Make yourselves at home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
Many of us always worry about what our neighbors would think if they found out that we were MJ users, and shudder at the thought of what they would think of us if they knew we were growing our own. For me thats a fear somewhat less aggressive now.

We have many homes around us that have gone up for sale/rent in the recent past, including the one right next door. As of the 1st of the month it was occupied by a family who seemed very friendly and open when they moved in, they have kids and such and were asking the normal ??s about the area and other neighbors and such. We were happy to oblige them with our points of view on the neighborhood, family's in it, etc. Then last night while my boys and i were out playing in the yard my new neighbor(well call her Susan) comes up to the fence and starts motioning for my wife to come and talk to her. They talk (i later find out) about how often people around here have big get together and such like that, and tells my wife to pardon her husband if his "little cigars" make a big stink that offends our delicate sensibility's :rofl:. My wife proceeds to tell her that whatever he smokes is fine with us its not going to be a bother, and my wife goes on to tell her about the big B-Day party were throwing in a week for me and that there may be a chance of some odd smelling smoke coming from our area too. By now Ive joined in the talk and Susan looks at me and says you smoke weed, cause (well call him Ron) Ron and i do and we didn't want you guys to think that were just thugs cause we smoke and drink. I had to laugh at it, i told her yeah we smoke occasionally :rolleyes: and drink every so often so have no fear were not here to be Narcs.

Susan then goes over to her place and Ron comes out and has a splif rolled up and asks if i wanted to burn it with him :hubba: sure i say. Then after a few tokes we get to talking about how much it costs and where to get the better stuff and such. I tell him i have grown my own before in the past and with the way people like to short sack and pass off schwag as top shelf i was seriously considering growing my own again. He looks at me and says i think i can trust you so here follow me. We go into his place and here hes a growing too. has a huge cab with a couple 1k watters in there with about 20 clones rooting or just starting to veg back up (never really got to all that) in a bought aero-cloner. I told him it was very impressive and asked things like how much did your lights cost and how much does it cost to run them and all that general stuff that someone would be interested in. I offer to match the spliff we smoked with something that i have and we come back to my place to burn a hoot of Bubbleicious, he compliments my smoke ,and wants to know about using me as a hook-up till he gets back up and running again on his own. i tell him that i very rarely ever get much of any and when i do its from a guy i know who also grows and he has very limited supply and usually just gives me a bag here and there.

So needless to say now all I'm worried about out of them is my out-door plants (which he still never seen) to come up missing and then get the faint Satori smell coming from the neighbors yard one night here in a few months.

Awesome Dubba, have fun with your neighbors. I agree on keeping your grow to yourself, my friends still don't know about mine and never will. How is that bubbalicious treating you? I dont remember seeing a strain report on it.

godspeedsuckah said:
How is that bubbalicious treating you? I dont remember seeing a strain report on it.
Its out there ;) [thread=27861]Heres a link[/thread]

Smells great smokes great only bad thing is i didnt grow enough :D

slowmo77 said:
by him showing you his grow he would have to be stupid to steal your plants now. he would be the first suspect. but he may not be that smart so becareful.

Its not like i can really call up the :cop: and say hey guys someone stole my plants from my back yard i know my neighbor grows pot too and i think he did it you wanna come and bust us both real fast :holysheep: but i do know what your getting to i doubt if he is the brightest bulb in the box but then again neither am i :p but i feel so long as we have a mutual respect for each other and the things that i know were up to we should be getting along famously ;)

Hey Dubbman! What if you neighbor is one of us on MP and has just read about your outdoor plants and how you wouldn't tell him that you grow :D
I think with such a detailed story he'd figure out who you are even if his wife's not named Susan :D

i guess im a redneck because anyone that knows me wouldn't mess with my stuff, out of respect and a little fear. i wouldn't ever call the cops on anyone but i sure would put a boot in their bottom real fast. i know a few guys around here that grow and they know i do, but its a sharing thing, we share what we grow. but i get what your saying.

excellent luck Dubba, a cool neighbor is a true asset :aok: I would hold back on telling him anything about your grow, just in case he is not as smart as he comes across :rolleyes:

Dubb, you have an advantage here, you know the forum and what it can do and how it can help, he will come across problems, he knows you have grown before, his problems could be your saviour to free smoke, he gets probs and we as a forum help him out without him knowing its us, with him thinkings its you all along, it would be fun for you to be a grow buddie and check his set up out good and come and describe it to us all :rofl:

He gives you an ounce for helping ;)

No doubt Puffin. It's funny, the few people I smoke with tell me everyone they know who is growing and that is EXACTLY why they think I just buy it in bulk. The only person who knows is my wife and she could care less even though she doesnt smoke anymore. Its sad we cant freely exchange genetics and openly talk about it, but at the same time, ignorance is bliss in this respect. ;)

HippyInEngland said:
Dubb, you have an advantage here, you know the forum and what it can do and how it can help, he will come across problems, he knows you have grown before, his problems could be your saviour to free smoke, he gets probs and we as a forum help him out without him knowing its us, with him thinkings its you all along, it would be fun for you to be a grow buddie and check his set up out good and come and describe it to us all :rofl:

He gives you an ounce for helping ;)

I love your logic Hippy LOL.

nikimadritista said:
Hey Dubbman! What if you neighbor is one of us on MP and has just read about your outdoor plants and how you wouldn't tell him that you grow :D
I think with such a detailed story he'd figure out who you are even if his wife's not named Susan :D

Thought of that one before i posted this, but in our talks i know they dont have a PC or laptop so im not worried about that ;) Yet.

godspeedsuckah said:
No doubt Puffin. It's funny, the few people I smoke with tell me everyone they know who is growing and that is EXACTLY why they think I just buy it in bulk. The only person who knows is my wife and she could care less even though she doesnt smoke anymore. Its sad we cant freely exchange genetics and openly talk about it, but at the same time, ignorance is bliss in this respect. ;)

I lived in the same place for 58 years [with the ocassional vacation to college and the service] I know everyone in this outback area of the UP and most of them know me to throw a wild party, rarely pass up a drink or a toke, but no one at all has ever seen my grow in 28 yrs. I just never thought it prudent to directly involve anyone in a secret [not to mention still not legal] enterprize:hubba:

I have a huge family UP here, and better than 1/2 are involved in government or married to someone who is, lots and lots of LEO. Most know I am often found with a :bong1: in my hand, but again I keep it out of plain sight, so to speak ;)

:watchplant: I have buddies who cant keep a secret either, they show me and anyone else they know their grows:holysheep:

:farm:We all used to talk about growing, 25-30 yrs ago, but somehow the subject rarely comes up nowadays, unless a problem arises. No one I know discusses anything about growing in public. [YES, it is a shame. too bad that we all cant openly discuss this wonderful hobby]

my neighbors on all sides are relatives and plenty far enuf away, I hope, to mind their own beeswax.:rolleyes:

I am the same way. Through one of my friends I smoke with, I found out that my neighbor across the road grows some real nice bud; see what I mean???!!! I don't know the people across the road but I do know they grow good bud LOL, ***!! Secret is kept here but cant promise someone else will be able too.

godspeedsuckah said:
I am the same way. Through one of my friends I smoke with, I found out that my neighbor across the road grows some real nice bud; see what I mean???!!! I don't know the people across the road but I do know they grow good bud LOL, ***!! Secret is kept here but cant promise someone else will be able too.

IF hes a friend of theirs and knows you grow then theres a good chance that they know now too.

Latest posts

Back