Lowryder Mint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look really good! 7 weeks behind you girl. So excited cause they just started blowing up! Any profound minty smell coming off like they say? How big a yield average per plant do you expect?

Thorn said:
Hey all sorry for the delay, been really busy recently and just not come on here at all - knew if i did i'd be on here all day and not get anything done. EVER. hehe

So hope everyone is doing ok. The plants are alright, never as big as i'd want but what can you do. They been nicknamed Frosty and Fatty now, for obvious reasons lol. At 9 weeks now. Frosty had quite a lot of amber trichs now, Fatty is clear and cloudy. Taken a few samples and its no where near as strong as i'd have liked...yet. So they are still growing.

These 10 pics were taken on 14th october - the last pics before any buds were taken off them. You can see in the last 2 pics that they are still growing here.

:ciao: ..Thorn...those look really good.:clap: .pics taken 10/14 how are they now?..those trichs turn aber at all yet?..Those are going to be some great meds my friend.:dancing: .you asked what can you do about bigger budds...well tell Boyfriend to marry your butt and buy a house ...with a shed.:rofl: ..but untill then keep doing what your doing ...its working..:banana: .allmost time..huh?.:lama: .looking forward to some harvest pics..thanks thorn..take care and be safe..:bolt: :bong:

Disco94, i'm not too sure on yeild. overall i'd say maximum 8 grams off each plant, but don't take that as what these plants are capable of becuase i know they would be capable of a LOT more! I won't be doing a total yeild now though as we've snipped off most of the lower buds :p:hubba:

hey 4u, thanks for the great comments, they doing about the same really but with more orange hairs. Frosty has loads of amber but Fatty doesn't have any. Yea i'm hoping to be able to cut these girls down next week but might have to leave fatty longer.

This strain takes feed a LOT better than LR2! These girls lap it up! Gonna be getting my orange candy floss germinating tomorrow, even if i only cut down frosty plant next week, there'll be enough room in there for a couple of orange candy flosses! :D

So these pics were taken on 16th october with flash so you can see some good colour and trichomes :hubba: I will take some more pictures tonight and upload tomorrow (if i remember :eek:).

Enjoy these for now and hopefully up-to-date one soon :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Those Orange Flosses are gonna be awesome I bet! Gonna do a journal?

hi Thorn,

nice to see that your babies are healthy and covered of trichs, they don't look as old as they are... maybe the eco lighting?

well,considering christmas will come soon,i think it's time for you to buy a small tent (80cmx60cmx140cmfor example) and let your talent speaking, you can grow very well with a smartlight 200w if the power bill is an issue for you (what i understand well it's the same for me!!!:confused2:).

maybe it's not my business ( i'm sure...) but i might say(despite i'm not an authority in any domain:eek:) that not everybody understand the plant and have the ability to learn more :rolleyes:, i think you have it and should cultivate it.

hope you'll take these words as a friendly wish.

Cheers.

.WB.

yea man i'll do a journal for the orange :D

whitebox, i'm sure i've said on here before that i do have a 150watt HPS and cannot wait to use use properly but in my current living situation i cannot do anything more than what i have. and i'm ok with that. just bein able to grow 1 or 2 little plants is WAAAAAY better than nothing at all - means i'm learning all along. I kno they don't look as big or full as they should but they look FINE compared to what i've done in this little grow box. i don't pay the bills so won't be getting anything else until I have a place of my own. I don't even know where i'll be next summer, i might be here, i might be (hopefully) travelling round the world.

thanks for stopping by tho, i really do appreciate the following :) I have new pic, but they on the bf's phone so i'll upload them onto the pc this afternoon. have good day all :D

whitebox said:
hi Thorn,

nice to see that your babies are healthy and covered of trichs, they don't look as old as they are... maybe the eco lighting?

well,considering christmas will come soon,i think it's time for you to buy a small tent (80cmx60cmx140cmfor example) and let your talent speaking, you can grow very well with a smartlight 200w if the power bill is an issue for you (what i understand well it's the same for me!!!:confused2:).

maybe it's not my business ( i'm sure...) but i might say(despite i'm not an authority in any domain:eek:) that not everybody understand the plant and have the ability to learn more :rolleyes:, i think you have it and should cultivate it.

hope you'll take these words as a friendly wish.

Cheers.

.WB.

