mr_chow's medicinal rice garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PuffinNugs said:
definitly hit them with too much N. all that extra leaf in the buds going to increase the trim time. have fun

can you expand on your thoughts? why do you think i gave them too much N?

i am sorry i do not have any pics of how bad she was before the treatment, lost them all in the move from the other site.

i am open to your thoughts...as you may have noticed, though, i'm an objective/analytical type of guy. if you provide me w/ science or give me a well thought out response, i will listen.

...is it better to have yellow/white coloration on all leaves (even the buds) during flower or to give them (n)?

...a 2-.3-.3 mix wasn't adding more N than "TIGER BLOOM" has (2-4-8), are you suggesting that people that use TIGER BLOOM during flowering have more leaf-to-bud ratio in their grows?

i'm just at a loss as to why, if a plant is showing that it needs a certain nute, that it is "bad" or ill-advised to give it the nute that it wanted...? remember, this was all given to the plants and stopped 6weeks before harvest (10-15-2011). ...chlorosis was spotted late-july/early-august.

peace,

mr_chow

Dude i really don't know what to say because your way of doing things is way different then mine.
And honestly what i think of your plants is that they look quite sad.

What i know is that in flowering you want more PK that N and that was not what you are doing. You don't even know the right values of that coffee thing. And that molasses in the 2nd stage of flowering turns the smoke harsher.

Best luck next grow. That the God of Yield may be with you.

bho_expertz said:
Dude i really don't know what to say because your way of doing things is way different then mine.
And honestly what i think of your plants is that they look quite sad.

What i know is that in flowering you want more PK that N and that was not what you are doing. You don't even know the right values of that coffee thing. And that molasses in the 2nd stage of flowering turns the smoke harsher.

Best luck next grow. That the God of Yield may be with you.

thanks for stopping in...

YES, I KNOW MY PLANTS LOOK SAD... (does anyone read what i write or are you all just looking at the pics?)

next grow is totally different...going back to my "roots" so to speak w/ an indoor grow. just got to get back on my feet with money and on time with bills...what i've done this grow was a result of not having money to do what i was supposed to do...

...should i have repotted? YES
...should i have nuted throughout veg and flower w/ proper nutes? YES
...should i have added more perlite to my soil-mix? YES
...should i have not moved my plants so much to cause soil compaction? YES
...should i have worried about my rootmass getting above 100*F during the summer months? YES
...do my plants look sad? YES

BUT i do think that i've done the best i could with the situation that i was presented...

and bho_expertz, forgive me, you are right...

...the NPK of coffee grounds is : 2.0/0.36/0.67

i welcome all of you to my new grow that i will be starting this month some time. hopefully there i can "earn" some of you guys respect... :D

peace,

mr_chow

chow just so you know I think your posts are very informative and they have helped me. We can't make everybody happy now can we ?:p :p :icon_smile:

It's hard to read everything you write through all the lengthy postings, so no, I stopped reading those....sorry. Many here likely look for pics to tell the tale....imho

Happy growing, my friend!

Just mentally project yourself to the masses.:)

lol not trying to be mean, just that I came in around post 27 or 28 and was slapped with all that info, so I tuned out for awhile. And yes, I mostly look to the pictures to tell me what's going on, those pics tell a lot.

mr_chow said:
maybe if i write in hieroglyphics or pictograms? :D
:rofl:.. you'd have my interest...
I think we're all blessed with 20/20 hindsight chow ;) recognizing it, accepting it, and most of all "learning" from it is the key.

mr_chow said:
i was wrong.

...i have moved.

chow

Nice having ya.....sorry we all didn't bow at your feet or whatever it is you were looking for. Because this place is pretty relaxed and laid back....but you are right it must be us. Cldnt possibly be you.
:rolleyes:

Mr. Chow, hey, you have done wonders for those plants. I'm impressed. I am not hating on you my man. Hell, I don't even hate the Vietnamese, and them suckers shot me. I think the information you have put in here is invaluable. I didn't read all the stuff about the rot, but I am sure glad it is here if I need the info. Thanks, and GREEN MOJO to ya Bro.

Hamster Lewis said:
Nice having ya.....sorry we all didn't bow at your feet or whatever it is you were looking for. Because this place is pretty relaxed and laid back....but you are right it must be us. Cldnt possibly be you.
:rolleyes:

defensive, aren't you?

anywho, just thought i'd stop in to let everyone know that the cXsd is chopped...still aiming for 10/15 for the kushes.

you guys are too funny. ...no really, educate yourselves.

mr_chow

mr_chow said:
defensive, aren't you?

anywho, just thought i'd stop in to let everyone know that the cXsd is chopped...still aiming for 10/15 for the kushes.

mr_chow

No not at all.....I just wonder. If this place is not floating your boat and what not then why do you feel the need to post a comment to that effect?
People like you come through here often. They come here after getting booted elsewhere, spout off a bunch of stuff some of which is dead on and good info and some of which is suspect at best. Then when they get called out on it they will argue it to death instead of acknowledging they were wrong. Then drop snide asss comments.

Then in the final act they feel the need to do a goodbye thread. At least you haven't gone down that sad pathetic road..........yet:cool:

I wld love to hear the other side to why you got banned from your last site. I am guessing it wld be a lot different then the version you told me.

mr_chow said:

mr_chow
This part right here pretty much sums up what I just said. You are right all of us are wrong...you are so much smarter then the rest of us.

Hamster Lewis said:
No not at all.....I just wonder. If this place is not floating your boat and what not then why do you feel the need to post a comment to that effect?
People like you come through here often. They come here after getting booted elsewhere, spout off a bunch of stuff some of which is dead on and good info and some of which is suspect at best. Then when they get called out on it they will argue it to death instead of acknowledging they were wrong. Then drop snide asss comments.

Then in the final act they feel the need to do a goodbye thread. At least you haven't gone down that sad pathetic road..........yet:cool:

I wld love to hear the other side to why you got banned from your last site. I am guessing it wld be a lot different then the version you told me.

This part right here pretty much sums up what I just said. You are right all of us are wrong...you are so much smarter then the rest of us.

^see exactly what I AM TALKING ABOUT. you feel it necessary to come into MY THREAD and leave your comments. all i said was "i was wrong...i have moved"; you thought it was necessary to fill in the blanks and leave snide comments.

so in a sense, you are part of the reason i have not come back to this site as often as i had this summer. sad, man. sad, sad.

enjoy your hamster, lewis.

(^how do you like that snide comment?)

mr_chow

c'mon ppl, stoke this :joint: and call it good, everyone. I've had awesome strains that made me feel like a horticultural master (mostly heirloom cuts) then bought commercial seed and made me feel like an amateur because I wasn't use to the differing nute needs of that said strain.

Let's all just cool out, mm'kay? :bong: If we're so laid back here, let's lead by example and not try to be offended by some anonymous internet joe. Chow's admitted he's made mistakes so let's be cool...

plus, somethings' (small harvest) better then nuthin', right Mr. Chow?

Peace,

7greeneyes :)

7greeneyes said:
Let's all just cool out, mm'kay? :bong: If we're so laid back here, let's lead by example and not try to be offended by some anonymous internet joe. Chow's admitted he's made mistakes so let's be cool...

plus, somethings' (small harvest) better then nuthin', right Mr. Chow?

absolutely correct...

.. this place has such crazy people, i'd love to share my current grow w/ those that were interested, but the crazies are keeping me away:

DSC_0308.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

some people are just so sh!tty, they'll probably find something wrong w/ the pics above. (yes i know i've got a overnute on front left plant...i was pushing her too hard)

i've got nothing but green, now.

mr_chow

Latest posts

Back