I grow because I love to grow, nothing makes me feel the way growing does. I enjoy waking up every day to my plants, and I find the smoke so much better when you have to work for it. It will be hard going back to buying weed, if and when the time comes.

To see new life spring up from a seed you have planted. To nurture that plant to maturity and to reap the harvest... nothing like it.

Whether its bud or tomatoes there is no better way for me to de-stress like gardening.

The day we moved my mom off the farm, you would find me gathering manure from dad's cows. I used the last bag 3 years ago.. and it has nurtured a lot of plants around my yard. I like to think it is still here in microbes, gosh i am a dork. I need a miniature Holstein in my yard.

I agree with all of the posts above..

Rose i think i told you once i started as a business back in 1984 (Freshman year of HS) , My Uncle taught me OD guerrilla grows, it was better than far off brick weed, then came the Marines and then the wars.....I tried OD a few years after i got back but never seemed to get the results i had gotten before....think i had better genetics back then anyway, found out that some MMJ is good for my small bowel disease, decided to come indoors ...wow close to 15 years ago, (2003) Gosh i was so ghetto back then, when i didn't have a clue what i was doing....anyway got better, got world class genetics and here i am today, my Dank is pretty decent.

You are a natural farmer Kraven. I am so glad it helps you with everything you have to deal with. Isn't that great. Aren't we so better of using pot than pharma?

Gorilla grows... I read about um.. can't even imagine doing that.... brave folks.

I attempted some Guerilla grows in my early 20s.
My biggest threat was not the cops. It was the deer!
They would tear down the chicken wire to get to the weed.
Most of the time just about all of the plants that survived were male. ha ha

I was not satisfied at all with the grows, but is sure was fun doing them!

I look back now on all the crummy grows that I did back then and just laugh at my inexperience and exuberance.

It was the 70s and an ounce of local ragweed would run 10 dollars and an ounce of seedless would cost 15 dollars. We didn't have any brick weed available but we could buy Columbian gold and Thai sticks.

I didn't really need to grow but I could not resist trying! lol

At first it was the dank then a few years later it was both and has been ever since , Mabey even leaning toward the grow at this stage

Hi Rose, you said you wanted to here from everyone so here's my story a little late.
Always had a garden, came from my dad and grandad, all city farmers, small plots with lots of great things.
I started growing pot about 3yrs ago just for the fun of it and it has taken hold of me big time. Still a novice but getting better with every grow. Taking a few months off and just tripping along with good old MP and whatever i have to smoke.
Just wanted to also say thank you for checking out my Blue Dream bud pic, I cut it right after you said it looked ready and boy I am I a happy camper. Got most of it stashed away but took a nice amount south to keep me happy Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Latest posts

Back