maximizing my yeild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mawth420

mawth420
Reaction score
what are some good ways to maximize my yeild? I read a little about LST, but im a VERY novice grower so i dont want to mess anything up. Is it a dangerous process? Has anyone done this? Are there other ways to produce more than one cola per plant and get short, bushy plants with plenty of buds??
Thanks in advance for your help

LST can stress out your plants, but most likely will not if you don't bend them over with too much force on the stem.

A GREAT way to keep your plants short and bushy is by topping. It's where after a certain amount of nodes grow, you cut the vertical stem near the top and it branches off in two seperate directions at the cut section. Read more about it here:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19637

How different plants react to topping varies quite a bit. Some strains have genetics that can give you close to a pound per plant if you top it enough, other strains may not even grow as much bud as there could have been if they hadn't been topped at all. If these strains even exist though it's gotta be an extremely small percentage of them.

Topping can stress out your plant too, but that's why I'd prefer to have some experience with the particular strain I'm dealing with before topping to know the optimum amount of times to top to get the highest yield. Although how the plants react to this is very strain specific, chances are if you just guess at it and top randomly your yield will be noticeably higher than if you didn't do any topping at all, and it most likely won't stress out your plants.

Latest posts

Back