Marijuana or mushrooms what's your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the day my friends and I would jump barbed wire fences to collect ranch-fresh mushrooms. We made tea, sauteed them and ate them on steaks, etc.

For me, they were disasterous mainly because we treated them as a "party high".

I remember crouching by my front door with a butcher knife all night after doing mushrooms at a neighbor's apartment.

I think it must be in the context.

Guess we won't be doing mushrooms with Shiloh.😁
1678449348179.gif

But the other three are growing good mycelium? I’m trying to decide if I want to stick with the uncle bens bags with the liquid culture or spring for sterilized grain bags. They are kinda expensive. I saw so many people having good luck with the Ben bags I thought it would be worth trying them.
I'm not going to give up yup I still have a syringe half full of albino penis envy reverted and half of a syringe with blue meanies in it. I am not sure why only a few bags grew mycelium and two did not? Everything was done the same maybe I did not shake and mix it up well enough I just don't know. The Blue Meanies were inoculated about four days ago, so it is too early to see anything on them. I think I am going to take those two bags and really try to mix it all up and give it a little while and see what happens. I did some more reading on the subject, and they say it takes two parts of the spores to meet before it will grow mycelium so I will mix the shit out of it and give it some more time. Then if it does work I will know to mix each bag after innoculing them. I am just trying to figure out why submarine girl and my spores are not growing mycelium at times.

But the other three are growing good mycelium? I’m trying to decide if I want to stick with the uncle bens bags with the liquid culture or spring for sterilized grain bags. They are kinda expensive. I saw so many people having good luck with the Ben bags I thought it would be worth trying them.
OK about four days ago I broke up the bottom of the mycelium to spread thru out the rest of the bag. These are the pictures I just now took of them. The one bag is almost completly hard. Ones I broke it up the mycelium seemed to really take off and spread itself, that is one of the reasons I just mixed up the two bags that are not growing. These pictures are of two different bags.

Attachments

• DSCN0071.JPG
    DSCN0071.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0073.JPG
    DSCN0073.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Do you have an instant croc pot that can be used as a pressure cooker from what I have read?? Then you can sterilize just bird seed or popcorn kernels.

I am going to give it a few days and when that second bag catches up and turns hard, I am going to put both bags in substrate and see what happens.

Start your search in the old cow piles that are shaded with tall grasses. Look for those cow dungs that have become dried into the grasses. You will find some healthy and fully grown magic mushrooms there. Once you have found the mushroom, start collecting them by snipping their stems off.

1678458058794.png

Start your search in the old cow piles that are shaded with tall grasses. Look for those cow dungs that have become dried into the grasses. You will find some healthy and fully grown magic mushrooms there. Once you have found the mushroom, start collecting them by snipping their stems off.

View attachment 321792

eat the stems too , especially the blue ones

The best time for entering the field is 12-36 hours after rain. Remember, I told you that these magic mushrooms require a considerable amount of humidity to grow further. So, the time right after a heavy rain is considered to be perfect for hunting magic mushroom.
If you want to find mushrooms, look for places that are moist, like near water or in the mud. It’s a good idea to wear rubber boots when you’re looking for mushrooms, so you don’t get your clothes wet.

In fact, the cow dung can also be a matter of concern, and you will never want them on your clothes. So, make sure to take your rubber boots with you at the time of hunting.

The suitable time for hunting mushrooms starts from early May to the end of September. So, it will be better if you pick your hunting time within this session. During this time, most of the region pass through the rainy season. This means the mushrooms get enough moisture to grow. However, it mostly depends on the weather condition of your region.

Now that you understand the whys behind hallucinogenic mushrooms from cow dung, can you start collecting as soon as the lightning strikes? Unfortunately, no.

While psilocybe cubensis can grow from cow piles, other species can also grow. Remember, poisonous kinds grow as quickly on cow piles, just like your psilocybes.

So, before you start collecting, you’ll need to ensure you’re prepared before picking magic mushrooms. It can help you avoid getting mushroom poisoning or organ failure.

Last edited:

View attachment 321792
Huh, I have seen gazillions of them things in cow pastures over the years.
There are a lot of cow pastures around here, too.

Yep. Thats how a lot of ppl used to get them. Just make sure you're getting the right ones.

Start your search in the old cow piles that are shaded with tall grasses. Look for those cow dungs that have become dried into the grasses. You will find some healthy and fully grown magic mushrooms there. Once you have found the mushroom, start collecting them by snipping their stems

Be afraid to jump the fence in a cow patch. I look for mushroom all the time. I know if you rub a white mushroom, and it turns black and that's a sign it eatable. I have to good books about mushroom but haven't got to deep into them. I wouldn't try any mushroom without knowing it's a magic mushroom first.

Here are more details on the features used to identify magic mushrooms in the wild.

1. They turn blue – Most Psilocybe mushrooms turn blue when injured. Research suggests that this blue pigment is a mixture of compounds that form when psilocybin – the chemical responsible for the psychedelic effects of shrooms, breaks down.

The presence of blue bruising may indicate the presence of psilocybin which is contained in magic mushrooms. However, some species of magic mushrooms don’t bruise blue despite containing psilocybin. Other mushrooms, such as Deconica species, may bruise blue or blackish, meaning you shouldn’t use this as the only feature to identify magic mushrooms.

2. Caps – All Psilocybes feature a smooth cap that is often sticky. Magic mushroom caps come in all manner of colors, sizes, and shapes. Caps come in different shades of brown, from light brown to dark brown with blue tinges.

Shapes of caps also differ between species, such as Psilocybe cyanescens having “wavy caps,” Psilocybe Mexicana having large, bell-shaped caps, and Psilocybe azurescens having saucer-like caps hence the nickname “flying saucer mushroom.”

But what sets psilocybe mushrooms from other species is the separable gelatinous pellicle that covers the cap. You can peel this gelatinous layer off the cap in psilocybe mushrooms.

3. Stems – The texture of the stem matters. Psilocybe stems tend to be tough and fibrous, so when identifying magic mushrooms, you should be able to wrap the stem around your little finger without snapping.

4. Gills – Mushroom gills are thin papery structures attached to the underside of the cap. They are a means of spore dispersal and are important for mushroom identification. You can identify magic mushrooms by how the gills are connected to the stem, the color, crowding, and the shape of the gills.

5. Spore prints – Mushroom spores are microscopic reproduction units that can grow into magic mushrooms under the right conditions. These spores also play an important role in species identification.

You can make spore prints by taking the mushroom cap, placing it on a flat piece of paper or glass with the gills facing down, cover with a bowl or cup, and leaving it there for 12 – 24 hours.

Psilocybe species have purple-black spore prints. Poisonous look-alikes such as the Galerina species have rust-brown spores.

Latest posts

Back