Low potency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holdmyown

Where the bud at?
Reaction score
Hey everyone..Ive been lurking around this forum for a while, havent posted much, but I did finish my first grow and have a question.

I ordered seeds from nirvana (growth solutions never came, nor did an explanation) white widow and northen lights. Planted 4 seeds two and two, strangely one of each came out female.
So I went thru the process with the two female plants..soil was homemade..worm castings, perlite, sand, soil..250watt MH for veg, 250watt hps for flowering..vegged for a month, flowered for two..never did I encounter any problems, no sickness no bugs..nute wise I cant get any of the name brand stuff you guys use, but I did follow the guide lines..high N during veg, 5-10-5 while flowering(thats the strongest one they had)....everything was fine and dandy, looks, smell, trichs...when I finally harvested dried and cured, the potency was so low, that the time invested did not seen worth it..any and all advice would be appreciated

I'm surprised your seeds from nirvana weren't that potent, I usually hear good things about them. When you harvested at 8 weeks did you check the trichs with a microscope? perhaps you harvested too early or they slipped you a sativa.

Whats up mang. We have grown Nirvana's White Widow with great results. Sounds like you harvested her a bit early. We usually let her go for about 10 weeks. ;)

yeah, I doubt its the seeds fault...I know I made a mistake sumwhere, now that you tell me 10 weeks, its def. my fault ㅜㅜ what a waste...trial and error I guess

Whenever you purchase seeds from a site they usually have the description of what your buying. You know telling ya flowering time, Indoor/Outdoor, stuff like that. Anyway better luck to ya next time around mang. ;)
holdmyown said:
yeah, I doubt its the seeds fault...I know I made a mistake sumwhere, now that you tell me 10 weeks, its def. my fault ㅜㅜ what a waste...trial and error I guess

if your after somethin with a shorter flowering time
you could consider white satin - mandala seeds
i flowered for 9 weeks under cfl's and it was pretty potent
and a really nice flavour/smell
from what ive read you would get much better results than i did
as ur using hps

will def. take that into consideration...thx for the advice

I am growing Snow White from Nirvana, now in 4th re-generation...Potency is fine, I have a very sativa-like pheno, she takes 10-11 weeks to finish, grow real tall if not lst'd...

the first one is the WW, second pic NL

sauce_070_0(5098).jpg

sauce_071_0(4521).jpg

holdmyown said:
the first one is the WW, second pic NL

Hard to see but looks inmature, did you check the trich's with a microscope like Blunted asked?

Those appear to have plenty of growing left to do. Live and Learn.

Latest posts

Back