Lumatek vs Xtreme Nano

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Sun System Galaxy ballast that I put a 1000 watt MH bulb in and turn it down to 400 watts for the beginning of veg and then the last week of veg I turn it up to 600. I then switch to a 1000 watt HPS bulb for flowering and turn it on 600 watts and run it that way all the way through flowering. My ballast is 400, 600, 1000 and turbo and it says on the box that you can use the a 400 watt bulb on the 400 setting on any bulb that is of a higher wattage.

I wonder if any damage is caused to the bulb by doing that?

Different ballasts' companies calling for different operating procedures, but they are the same type of ballast.:confused2: Wish they would standardize the procedure.

I sent an e-mail off to Lumatec a few months back asking this same question(can I use a 600 watt bulb at the 50% setting without any risk of bulb damage or fire?) They never got back to me:(

I have been doing this for about 2 years now and have had no failures with bulbs. I use Eye Hortilux MH and Eye Hortilux Enhanced Spectrum HPS bulbs. I have been thinking about switching to Digilux after I saw there video, they show there bulb to put off a lot more lumens when using a digital ballast versus the Eye Hortilux bulb.

Latest posts

Back