Mogwi's First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogwi

Reaction score
So yea, name is Mogwi and here is my first attempt at growing the beautiful plant i love and enjoy everyday:

All the pictures if have taken were taken on the 37th day of growth. Sorry i don't have pictures of prior stages of this project.

5 bagSeeds were germinated and planted in 16 ounce red plastic cups on the 16th of October. Plants were then transplanted into 2 gal. grow bags on the 2nd of November. This was 18 days after the seeds were planted, i do remember that the plants were definitely getting root bond, i probably let them go a little to long before transplanting. Plants are still in the 2 gal. grow bags and it is the 37th day of growth. I am thinking that they should be transplanted once again, not sure though. Would it be a bad idea to flip them and check to see if they are starting to get root bond, grow bags might make it a bit** to check ?

From day 1 i have been watering them with distilled water every other day. After i transplanted all 5 they have been getting 1 gal. total every other day split up in between all 5. So a 1/5th gal. of water every other day to each plant. Not sure if this too much/too little, or just right. Idk they are looking good though, what do you think ?

As far as nutrients goes i have been using the Fox Farm threesome (Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom). Soil used was the Ocean Forest Fox Farm Soil.

The first nutrient feeding was giving on the 4th of November. It was on the 20th day of growth, 2 days after they were transplanted. The dose was 2tsp of Grow Big and 2tbl of Big Bloom to 1 gal. of water.

The nutrients dosage from day 22 all the way to the 18th of November has been 2tbl of Big Bloom and 3 tsp of Grow Big to 1 gal. of water. Today i switched them to 3tsp of Tiger Bloom and 2 tbl of Big Bloom to 1 gal of water. I have also switched the lighting to 12/12 today!

The lighting system being used is a 4ft 4 bulb T5 HO floresent light system. For a while they were under 18/6 lighting, but most of the time the light was on 24hrs a day. I have just now switched them to 12/12.

There is a 4in. 80 cfm can fan exhausting the 48"Long x 20"Wide x 48"Tall tent. On the right side the is a intake vent with a small houshold fan pushing air in.

blah so on the 12th of November i switched the lighting to 12/12 but 4 days afterward i decided to switch them back to 18/6. I also decided to top two of the plants. I also lst'ed two others. I think i did this way to late in the vegetation stage but i kinda wanted to dabble in the training side of growing. Idk what you guys think ?? And for the last plant it got nothing. This did even the canopy up perfect, where as before the training the two i lst'ed were a good bit taller then the others. So what do you think, was it a good or bad idea lol ?

So that's about all for now, at least my head is empty of anything else to type. I will be updating at least 1 time a week all the way to the end. So stick around. I also encourage any and all questions, concerns, input, ideas, criticism, anything ! What am i f***kin up, what should i not be doing, what am i doing that is right lol. So come on and tell me what you think.

Thank you all,
Mogwi

DSC00103.JPG

DSC00104.JPG

DSC00105.JPG

DSC00106.JPG

DSC00107.JPG

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00109.JPG

DSC00110.JPG

DSC00112.JPG

DSC00113.JPG

DSC00114.JPG

DSC00115.JPG

Very nice!I would try to go a little longer between watering.You should be around 3-5 days for watering at this point unless you're room is running hot,then they'll dry out a little quicker.

Thanks much time4tokin20s, good news in fact considering i just got back from the store with 10 gallons of distilled lol, nah its actually pretty cheap. Nutrients on the other hand is a different story lol.

By the way your automatic perpetual grow kinda makes my draw drop lol.

Oh and i forgot to mention the little guy in the red cup. She is a Lowrider2, i picked up 5 feminized from dr. cronic. She is a little lopsided. I think she had a rough time coming out of the soil. Hopefully she will survive. Idk what you guys think.

DSC00139.JPG

DSC00140.JPG

Mogwi, I know bagseed sounds great and all, but watch your ladies for male flowers... often bagseed is the result of hermaphrodites... which can make more hermies and ruin your crop.

Watch them like a hawk....

Good luck to ya, your plants look great.

Well mogwi your babys is looking good keep them green.

What can i say other then everything is looking great. :aok: From the looks of things ya got a GREEN THUMB that's for sure. ;) Your Lowryder should be fine. Every now and then you'll get a mutant plant but they usually work their way out of it. GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
What can i say other then everything is looking great. :aok: From the looks of things ya got a GREEN THUMB that's for sure. ;) Your Lowryder should be fine. Every now and then you'll get a mutant plant but they usually work their way out of it. GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana:

Yep. One of my nine Lowryder #2 does not grow pairs of leaves... it grows tri-pairs of leaves :eek: Its a really wierd plant and it has grown slow... Then there are also a couple runts which just do not seem to want to grow at all...

I can allready tell I am going to need to do alot of breeding to stabilize the genetics for my growing conditions...

Yep, your plants look absolutley fabulous :aok: Pictures of nice, lush, green plants are up there with bud shots anyday !

Thank you all for the support and compliments. I will be updating next watering with pictures and other updates. I do have a quick question though. Right now all 4 bulbs are cool white, I am considering going out and picking up 4 warm white to replace the existing tubes. Should i go ahead and pick up 4 or should i just pick up 2 and keep 2 of the existing cool white florescent tubes, original plan is to replace all 4. Not sure how expensive they are, but i am running low on fund so i don't know. What do you guys think ?

wow pretty stoked. Went to feed the kids today and found that all 5 plants are now showing sex. I have one male and the 4 others are all showing the begening signs of female. Pretty little white pistols (spelling ?). I went a head and documented the signs, and took pictures of the 1st three. Numbered them one threw 5.

"Thing 1" is showing white pistols on many of the top inter nodes, and i have yet to see any sign of male growth. ? Female ?

"Thing 2" Showed quite a few pollen sacks. And it looked like many more were forming. Male !

"Thing 3" had signs of female pistols on many of the top nodes as well. Have not seen any signs of male growth. ? Female ?

"Thing 4" and "Thing 5" were both showing the first signs of female growth, will get pictures of these two once they start showing a little more.

*Pictures 1-4 are pictures of the female "Thing 1"
*Pictures 5-9 are pictures of the male "Thing 2"

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00203.JPG

DSC00206.JPG

DSC00208.JPG

DSC00223.JPG

DSC00211.JPG

DSC00216.JPG

DSC00218.JPG

DSC00219.JPG

Here are pictures of "Thing 3" another of the females.

Also i added pictures of the males root ball, think these babys are getting a little root bond :( was not planning on transplanting again.

I dont know what do you guys think, and input would be amazing.

DSC00233.JPG

DSC00232.JPG

DSC00227.JPG

DSC00226.JPG

DSC00225.JPG

DSC00234.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

Well, I would get rid of those boys and transplant your girls into a little larger grow bag. While I would not consider them root-bound, they are going to get bigger. You should plan on about a gallon of soil for every foot in height.

Your plants look very nice, green and lush. Good job.

Latest posts

Back