Molasses during the 2week flush or not...?

happydaze

Ayyyyyyyyyy!
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
3
:yeahthat:


thanx as always to all...

-Happydaze

p.s. SPECS: Jack-Hybrid grown in FFOF soil amended w/ perlite as well as supersweet (n-enriched dolomite lime) EDIT: FF Bloom, FF Grow, FF Tigerwhatever...
 
D

dman1234

Guest
is there somthing wrong with the plant??

otherwise flushing isnt really neccessary.

so to answer your ? yes add molassis, and add nutes too.
 

happydaze

Ayyyyyyyyyy!
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
3
yes, I add the FF nutes but every other unnuted watering i give them a Tbl of molasses usually (starting AT A 1/4 then ramping it as needed) stopping off the last two weeks. Now i've been perusing the boards and some say to use plain h2o while others say its organic and will not mess w/ the taste during the 2 week flush.

ty all 4 your input.

-Happydaze
 

stemjosh

Long Time Lurker
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
5
Feeding strait water the last too weeks isnt really flushing. Flushing you flood the plant with 2-4 times the amount of water to try to "wash" the roots. I know alot of people call this flushing but Its really just feeding only water. I do this myself for about the last ten days but I know alot of others on here dont with great results I.E. The Hemp Goddess

Oh and by the way I would still use the molasses. I dont use it but i dont see what it would hurt
 
M

mountain man

Guest
The molasses is feeding the beneficial microbes in the soil. It makes nutrients into a more useable form that the plant (roots) can uptake. It also supplies carbohydrates.
It has nothing to do with taste or flavor. With 2 weeks left until approx harvest, it would still supply some carbos as well. But with 1 week till finish, little is being gained.
 

BlueNose

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
214
Reaction score
48
I use molasses every watering until harvest. Different strokes for different folks
 
R

Roddy

Guest
Molasses isn't doing you ant good at all when you've already killed off the microbes with the FF nutes. Chems kill microbes that you're trying to feed with the molasses. Check the nute thread for more info on this, the nute study has a lot of info!

Molasses is best for organic grows.
 
M

mountain man

Guest
Gonna Eat That? said:
I use molasses every watering until harvest. Different strokes for different folks
So do i, from start until the last week. Then again, with my super soil, all i do is add water from start to finish.
Just add water.......... Can't get much more organic than that.
 

happydaze

Ayyyyyyyyyy!
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
3
stemjosh said:
Feeding strait water the last too weeks isnt really flushing. Flushing you flood the plant with 2-4 times the amount of water to try to "wash" the roots. I know alot of people call this flushing but Its really just feeding only water. I do this myself for about the last ten days but I know alot of others on here dont with great results I.E. The Hemp Goddess

Oh and by the way I would still use the molasses. I dont use it but i dont see what it would hurt
you're funny
 

happydaze

Ayyyyyyyyyy!
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
3
all i know is I've used it just as i said and nvr once had a bad harvest. Always yield frosty frosty nugs but was wondering about residuals and whatnot left in the bud...

thank you, 1nall

-Happydaze
 

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
8,071
Reaction score
787
cHECK out my journal (I only have 3 pics tho...) and tell me if they were robbed. I had the fattest plants for a 400watt bloolm harvest ever. And as long as you don't use GrowBig, it's still considered organic. consider their own product description: bloom hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/products_liqfert1.html my fav quote :"This odorless, liquid fertilizer is a live culture of vitamins, amino acids, natural growth hormones, enzymes, and beneficial organic microbes."

and tiger bloom: hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/products_liqfert2.html

the quote i like "In addition to containing critical trace minerals, we brew our liquid fertilizer with earthworm castings and kelp meal for a biologically active formula."



where does it say thats it's inorganic/chemical fert? anyone?

So if Happy just utilizes the tiger and bloom (which boosts the plants in veg as well as bloom) then it should technically b considered organic. The ony time you should use GrowBig is if you're reusing the soil...

Peace n' Chronic,

7greeneyes :)
 

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
8,071
Reaction score
787
Just dbl checked but elsewhere they say: "Two of our liquid fertilizers, Tiger Bloom® and Grow Big®, are also not 100% organic" so I have to rescind my comment, if you missed it on their website it's located (bottom of the page): hxxp://foxfarmfertilizer.com/faqfox-general.html#anchor7general

but as you said b4 that you've amended w/ dolomite lime so you should b golden anyway. will help maintain a condusive ph anyways...and it talks of beneficial microbes/boilogically active in both product descriptions so I don't really think the ferts are KILLING the beneficials.

Peace,

7greeneyes :)
 

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
3,794
Reaction score
276
think mountain man already answered you on residual in your herb---not to worry---but---feeding molasses thru to the end of your harvest will help your next grow if you recycle your soil---
 

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
823
Reaction score
72
People get a bit too hung up on the term 'organic'. If you use the term 'natural' it works a whole lot better.

