miracle grow plant food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todoobie

Reaction score
How much miracle grow should i add to 1 gallon of water for my young ones.

I use this it works butit is strongit says 1020 drops a gallon use half ofthat but not till like 4 weeks it is very very hot.....bbb

Both ODD and BBB are quite correct. Not yet and then quite weak.

I've done several grows with MG because I couldn't find what I normally used. Had just moved and to a very small town. MG will work, but there are 2 other nute lines that use (IMO), better salts for the base and are priced comparatively with MG (cheap).

Check out either Jack's Classic or Dyna-Gro. Dyna-Gro is 100% complete and ~$15 will get you enough grow and bloom nutes for several grows. Jack's is nearly complete (Epsom salts might be needed), and same deal price wise, less than $15 for both grow and bloom.

Dyna-Gro combo packages (grow+bloom), can be found on ebay for ~$15 in 8oz sizes. Since you only use 1/2tsp/gallon, 8oz goes a long way.:cool:

Check them out.

DD

you plants hate miracle grow..and whoever puts it in there.

you get out of it what you put into it...doesnt look like you'll be getting very much of anything decent at all...

Killuminati420 said:
you plants hate miracle grow..and whoever puts it in there.

you get out of it what you put into it...doesnt look like you'll be getting very much of anything decent at all...

so in your opinion, if miracle grow is all you have available, its better to use just plain water? no nutes at all?
that makes sense:confused:

I use mg all the time, mix 1 Tbl spoon with 1 gallon of water, wait till your plants are about a foot tall before feeding, feed half strength at first

good luck

It not that your plants hate MG you just Can Not Use At Full Strength on young mj plants. You can use any nute as long as you use it weak to start with. By slowly increasing nutes strength you are less likely to over do it If the tips of the leaves start to curl back off that is the max you want your nutes
Some people have grown excelent plants in MG soils, you have to watch the plants grow and learn with every grow.

BigO said:
mg is 6.99

Cool!

Jack's is ~$5.50 for a 8oz tub
Dyna-Gro is ~$7 for 8oz liquid

They are all right at the same price point and easy to use.:hubba:

You don't need expensive 'elite' nutes to grow dank week.

You DO need an understanding of the plant, its needs, and how to provide them. It's not rocket science, or feeding schedules, but understanding your plants.

DD

don't get suckered into the thinking that you HAVE to use high dollar nutrients...if MG is what you can afford, or is avaliable ...you can make it work.

I used Peters for years outdoors, along with good organic amendments, with no problms at all.

Yes there are some dang fine nutes on the market that cater to mj...and alot of them are priced through the roof...you can get healthy plants from providing the nutrients that they need, at the time they are needed...and you can do it relatively cheap.

legalize_freedom said:
don't get suckered into the thinking that you HAVE to use high dollar nutrients...if MG is what you can afford, or is avaliable ...you can make it work.

I used Peters for years outdoors, along with good organic amendments, with no problms at all.

Yes there are some dang fine nutes on the market that cater to mj...and alot of them are priced through the roof...you can get healthy plants from providing the nutrients that they need, at the time they are needed...and you can do it relatively cheap.
:yeahthat:

Knowing your plants is what guarantees success, not fancy labels or big price stickers or really enticing ad copy.;)

DD

Yea man If their is nothing else MG is fine. I uses it on my first ever bagseed grow and the plants came out fine and smoked well. Just use 1/4 strength when you start feeding and gradually go up as needed. Your plant will tell you if it need more or less just listen when that time comes.

what kind of m g are people useing? regular or bloom buster?and what are the 0-0-0 #'s?

budculese said:
what kind of m g are people useing? regular or bloom buster?and what are the 0-0-0 #'s?

The ratios of the N,P, and K.

The 20-20-20 mentioned above is a 1-1-1 ratio, same as a 6-6-6, 10-10-10 or whatever.

The 15-30-15 is a 1-2-1 ratio.

The actual # indicates how much of what is in there. If you had a 100 lb bag of 20-20-20, there would be 20 lbs of N, 20 lbs of P, and 20 lbs of K

Make sense?

DD

Droopy Dog said:
The ratios of the N,P, and K.

The 20-20-20 mentioned above is a 1-1-1 ratio, same as a 6-6-6, 10-10-10 or whatever.

The 15-30-15 is a 1-2-1 ratio.

The actual # indicates how much of what is in there. If you had a 100 lb bag of 20-20-20, there would be 20 lbs of N, 20 lbs of P, and 20 lbs of K

Make sense?

DD

Wait, could you please explain the bold part...that doesn't add up, what am I missing??

todoobie said:
the rest being filler??

Yes.

I hope I can 'splain.:D

The actual numbers represent the volume or concentration of those particular nutes by weight. I'll just use 100 lbs so I don't have to do any weird math.

A 6-6-6, 10-10-10, and 20-20-20 are all 1-1-1 ratios, but the 6-6-6 would have 6% N,P,K, or 6lbs of each in a 100 lb bag, same deal with the 10-10-10 and the 20-20-20, the rest being a filler.

Obviously, the 20-20-20 is a higher concentration and you would use much less than say, the 6-6-6, for the same size bag (100lbs in this example).

You can still toast your plants with low numbers, but it's much easier to overdo the higher concentrations.

Now does it make sense?

DD

Latest posts

Back