Male or what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tito13

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have great looking plants in flower, 5, one looks like a male, actually the only one from seed, rest are clones. THis is the best picture i can take. My question is, is it male, how long can i leave it with the rest, its been one week??Not 100% sure if its a male.

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

yes ...Im sorry i see sac in first pic get out ASAP

and they do look great nice job:48:

For males, TOTALLY separating them or destroying them is the standard solution. However, if for some reason you want to grow him out, there is a third option, but time is short. Get some Dutch Master REVERSE & PENETRATOR and treat both the male and female plants. It will kill the male organs and any pollinated female seed sites. The seeds die at whatever developmental stage it is used. I have used it with morphs and it WORKS.

It is the same chemical and procedure that is used to make seedless watermelons commercially.

I would probably just get rid of the male, but it is an option.

Hope this helps

But i shouldnt worry that this male pollinated my females, ????its only been one week actually. ... Thanks.

No your okay just pull now and distroy Him ..take care be safe

HI...

Yup... Just yank it the sooner the better... They take a little time to drop their pollen sacks and open them up so you'll be fine...

Happy Growing!:cool:

sorry to see the male.... i'd just pull it....

the rest of the plants look great.... keep up the good work!

DonJones said:
For males, TOTALLY separating them or destroying them is the standard solution. However, if for some reason you want to grow him out, there is a third option, but time is short. Get some Dutch Master REVERSE & PENETRATOR and treat both the male and female plants. It will kill the male organs and any pollinated female seed sites. The seeds die at whatever developmental stage it is used. I have used it with morphs and it WORKS.

It is the same chemical and procedure that is used to make seedless watermelons commercially.

I would probably just get rid of the male, but it is an option.

Hope this helps

Dont read this wrong, I am not having a pop at your post at all, it is valid.

GM food is along the same line.

None of us want to eat it.

Altering the DNA of something and consuming it is the same as GM food.

Do it if you want.

I prefer to kill a male.

:peace:

I agree with 4u2sm0ke and dirtyolsouth.

What I meant about time getting short was, that you can't sit around thinking about it. Within the next couple of days or a week at the outside you are going to start getting pollen floating around. If that happens hit your females with REVERSE ASAP.

Locally I pay $20US/liter for REVERSE and $24/liter for the PENETRATOR. You use 1 part PENETRATOR to 100 parts REVERSE so you should never have to worry about buying anymore PENETRATOR. They say that say on their website that 500ml of mix is usually enough for the average sized garden. I had 15 plants in various stages of flowering and we never use more that 300ml for all of them.

To my way of thinking that is pretty cheap insurance, especially in an outdoor grow where you have little if any control over what is in the air. Even indoors you can easily draw pollen in from outside unless you are using a really good filtration system on your fresh air intake.

It will stop any developing seeds at the point in which they were treated and will prevent any additional seeds from forming.

If you are talking about Genetically altered food products, then you may have a valid point, all though ALL hybirds or crosses are genetically altered just by selective breeding versus manipulating the genes themselves, so I really think that it a lot less of an issue than most people make out of it. However we are entitled to our own opinions and some of my best friends are vegans even though I'm a red meat man myself.

However, your point about REVERSE being a gene altering process, is completely off base. Each succeeding generation will be fertile and vulnerable to unwanted pollination. All REVERSE does is kill the seed forming process, not make the plant infertile. If you clone the REVERSED female or reveg her, she and her clones will be fertile and able to be pollinated and bear seeds. Like wish a cloned male or a revegged male will also produce viable pollen the next time around.

Enjoy your view point and by all means do NOT ever do anything that you do NOT believe to be safe.

Latest posts

Back