Making seedling's stems stronger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yimmy capone

Ya Boy
Reaction score
My cousin told me to help make the stems stronger on seedling to give it a couple of littlte finger flicks like 3-4 times a day. Anyone think this will work.

Besides wind from a fan what methods do you do?

you only need a fan blowing against a wall around the plant thats all,forget the flicking :) also move light up too an inch from the top of your plant,presuming its a flourescent light :)

slyder said:
Yep,,,do some research on supercropping......its the tits...:hubba:

i would say yes too the above but his is only a seedling :) so dont pinch it till its bigger :)

oh man pinch that thing, want hurt even if it is a seedling, i mean dont pinch it into just a gentle little squeez until you feel the stem give...

I wouldn't pinch the seedling. Are you tripping on the "stretch" from when it popped out of the medium and is about 3-4 inches from the first set of leaves?
If so, just repot it and bury the whole thing in medium to the first set of leaves, which will be the small round "first set". From there, you should have no "saggy" seedlings.

I agree 100% ...there should be no reason to pinch a seedling at all ... unneccessary stress ! As others said, keep a gentle breeze blowing on them. If the stems are too long, repot, and bury the plants deeper. Try to keep the lights as close as you can, without burning.

Latest posts

Back