MeNtAlPaTiEnT's 400w HPS Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ta2dguy said:
that is a nice looking set-up you got there mental and some nice plants too. i think i might have to order this whiteberry strain sometime. i cant wait to see how these new little ones you got growing turn out. happy growing and happy smoking.
Hey ta2dguy! Thanks for the compliments! Yep, White Berry is a model strain for sure, just as they say on the package. She's a beautiful indica strain that flowers fast. I also can't wait to see how the little ones do! They seem to be inheriting most of the physical traits of the original WB (short, stocky, bushy, fat leaves). I've been smoking WB for the past 5 months! Forget what it's like to smoke other strains... :rolleyes:

the chef said:
Hey brother that wb looks familiar...hmmm,lol clean your room. Just though i'd throw that in there before anyone by the name of mom said it and gave you flasbacks.:holysheep: :D Looking good my friend!
Ahah, thanks chef, I know it's dirty :eek:. I'm pondering taking out all the plants, sweeping, and covering the floor with some sort of plastic or tarp. It only really gets dirty in there when I'm transplanting... heck it gets dirty wherever I transplant!

lordhighlama said:
mental... could u explain how you know that your plants are becoming root bound. I think that I may have a girl that is showing signs of this. Seems I have to water her every day or she will dry out so bad that she starts drooping very badly and can't hold herself up.
Well, lordhigh, I tend to know my plants are rootbound when I observe an unusual lack of growth. Also, when roots are sticking out from the holes of the pots, but that's an obvious one :cool:. But yes, I feel your pain on watering every day! In my last post, first picture, bottom left, that plant is root-bound galore and also thirsty. If I don't water her for a day or so, her leaves start drooping as they are in the picture. It doesn't make for pretty plants, they tend to look quite sad :(. Size of the pot really matters when it comes to frequency of watering. The bigger pots hold larger areas of moist soil, deeper down, that take longer to dry up than smaller ones.
ishnish said:
:ciao:
Look'n GREEN up in here!
:watchplant:
Thanks buddy!

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Well, lordhigh, I tend to know my plants are rootbound when I observe an unusual lack of growth. Also, when roots are sticking out from the holes of the pots, but that's an obvious one :cool:. But yes, I feel your pain on watering every day! In my last post, first picture, bottom left, that plant is root-bound galore and also thirsty. If I don't water her for a day or so, her leaves start drooping as they are in the picture. It doesn't make for pretty plants, they tend to look quite sad :(. Size of the pot really matters when it comes to frequency of watering. The bigger pots hold larger areas of moist soil, deeper down, that take longer to dry up than smaller ones.

sounds exactly like what my one girl is struggling through right now. Luckily she is the only plant that has shown for sure to be a female so no harm in transplanting her now. Still waiting on the others to show one way or the other. :cool:

Hope your girl is a healthy one in the end. :cool:

December 30

Stopping by to post a few pictures. The Sativa dom plant is a female. :) Found out about a couple of weeks ago. The indica dom plants have yet to show any sign of sex yet. I'm guessing that soon they will tell.

Got some new mylar today. I'm hoping that I put it on the right way. Seems to be pretty reflective.

Going to flower the rest of my plants in a few days. Transplanted around 8 tonight into probably 2 gallon containers, going to do a few more tomorrow. I figure since I've got them and since there's no room in the veg room, might as well see what I can make of them.

pic1.gif

pic11.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

Bushy, very bushy mental! Love the compact veg on the indie. God job brother.

Looking Good Up In E'er!!!,,Very Pery & Healthy, Great Job!!

You always grow some hella bushy hella green plants Mental...nice job

the chef said:
Bushy, very bushy mental! Love the compact veg on the indie. God job brother.
Aha yeah, quite bushy indeed! So bushy that the shoots are having a difficult time growing at all. Thanks for watching chef =).
HATCH said:
Looking Good Up In E'er!!!,,Very Pery & Healthy, Great Job!!
Thanks hatch, I just them water and the plants tend to do the rest :p

Hamster Lewis said:
You always grow some hella bushy hella green plants Mental...nice job
I know eh, it seems indicas really don't like stretching much, but they definately will if the light source is inadequate. Can't believe my biggest indica still isn't showing any signs of sex... I would have bet money that she would have shown her/his gender by now. Thanks for popping in ham!

January 3

Just stopping by to post a few pics. The girls in the veg room were a bit thirsty and perhaps a little cold (you can see the leaves twising a little). Gave them a drink after the pics were shot.

I've got a flowering room happening as well. I figure I can fit 12 plants using the round trash bin containers I'm using. But I'm thinking about putting two well established plants I have that need transplanting into 4 or 5 gallon pots in there. So I can basically have two rows of 4 plants, plus the two bigger ones. Or I could go with the 12 plant option... either or!

Still can't tell the gender on any of my plants except the sativa strain. Hmm.....

Happy growing folks.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

Go fer the biiger pots and see if the yeild increases.....a little expirement if you will. Looking foward to see those in flower!

Yeah, I think I will take your advice chef :). I'd also be interested in bud density on the bigger plants compared to the smaller ones. Sure the bigger plants will have more sites, but we'll see if the smaller plants can match the density of the bigger ones. Will definitely be interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

January 7

Just posting a few more pics of the garden. The ladies in the veg room were a little heat stressed since the light was a tad too close. I raised it the other night, and they are looking a bit happier. I am going to be giving the plant in the top right corner in the veg room coffee grinds, as I have read that it is a decent organic supply of nitrogen and trace elements of phosphorous and possibly some other elements. So we will see if she perks up a bit.

Plants in the flowering room will be watered soon... I can hear them saying "we want a drink!". Their wish is my command.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

I always love how compact your veg growth is mental
hope the coffee grinds work out for ya!

lordhighlama said:
I always love how compact your veg growth is mental
hope the coffee grinds work out for ya!
Haha thanks, stretched plants aren't my specialty I guess you could say! I'm looking forwards to giving my lady some organic material rather than the usual miracle gro chem's. I've been doing some reading that MG has a rather negative impact to the soil life. So I think I'll be making the switch to organic from now on :cool:. I also have a better place to put my leftover coffee grinds than the trash bin :).

that's what I was thinking... coffee grounds are very easy to come by, might as well give it a try. But ya, I can't figure out a way to fit stretch and mental into the same sentence. Well except for that one of course lol.

January 13

A few pics of progress... Girls in the veg room perked up nicely after a good watering last night. You're welcome ladies :) . They suffered from a bit of heat stress a few days ago and are liking having the fan on 24/7.

The majority of the plants in the flowering room have yet to show signs of sex, but one or two have shown that they are female, and I think a couple are going to be male. They are about a week or so into 12/12 and are doing really good considering they don't have a fan, and the temps seem to be really high.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

Nice mental! Get a fan! Kill the males. We'll talk more i do so like our visit's:huh: :D

Looking good Bro...yeah get a fan on them...you don't want to push the stress on them...

looking good mental, doesn't look like there's room in there for a fan with that jungle you've got going on. Get those boys away from your young girls or who knows what sick acts they may attempt on them. :)

Haha thanks lama, I know, it's pretty crowded in there but I think I can sneak a fan somewhere on the wall and point it downwards towards the canopy. I'll look for those pesky boys, make sure there's no foul play going on lol .

Latest posts

Back