There are more than a few 'natural' things that will not harm anything in an organic grow, but can never be called organic because they either have no carbon, or were ever alive.

Dolomite Lime is a prime example. Hard to get more natural than a rock, but it can never be considered organic.

Some of the FF might not be organic, but that doesn't mean it's synthetic either.

Wet
 

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
8,071
Reaction score
787
right on :aok:

Wetdog said:
People get a bit too hung up on the term 'organic'. If you use the term 'natural' it works a whole lot better.

There are more than a few 'natural' things that will not harm anything in an organic grow, but can never be called organic because they either have no carbon, or were ever alive.

Dolomite Lime is a prime example. Hard to get more natural than a rock, but it can never be considered organic.

Some of the FF might not be organic, but that doesn't mean it's synthetic either.

Wet
 
R

Roddy

Guest
happydaze said:
all i know is I've used it just as i said and nvr once had a bad harvest. Always yield frosty frosty nugs but was wondering about residuals and whatnot left in the bud...

thank you, 1nall

-Happydaze
Try it without one time, bet you get the same results! ;)
 
R

Roddy

Guest
7greeneyes said:
Just dbl checked but elsewhere they say: "Two of our liquid fertilizers, Tiger Bloom® and Grow Big®, are also not 100% organic" so I have to rescind my comment, if you missed it on their website it's located (bottom of the page): hxxp://foxfarmfertilizer.com/faqfox-general.html#anchor7general

but as you said b4 that you've amended w/ dolomite lime so you should b golden anyway. will help maintain a condusive ph anyways...and it talks of beneficial microbes/boilogically active in both product descriptions so I don't really think the ferts are KILLING the beneficials.

Peace,

7greeneyes :)


Test 4 Fox Farm Full line = Grow Big (6-4-4)- Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)- Big Bloom (0.01-0.3-0.7)- Open Sesame (5-45-19)- Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30) - Cha-ching (9-50-10)

I've been eager to write about Fox farm for some time. It's an extremely popular and effective chemical based product. If you've read the above information than you understand the importance of a "living" substrate. A diverse and rich bacterial and fungal balanced medium contains enough beneficial organisms to out compete pathogens and disease causing bacteria and creates accessible stored nutrient content. Chemical fertilizers kill off much of the microbial life and allow for limited forms of absorption and resistance to disease. When some microbial life dies off the fragile "circle of life" follows. If for example we eliminated bacterial life, this will lead to an abundance of fungus. Enzymes produced from fungus are acidic. This drives the pH down creating nutrient lock-up and unattractive environments for life, specifically bacteria. Fox farm definitely suffers from this chemical kill off scenario. Two major things exposed this to me even before applications. First, all the micro-nutrients are applied through chemical composition with-in the primary grow and bloom products and they are also in Big Bloom. As microbial life is imperative in organic micro-nutrient absorption and chemicals kill microbial life we can infer that Big Bloom under these conditions produces minimal nutrient effectiveness hence most micro-nutrients must be applied chemically. Second, if we refer to the recommended feeding schedule posted on the companies web-site you'll see in week 7 and 8, they call for additional Grow Big. Remember that the majority of bacteria we're interested in are nitrogen loving and retain that specific nute for lengthy periods of time. This is exactly why many organic programs can eliminate nitrogen all together later in flowering. Here, the chemicals have eradicated these bacteria and hence eliminated nitrogen storage capacity requiring an extra dosage. This led me to restructure the schedule. I feel if your going to use chemicals you should apply them as such. Less over more applications. I treated this test as if no soil life was present. I decreased initial nitrogen and then divided it among vegetative and early flowering applications. My primary nitrogen weeks are 2 through 8. This also fell into my "curve" scenario of nutes - building to a maximum and then tapering off towards harvest. In no way do I want to discourage those of you who use Foxfarm, as far as chemical fertilizers go it's extremely effective. I think it's important to understand how your feeding your plants however.

Big Bloom is the all organic additive Fox farm uses. Early applications, with-out chemical additions, promote soil health and lush, consistent growth. After the additions of Grow Big and Tiger Bloom it's effectiveness tapers off. Although some positive effects are noticed the majority of organic nutrients are unavailable and bacterial and fungal life struggles to maintain populations, unable to react with the nutes. I lowered the overall applied amount and it had little impact. The solution is made of effective ingredients. Bat guano, earth worm castings and enzymes. These enzymes are this products saving grace in fact and are the primary reason I continued applying it with the chemicals.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50463
 
R

Roddy

Guest
Wetdog said:
People get a bit too hung up on the term 'organic'. If you use the term 'natural' it works a whole lot better.

There are more than a few 'natural' things that will not harm anything in an organic grow, but can never be called organic because they either have no carbon, or were ever alive.

Dolomite Lime is a prime example. Hard to get more natural than a rock, but it can never be considered organic.

Some of the FF might not be organic, but that doesn't mean it's synthetic either.

Wet
It's chemical based....
 

Latest posts

Top