The grams you grow....out weighs the ounces you buy..:)

Thorn you Maximize your plants growth to the best enviorment you have..and am sure the day will come when Thorn can have a 12x12x10 grow area with all the bells and whistles ..and what a great job she is doing in such a small space.i will look into your grow if you dont mind..and it would be easier if it was in your signiture..but ill search..Have a great weekend my friend..Take care and be safe

They finish so fast! I remember hearing you tell me about planning on buying theese. I'm happy you learned of dutchbreed and I'm sure this will knock you out :) lookin GREAT so far!

thanks guys! :D

Well the last few sample I took have been stronger. not knock u on yer butt but nice and subtle great for chilling out with a beer or glass of rose and a good film or to just sit and mong in the garden.

4u, what have i gotta put in my sig? and thanks for the kind words...and yea i can't wait til that day comes - when i can grow what I really want to... :hubba:

It's amazing once their fully dry and you start to smoke them. It goes so fast at first. Then you start to mellow out as it gets more potent during cure. By 3 weeks of cure, you'll be down to some PRIME bud.

hey Thorn...that was intended for whitbox...yours is great Have a great weekend..smoke on

Hey all! DomsChron I don't think I'll get to to that with this harvest, but i know what you mean... my first harvest on easy sativa and afghan was amazing, and the last few buds were sooooo strong after bein in cure for about a month :D

So I finally have some more pics! As you can see where we have been eating away at them :hubba:

Pics!

1) Both from the top
2) Both from the side
3) Frosty
4) Fatty
5) Frosty close-up
6) Fatty close-up
7&8) Close up trich shots :p

Enjoy..

Oh yes as for the mint smell, its not all that strong smelling of mint, just like a hint. But they do smell more that my LR2s did :) I think after a long cure (which I might not be doing) they would smell more minty.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Oh yes I forgot to add, one of my Orange Candy Floss seeds popped open! yay! :D

That's too bad about the minty smell. Thought that would be one of the coolest traits. Menthol bud! They are looking good tho.

Congrats on the Orange Candy baby! Havent been by here for a few weeks, Your Girls look real tastey! Waiting is real hard, I know.
Around the World, that sounds real cool. How is that gonna happen? Just curious. I traveled a bunch when I was younger, just not much out of the US tho. Alaska was as far from California as I got.

cant wait to see some orange pics...:watchplant: ..that Mint is allmost GONE:eek:

Disco94 said:
That's too bad about the minty smell. Thought that would be one of the coolest traits. Menthol bud! They are looking good tho.

Yea I thought they were gonna smell much more minty while growing (for stealth reasons) but you can't really smell the mint or well its not the first thing you think of when you walk into the room, weed is, while its growing. Never mind..

tcbud said:
Congrats on the Orange Candy baby! Havent been by here for a few weeks, Your Girls look real tastey! Waiting is real hard, I know.
Around the World, that sounds real cool. How is that gonna happen? Just curious. I traveled a bunch when I was younger, just not much out of the US tho. Alaska was as far from California as I got.

Thanks hunni! Well to be honest I don't know, its been about a year and a half since me and the fella decided to go travelling. What we really want to do is to get a motorhome, and just up and go, over the channel, work as we go a few months here then there etc and keep going. Its becoming more and more of a dream every day though, sad I know. I just have no idea how to get started. In a bit of a rut right now.

4u2sm0ke said:
cant wait to see some orange pics...:watchplant: ..that Mint is allmost GONE:eek:

lol yea u should see it now! It is now literally JUST the top colas :rolleyes: I know its sad but its utter crap round here for scoring some herb. Its either coated or non existent! But don't worry I told the fella thats it, I want and need to let the last buds finish up properly and dry slowly and have a little cure (at least), otherwise I'll never know (and won't be able to inform u guys) how the finished product smokes ;)

Well the OTHER Orange bean cracked, like hours after the first! Very quick seeds to germinate, none of the fuss that I had with the Mint. They are both in 3" little pots now with the usual mix, although the second one I managed to tip over twice before I watered, so the seed may be really deep now, or not be in there at all :ignore: yes I know i'm a retard! Never mind..

Ok guys I need your help here, they're now at 10 weeks (maybe a few days under). Frosty's trichomes haven't really changed that much, neither has Fatty's! Frosty looks like there are still white pistils unfolding at the very top (see pics). Whereas Fatty's pistils are pretty much ALL brown! Fatty's calyxs are SOOOOO swollen - I hope you can see this in the pics. What do you guys think?

The pics:

1-3 are of Frosty
4-7 are of Fatty
8 - the first orange to come up :hubba:
9 - the family :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I think you Got it going on Girl....and It sounds like you gave a great smoke report on the Mint..go ahead and smoke it up...and Here is some ORANGE MOJO 4U..

Latest posts

Back