Mentalpatient's Box Grow 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
Hey guys! Back with another box grow. In case you missed my last one, check out this link: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23679

--

July 18 /08

Box is full of clones from my old mother plant except for one. There's exactly 5 plants in this box. Four of them are in 4 or 5 gallon buckets and the last one is in a chocolate milk container.

Things are going smoothly, temps pretty good at 27C and a little high at 69 degrees humidity.

Just one pic for now. Updates to follow in the near future.

pic1.jpg

if its anything like your last one mental patient were in for a excellent journal :48:
pulling up a seat for this one :peace:

looks good man. hows harvest looking from your other journal? got a dried weight yet? so you planning on more smaller plants.

Im pulling up a chair right now... cant wait to see all of the pics

Update July 22/08

Thanks for the good comments.

It was definately a joy to grow just a single girl in there last time, now it's time for more!

Still need hooks for light adjustment... Currently knotting the string to shorten length to heighten the lamps.

No pests other than the usual fruit flies. I don't mind them at all. A lot of them get to go for a swim when I water my plants though, haha.

Nothing too special to report this night. I've been busy with other things and havn't been able to spend much time in the garden. So far, it's been managing itself for the past few weeks. Temperatures have been tolerable and humidity is never too high.

Also, I plan on taking a few clones for perhaps a late-summer harvest or an indoor winter grow. We'll see.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

just came over from your past mom grow. clones are looking great man.
got my seat on this one . good luck...:joint4: :bump: :ccc: ...

Hey dom, thanks for stoppin by. I was checking out your current grow and all I can say is "wow!". You got one hell of a garden going on, that's for sure!

Well, plant in the back left corner (picture 2) was starting to show signs of sex the past few days, I came and checked on her every day but to no avail as to what sex it might be. But yesterday, I came by and I was thrilled! A girl! The strain is either Jamaican Island Skunk OR it could be Big Juicy Fruity. I'm guessing it's the BJF strain. When I rub my fingers on the stalk and smell my fingers after, it smells soooooooo good. I can only imagine how the bud is going to smell!

Anyways, got some pics. Nothing too special happening in the grow room today. Just another day under the lights.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

looks good bro, so how much watts and lumens total ya got this grow? ill be checkin in... cant wait to see some nice nugs, peace.

Looking bright in there! Lol. And nice use of paint buckets, nice and sturdy good for minimal root shock when tending to the garden and traps out light good.

Update July 28/08

Just poppin' in with a bit of information and some pics.

Lights (Type: CFL)
-------

• 3x 23w
  • 2x 42w
  • 1x 45w
Wattage Usage: 198 watts
Lighting Schedule: 24 hours

Temperatures (Temperatures in the box are influenced largely in part by outdoor weather)
---------------
Day: 30C
Night: 26C

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Update August 1/08

Things are going nicely except for the high temperatures when I'm away. Temperatures in the box go all the way up to 32 degrees C and the humidity I'm not even sure. The leaves on one of my plants that gets hit by the fan has suffered the loss of a few leaves. The leaves started getting crumbly and have gone brownish-yellowish along the sides of the leaves.

Took about 10 or so clones yesterday from all the plants except the smallest one. I have been confirmed that the plant in the back is called Heavy Duty Fruity (a high yeilder with high aroma). So I have taken thus far 3 clones off her and can expect to take more from this special strain in the next few days. This time around, hopefully rooting will take place much sooner than my last batch of clones which took about 3-4 weeks to show roots through the rockwool cubes. Of course, when I last took clones, the temperatures were just above 14 degrees C which is pretty chilly!

Pictures 4,5, and 6 are of my cloning chamber where the magic happens. It's currently utilizing a single 18 watt tube flouro that hardly produces any heat to the touch.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

Looks great, i am gonna pull up a chair next to the MVP, Melissa and keep watchin' this thread. Sound's like your gonna need a bigger room with all those clones.

Just finished reading your last journal, and man o man am i looking forward to watching this grow as its happening. Ive got a spliff in one hand and mouse in the other, ready to watch these baby's GROW :watchplant: . Good luck and be safe.

Peace and love,
Mogwi

tcbud said:
Looks great, i am gonna pull up a chair next to the MVP, Melissa and keep watchin' this thread. Sound's like your gonna need a bigger room with all those clones.

Nice to see ya here tcbud. Yup, I've got it all planned out. I'm going to use the majority of my clones grow to be single buds only. I could place at least 15 in a box I have using somewhat smaller containers. The rest I will either give them away to friends or sell them for cheap and make some bus money/gas money.

Mogwi said:
Just finished reading your last journal, and man o man am i looking forward to watching this grow as its happening. Ive got a spliff in one hand and mouse in the other, ready to watch these baby's GROW . Good luck and be safe.

Peace and love,
Mogwi

Thanks man! I am not sure, but have you grown using CFL's before? It you have, I'd like to see what someone else has managed to grow using these lights.

---
Update August 4/08

Took 6 clones today, 6 yesterday. I have about 20 clones in total now all healthy as can be! I believe half is of the strain I have been growing for the past few years, and the other half is Heavy Duty Fruity. When I open the lid of the propogater, it smells sooo nice. It makes me wish I were in this jungle of marijuana plants that smelled like that, searching my way through, maybe taking a nap on a big giant leaf...

Picture 3 is my precious Heavy Duty Fruity... She's definitely a nice addition to the grow box.

The second last and third pics are of what I harvested about a month ago in the big growing box. Couldn't take any better pictures, they kept coming out all blurry.

And the last picture is just a shot of how things are coming along. I know, the soil needs more water. I got around to that after the picture taking :).

piccloone1.jpg

picclone2.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Update August 10/08

Just poppin' in to post some pics of the clones and their quickie set-up. The roots had first shown through the rockwool cubes roughly a week and a half after cutting. Which is great!
I have this plan for the box they're in. I'm thinking about 2 rows and 3 lights across on hooks. Each with its own reflector. Right now, it feels very temporary but I'm sure the light set-up is working. I also need a door for the box. Currently, I have 3x 42watt bulbs hanging over top my clones.

I put three of my original big plants outdoors. Their sunlight had to be compromised for security. They are in buckets and can be moved still, although they are quite heavy to carry far distances, which is another reason the location isn't too great! The better spots outside are farther away from civilization...

So right now, I've got two big plants still in my big growing box. They are basking under a couple 23 watters, something to keep them in vegetative mode until I put them outside as well.

I'm going to shift my focus o

pic5.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

nice got to love the great outdoors idk what it is but i feel at peace or like at nirvana when i smoke out and tend my outdoor garden. i just love nature and the outdoors but anyways wow your gonna have yourself a nice outdoor crop.

Latest posts

Back