Low RH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
The humidity out here on the old boat is real low, and I was wondering what problems it could cause. I know that High humidity can promote the growth of mold and rot and such, but what will low humidity do to my garden? The RH in my tent is around 25 to 30 percent -- is that going to be a problem? Should I buy a humidifier? It was the same last year, and I produced some pretty nice buds, but I'm trying to get things dialed in for the best harvest I can get -- and I was just wondering....

Peace

I don't add humidity. Mine is always in the winter under 30, sometimes under 20. It hasn't slowed me down any. I try and spritz my veg w. water but that just makes dark marks on the plants where the light caught the water marks.

I believe ya hemper, but your sitting on water, it amazes me the humidity isn't higher.
Good luck guy.

ive wondered the same thing the humidity in my grow room stays around 20 to 30% but i havent seen any effect in my plants yet

low humidity will cause problems in your grow room when its paired with high temps. high temps + low humidity will cause your plants to heat stress more easily. when the temp of the room is above normal the plant attempts to draw additional moisture from anywhere it can get it, including the air in order to cool itself off & prevent cell damage from a lack of water.

side note: that doesn't mean that if you have higher then normal temps you can substitute proper air exchange/temp control with high humidity. if the plant spends all of its time pulling moisture out of the air instead of from the medium. it can potentially cause other problems within the plant. pulling less water from the medium means less nutrient uptake as well.

Yeah I don't worry about low RH...mine is always below 20-25 in the winter...just keep temps in check and you should have no problems. Jmo

thats's odd, I've increased my on temps to 80 F and seen an increase in resin production but no bud development retardation. (no before after pics, just a matter of my own studies and purely rhetorical so take it for what it is) MY rh must be super low because I have to water everyday in bloom....way increased transpiration rates and whatnot....

and yeah, that is way weird that you're on the water and its that low...lol...if it aint broke don't fix it hemper

Thanks a bunch my people. My temps are in the 70's, and get no higher than 80/81 -- 75 at the moment :) -- I guess I won't be concerned. I know Rosy, you'd think out here on the water the problem would be too high RH. It's sitting at 35 as I write this, and the plants are looking stellar. Anyway, the concern of plugging in one more thing back there seems to out-weigh any low RH. I'll just try to stop worrying about things, lol. It's going to be 80 degrees at the lake today, and it is absolutely beautiful outside. Think I'll get a cup of coffee, get stoned and go sit out on the deck -- you folks have a great day...

Peace

My humidity is always low. I don't really worry unless it gets really really low like it did this summer--10% or so many days. I did get a humidifier that I found at a thrift store that helped.

Latest posts

Back