Making Beneficial Tea (My Way)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Think it is just as important to feed the Roots as well as the plant. Therefore I brew/add beneficial tea every two weeks. There are several different products out there, I use OG BioWar. Have for years. Doing this keeps the plant healthy, lush and vibrant. It also helps protect the plant from Power Mildew, Mold and other Pathogens. I simply would not grow without it or something similar.

First, have a fairly small grow. So, I only brew enough for 20 or less plants. Two tents, veg and flower. Amount you need will depend on the size of your grow.

What you need:

1/2 gallon plastic pail or bucket
Air stone
Aquarium Pump

View attachment 277796

Here is a picture while brewing. I will explain the sock over the side later.

How to make tea...

First, put 4 cups of water in the bucket. (64 oz)

Add one tea spoon of both the Root Pack and Foliar pack
Next also add one tea spoon of unsulphured Molasses and stir vigorously

OG BioWar

View attachment 277797

You can get this on line. I can get you a discount if interested.

Next Take a small hand full of Alfalfa Meal and Worm Castings and put it into an old sock.

View attachment 277798

Finally put the air stone in the bucket, hook it up to the aquarium pump and turn it on. Also throw the sock over the side as shown above.
Now you are brewing tea. Let this brew for 3 to 5 hours. Notice how it foams up.

Once the tea has brewed it is time to water it in. Unhook the pump and remove the air stone. Let things settle to the bottom and use a turkey baster to suck it out of the top of the tea(bucket). I drench with 1 1/2oz/gal and drench it in.

Done, simple and you won't believe the results.
11/2 oz per gallon, them water with that. How much do you put on each plant?

Thanks,

Bubba

Got the bio wars, molasses, alfalfa meal on the way. We will now hunt up our stones and pumps.

Bubba

Drench it. Whole gallon if it will take it.
On each plant, I see. The molasses arrive this afternoon, my yo-yo plant stringers came yesterday. Very inexpensive and very effective. Alfalfa meal on the way, worm castings enroute. My LA Pure Kush grow should be the first (assuming clones live) to get the whole shebang. Just got notified the Old age nutes are on way! Cool. Overall, this will be cheaper (not to mention better.)

Bubba

Last edited:
Clones have to survive, first time, croaked. Second time, they all made it. Who knows this time! If they go downhill, I'll cut more. Barring that, it will be a feminized seed grow
Of Goat and Monkey Blue Glue.

Bubba

Does the sock just set in there while pump does it's thing, or do you squeeze it or dip it up and down like a tea bag.

I take it the sock is a "one use" thing and you throw it away?

It will start to foam soon after you get things going. About a small hand full of worm castings and alpha meal each. Mix and dump into sock.....no holes in the toe!!!! And throw it over the side. Hint..... always let the air stone run for a few seconds before submerging into the water Mix. Stone works better.

Yes, adding turkey baster to list.

Bubba

When done brewing let it set for a few minutes to let the sediment settle and use a turkey baster to suck up the mix and add to the water or nutes.
Why suck the sedi up? Can't it be stirred and used as is?
Or you need to get it out to stop any further aerobic actions?

Latest posts

Back