more newb questions FIM/LST and pots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom O'Bedlam

Reaction score
Does anyone out there think these plants could be LST'd? THey're already pretty bushy and I don't see bending them over. If I top or FIM them will they get even more short and squat? I'm lovin they way they are now but do want to maximize yield when the time finally comes. Also, will the pots be big enough for my CFL setup? I don't want to transplant AGAIN:hairpull: but I'm seeing white root tips coming out of the bottom of one of the pots

P7110003.JPG

P7110010.JPG

P7090013.JPG

I'm not sure on the pot size as I have never flowered in dirt before but if you want a good tip for lst'ing your babies than read on my friend. Go get yourself a drill or whatever and drill small tiny holes every inch or so all the way around the top lip of your pot. Get yourself some extra long pipecleaners (3 bucks or so at Wally World) then all you need to do is lightly wrap one end around the stem you want to lst put the other end through a hole on the pot and then pull it till its bent to where you want it and put a kink in the pipecleaner. Easy to adjust easy to use. And yeah they are ready for lst.

and the whole trick is that the top of the plant needs to be lower than the dirt level?

No, it dosen't have to be lower than the dirt level. Just lower than the rest of the branches. This will make the branches compete to be the new top and the plant will respond by sending growth hormone to all of the branches rather than mostly to what was your top. There is a good thread stickied in one of these forums that explains it well.

Latest posts

Back