lowryder # 2 grow/pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picasso

Reaction score
Hello everyone. had a problem with camera so cant upload my first pics, software problem.
anyway, these are my first borns....i must be green fingered...im really pleased with them....they smell so nice!:heart:
4 weeks old and out of 10 magic beans...8 germinated.....and so far i have 5 definate girls and one definate devil boy!! 2 are undecided but if male i think i would be able to tell by now. all seems to be o.k.at the moment.....
which is all down to this site really. i followed a few grows for about three months, and absorbed all the vast knowledge.....well not all of it ...yet!!!! but im very happy.....any opinions and or criticsm is more than welcome....im learning and we all started where i am!;)
p.s. my cupboard is odd shaped...sort of triangular, the parabolic reflector squashes in almost perfectly.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

Pablo...nice looking plants! I would just love to do some lowryder...one of these days...I can dream....

Good luck, and you should know I'll call these an "Emerson"...

What's an Emerson, you say??

Simply, Emerson Nice-uns!...

Nelson

Hey wuz up Picasso. Good looking plants you got there pal.:aok:

nice man keep it up

Yoo T we got another thread to visit now :)

Hey thanx you two...it was mostly your grows and advice i followed.....you are my mentors!!!!
hope to keep you amused with my pics, and hopefully with what iv'e learned i wont have too many questions. heres a few more pics.:)

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0009.jpg

Hey picasso whats up mang. ;) The little ones are coming right along and looking great. :aok: What are you using for soil?

dont worry about question they are key to knowledge :)
everything lookin nice but like TBG ask give us more info like watering ,soil , nuts, light, (and i know you got some of that on the begining just make like table of info something like that

will be helpfull for everubody

o.k. this is my set up. first of all i planted all the beans straight into common or garden 'ie' b&q,/ wallmart seedling compost. i dont think it makes a lot of difference to be honest. they all sprouted/germinated withion 36 hrs.
had them inn a heated propagator.
still waiting for a mate to retrieve the pics from his p.c. then i can show the early stages.
they got a bit 'leggy at first as i didnt have a light!! only for 3 days then i got a 14 watt grolux from my pet/ fish supplier.....i keep marine fish.
i left them in peat grow pots in the propagator till about three weeks then transferred to exiisting pots.
as i said, i was studying grow rooms for about 3 months mainly on this site b4 i started.Was gonna go hydro as logically it seems superior........stands to reason really. ....is it easier for TINY little roots to push thru soil or water?
but i got the beans and didn't have time to set up hydro....next one!!!!
at the moment i have the girls on a 16 on 8 off light regime..with a 200watt enviro....usual excuse lack of room/ventilation etc
i made up a gallon of water with half the recommended dose of 'miracle grow soluble' which is 15-30-15....ie 1-2-1 with half a capfull of seaweed fertiliser
i feed/water this mix every other day, about 150 or 200 ml per plant.
had to move the light up every day for last 3 days, going mad now!!!
got six in a 50-50 mix of perlite and vermiculite(cos i was gonna go hydro) and 2 in a mix of housplant compost & perlite....5 parts compost...1 part perlite. as you can see....they prefer the perlite/vermiculite mix.
is it worth me trying to collect pollen of the boy & sacrifycing a nice female to get more seeds?
worried about puttng pollinated female back into room with other girls....in case of loose pollen? will it not 'fertilise other plants with fan blowing?.
would have been happy to get 3 girls as they seem to be doin so well...dont wanna starve my little grow cupboard!! ha ha.
jeez.... the smell is driving me nuts!!!

scan0016.jpg

scan0018.jpg

scan0017.jpg

hey picasso where did u get the lowryder seeds from ?

i got the seeds from the joint doctor, 2 of them were almost white and didnt take.
is it normal for these places to chuck a couple of duff seeds in every order or was i just unlucky?
will take some more pics later today, lookin good still.
later people.

been busy for a few days............here's some more pics at 5 weeks 1 day.

tmpphpBFZJjE.jpg

tmpphpj8Tkxa.jpg

tmpphpDrkhcv.jpg

tmpphpHQJbO2.jpg

tmpphpJ37AlF.jpg

had another male rear its ugly head!!!
so out of ten planted....8 germinated.... and 6 were female,
75% success so far then.
im more than happy as my cupboard is very small!!!
still on 18/6 with enviro 200 red, gonna stick to that i think.
still using miracle grow soluble but full strength now...still with a capfull of seaweed extract per gallon.
maybe they would be a bit better if i could get access to better nutes?
dont get me wrong, i think they look great......just striving for perfection!!!
the smell is VERY strong, had to buy an air purifier which helps a lot.

Lowrider seeds are (relatively) expensive, and they can't be cloned. I think it's definitely worth your time to keep a male, and pollinate your best lady.

Keep on growing :)

edit: I'd stick with the nutes, until next grow. Maybe try some superthrive?

have seperated the male and will try and get the magic dust!!
i think its worth sacrificing a female for:)

plants are really taking off now...lowryder? two of them are now 22 inches!!! the other 4 are 13 inches.
flowers/buds are forming nicely now, they each have about ten bud sites!!! some of them are small.....but look like they have potential.
the smell is very strong and odour control is my prime concern!
am watering as and when i feel they need it by weight, and putting a little solution in the trays they sit in, so they can help themselves!!
they seem happy, the only thing i would have done different so far is to have kept them under the 200 watt blue enviro for more than the week or so that i did., before changing it to the 200 watt red enviro.
the reason i say this is because i feel they are a bit 'leggy', ie: long spaces between internodes...as much as 6 inches on one plant.
this leads me to believe they were stretching for the light, and although they are autoflowering i dont think the red light was strong enough in the early stages.
but anyway......they love the red light now.....28g per plant???????
and the rest!!!! WATCH THIS SPACE:)

Nice dude... yea man whats up with F'n Lowryder stretching.

I used same technique I used with my FOUR BABIES grow... and those plants came out nice and compact... but the lowryders freaking look like some stretch armstrong plants. Either way I end up burying the stem as my plant grows.

I planted all 10 of my seeds 8 survived. 1 didn't germ and 1 grew and died immediately.

Well good luck man! I heard if you give the roots tons of space you could amp up the harvest by like another 15 grams...

Latest posts

Back