Magensium again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manels1111

Master Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm on my second grow and have the exact same greening as my last grow and this time I have been feeding more N which I thought might be the problem.

I'm using tap water that is about 250ppm so its hard water which makes me think its locking out magnesium.

What do you guys think?

If I want to go to the store and buy water what should I get and will the full line of fox farm nutes be fine or do I need cal/mag nutrients as well.

sick.JPG

I'm pretty sure its not nute lock. Its the same greening I got last grow. I use a calibrated regularly PH pen. I will double check my soil runoff tomorrow and let you know.

what did you add in your soil? did you mix alot at once?...bb...

Truthfully I know diddly about dirt. Less than diddly really.

Looks like the Mag issues I had earlier. The ph of my water had creeped up over 7.0 and once I dropped it they perked up.

Based on the knowledge I have, I'll just turn this over to the dirt guys.

Good luck

Could very cold water lock out nutes? I mean I fill my bucket from outside the water is pretty dang cold not freezing but probably 45 degrees or so. Can that cause any kind of problems? Thing is though I had the same greening last grow when it was summer so probably not that.

Tentfarmer do you use tap water or? I'm thinking about just switching just not sure what water to use?

I'm tap all the way. I've got a 40 gallon res and no way am I paying a buck a gallon for store bought water. RO systems are cool but wasteful and most nuit systems are designed for hard water.

Cold water on your roots isn't great, but I doubt it would create your current situation.

yes it could be the cold tap. you want your water to be room temp. let it stand at least 24-48 hours, then ph it.

i've corrected this problem with correcting the water temp, ph, and also mixing 1 tsp epsom salt to 1 gallon of water, them folier spray. (don't spray by your light while on).

are your plants sitting on a cold floor also? if so put them on a pallet or something to get them off the cold floor. dont have to be very high. a few inches would do. i had this problem not long ago...bb...

They are on a nice made bench about 2 feet off the ground. Its a basement grow so it never freezes down there but it gets cold. Its suppose to be warming up soon around here. I just started spaying some epsom salt/water mix. I will just do that every day and see how it goes.

let us know how the epsom works for you. i brought a few back that looked the same. those are to nice of indicas to lose. what strain?

you should be fine, as long as it isnt dropping below 55 down there every night. mid 60's preferrably.

dfinately adjust that water. (room temp)...bb...

Im pretty sure your facing magnesium/calcium issues. I just recently bought an RO system and have been giving my babies pure RO with nutes added and am experiencing a very similar lightening of the leaves, my soil ph is 6.8 so it cant be lockout. further reading told me that im supposed to mix my RO with my tap water for a perfect balance or add calcium and magnesium to my resevoir to make up for it, as a matter of fact... i think ill go to the hydro store now and pick some up.

Latest posts

Back