Lower 1/3 of my mothers are die'n!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trouble9039

Volcano user
Reaction score
How is everyone doing? I am having A small problem with the lower 1/3 of my mothers dieing off! Ok may not die'n totally but no folliage is growing! I am running 5 DWC mothers and using IONIC nut's. They are in 5 gal buckets and are about 2-3' tall. My lighting is A 400w 65k MH....

Should I be running some under lighting on them? If so what kind of lighting? I have added A pic so everyone can see what I am talking about!

It might be the lights penetration, How far is your light away from your plants? I no when I put my Moms under Floro's that happens!

Phatpharmer

Is it just me? I don't see the pic...

No, they do not need underlight--the undersides of the leaves are not able to utilize light. A 400MH should be able to supply sufficient light for 5 mothers.

How old are your plants? What are your temps? PPMs? pH?

Sorry about that!

IMG_0381.JPG

Hello trouble, that's happening to a couple of my mom's now. I suspect fungus due to low light at base of plants. I will be anxiously awaiting further advise from the crew here.

I have been told to use some CFL's and light just above the bucket's! I was thinking on busting out A 600w!

IMO bigger is always better when it comes to lighting, especially if the ventilation is good!

Phatpharmer

my lil bonzai mommas are doin the same exact thin at the base of a couple branches o each as welll. but the rest of them seems to be doin fine.
at first i thought it was nute burn so i gave just plain water and tehy started to show lack of N(yellowing elsewhere so i fed at 1/4 strength and got a lil tip burn form that so im at a loss for wat it is really other than maybe
all my ph levels are ok too. soil is 6.7-6.8 exactly every time i check so far. water goin in is 6.5 as well. also i keep my tester calibrated every time i use it just to be safe.
but im sure the nugs down below arent gonna be that good anyways so i aintworried unless it spreads. which it hasnt in the last 2 weeks when i first noticed this.

trouble9039 said:
My lighting is A 400w 65k MH....

What is a 65k MH? sounds like the CFL lights stealth hydro sells.

6500k just the kalvin rating of the bulb for the veg cycle! I am lost at this whole thing, I am thinking about going to A 600 HPS that I have lay'n around but I just dont want to up the bill to much!

Does it start as a rusty-ish splotch on various parts of the leaves (center/edge/tip/base) with no real pattern to it, then take over the rest of the leaf til it's crispy?

Any chance of a pic of the whole plant?
Its just now i seen the closer pic it would give a better idea of the scale of the problem.

I've seen the inner and lower "scrub" as i call it on my own moma when she used to be bigger and the big two year old moma she came off and plenty pics on net.
I'm no expert so couldn't tell ya the reason, personally i've always put it down to lack of light and its never once been a problem.

Although having said that it doesn't cover much of the plant hence why i ask for a pic of the whole plant :)

Now i keep her much smaller so all this lower stuff gets light and it all looks a lot healthier :) :evil:

Newbud said:
Any chance of a pic of the whole plant?
Its just now i seen the closer pic it would give a better idea of the scale of the problem.

I've seen the inner and lower "scrub" as i call it on my own moma when she used to be bigger and the big two year old moma she came off and plenty pics on net.
I'm no expert so couldn't tell ya the reason, personally i've always put it down to lack of light and its never once been a problem.

Although having said that it doesn't cover much of the plant hence why i ask for a pic of the whole plant :)

Now i keep her much smaller so all this lower stuff gets light and it all looks a lot healthier :) :evil:
You have described my situation exactly! It hasn't been a problem, just ugly.

No spot's other than when the little bastards came and stayed for A short time! I just think it is low light levels reaching the lower branch's!

I will get some pics posted soon.

Nice man.

Yeah i'm thinking its lack of light cos they look fine.

Thanks NEWBUD! I am gonna hack them up next weekend for clonning and see if I can't open the canopy up A bit.

Latest posts

Back