More cfl buds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
Ok heres a pic of a few buds. i was gonna wait to harvest for another couple of weeks but due to my inability to leave plants alone i had to harvest last night. i broke the main stem to the point of no repair. just more proof that less is more.

plants 036.jpg

are ya tellin me hps lights can mass up the buds?, really plants has their limitation I dunno if cfls can pull up their limiations as much HPS can do?

btw if clones can max their limiations with cfls, tell me so!! I could clone bunch of what I gets!!

that plant was grown from seed. i vegd for 8 weeks, pinched the top and used it as a test plant for supercroppin. i started flowerin at 1 foot and flowerd for 8 weeks needed 10. nothing really special about it.

as for the smoke test, early tests are promisin but i'll post after it cures a little.

I did decide to "force sexing" 10 plants under cfls, I has like 6 cfls on them, it look strench out though, (my mistake for not put cfls close to the plants) and did seprate the possible sexes (little plants can be female/longer stems plants can be males) all of them on 12/12 during veg time, most of them is like 3 ft tall...look like I need 2-4 week more before I can detect their sexes?

Looks sweet and if that was a couple of weeks away from harvest then I can imagine what a full bloom would have been like! Has anybody used the CFL's for a grow and in another grow a HID to compare the cost of electricity? I know watts and volts are watts and volts but I was under the impression that CFL's emit more light with energy efficiency. Somebody really should do a study for that!

nice work bro, got some N.L. AND A.I. clones that i am going to be trying some sopercroping on in a week are two.....

well i figure instead of startin a new thread i would just add to this one.. heres some pics of what i've got going right now. not much just a bunch of bagseeds.

i had a ph problem that i finally got taken care of as you'll see in the pics. any way here ya go..

DSC01446.JPG

DSC01459.JPG

DSC01449.JPG

Nice job Slowmo!
I gave into temptation and have bought 3 of those $20 HPS.I'm gonna shut the cfl's down for good as soon as the last two get here.I already have one in there and can tell a difference.How bout it Slowmo,your buds need you:D

i plan on doin the same thing. lookin at your bulb, would it be hard to seperate the ballast from the socket? i just got all my bills caught up after being off all summer so im hopein that i'll be able to order this weekend but i never know whats gonna come up and i'll have to wait another week. i figure if i can get the buds i do with cfls imagine what 4 of those bulbs could do in twice the space. right? sorry im stoned and rightin a book

slowmo77 said:
i plan on doin the same thing. lookin at your bulb, would it be hard to seperate the ballast from the socket? i just got all my bills caught up after being off all summer so im hopein that i'll be able to order this weekend but i never know whats gonna come up and i'll have to wait another week. i figure if i can get the buds i do with cfls imagine what 4 of those bulbs could do in twice the space. right? sorry im stoned and rightin a book

That's what I'm planning on doing once they get here,separate the ballasts from the bulbs.It looks to me like it will just take a little wire.I'll make a post when I do it.
I gotta fly,late for work:eek:

Very nice SlowMo, but allow me to say that I find it disturbing that you picked them early. Why'd you do that? I know, you already explained that, but just the same, why? It bothers me because a person spends a lot of time to get them as far as you did, only to cut them early. If you can wait 16 weeks, then why not wait an additional two until they're fully done? You understand where I'm coming from?

Your current grow looks good too.

slowmo thanks! those are great! that lst'd baby is just great! thats exactly how i wanna grow some of mine! was that grown 12/12 from seed? I find mine spread out too much when i try and grow em like that! Hope you are well :)

Latest posts

Back