Mold! My worst nightmare!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaidyed

Reaction score
I'm nearing the end of my first project, an outdoor grow. I'm about one week away from harvesting some of the most beautiful buds I've ever seen! I am so proud of myself. Well, I was looking over my beauties today and checking the trichs when I spied a dying leaf in one of my buds. ***? Upon closer inspecting I seel the gray mold deep inside the bud. OH NO! The mail cola has a moldy spot right in the center! Waaaa! It rained one week ago and my buds got soaked, enough to bend the branches towards the ground. I tied them up and the weather has been warm so I thought it was too warm for mold. Not! Two plants have it. I snipped of the buds and will dry them in the oven slowly, then remove the moldy parts. Arrrrrgh! Lucky for me I caught it in time. 95 percent of the garden looks fine, but I will keep my eye out. It is supposed to be a hot week here in Northern California. Damn mold! Curses. I learned a valuable lesson today! :eek:

I got that rain too...wasnt that a lovely wake up surprise...:( no mold here tho, so far that is. good luck.

Gonna go check out my sister grow and its three girls. I hope I don't find any. I was freaking out when I found it. Thought my entire plot was infected. Gonna start preparations for harvest tonight in case more shows up. Dried out the main cola in the oven for a bit to kill the mold. Gonna practice curing it after I remove the infected parts. Aaaah! What a wonderful smell!

my oven doesnt get low enough of a temp tp use it on bud. I am afraid I will toast the thc out of it.

The sister site is just fine. What a shame about my big main cola. I'm sure it would have weighed out to two or more ounces of dried and manicured bud! I figure I lost about four ozers to the bud rot. I inspected the lot today and did not see any more. I hope I got it all since I am about one week out according to my charts and trichs.

I dried out the infected buds and I can see lots of amber trichs on it. I'll freeze it for now and will try to silk screen it for some possible hash sometime in the future. It will be a nice experiment in any case.

lesson learned atleast you didnt lose everything. I grow in pots too and will be moving them inside for rain as long as I catch it in time.

Weather watch 2Dogs.....Ten day forcast, everyday..Weather Weather Weather....Watch buds, Watch Weather, Watch buds Watch Weather:watchplant: :watchplant:

Good Save Thai

I forgot to say, Never under any circumstances smoke Moldy pot. Throw it away, throw it in the fire. Just wanted to say that for GP.

I agree tc....scares me to think what people smoke. I was reading up on mold last night. If weed looks dark like brown even though its dank..dont buy it. I read that the mold darkens the buds...ewwwwwww
the worm thing bothers me too...icky!

see I was watching the weather but used the national site lately I am using the local guys but they are wrong..a lot.

Go to Accu Weather 2Dogs, they got a 15 day forecast, Just type in your zip. I like the wind speed part, for when we fish.

HI,

Bud rot blows... sorry to hear it bro... Make sure that you really dig in and check the inside of the biggest buds... that's where it always gets me... in the largest colas in my grow... I run into bud rot indoors and I've learned not to do any single cola or hardcore 'main cola' grows during the summer around here when I can't bring down the humidity below 50%... It's always very late in the cycle in the 11th hour on the fattest buds when they swell up... fyi... I've also seen hermie nanners come out of buds that had rot too so keep your eyes peeled for those as well... I'm no scientist but it seems that the stress from bud rot may stress them into going hermie... I harvested a plant a few weeks ago that had one dime size spot of bud rot on the whole plant so I literally caught it as it was getting started by chance as I didn't notice it until I was cutting the buds off the stem...

Good Luck!:cool:

Latest posts

Back