Music and weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you OK man
I hope that eruption was not affecting you
No sign of anything & although I'm inland I'm only about 12 miles from the Mediterranean coast as the crow flies.
To be honest I've not given it any though.
Que sera, sera.
Thanks for asking.
Just having our first rains this week 😊

Looks like this thread might be dead.?
I confess I rarely look to see if there's any new posts.
"What you listening to" seems to do the job better tho. 🙃

8e8dno5.gif

I've loved weed ever since I met up with it around 50 years ago.
Ive loved music since I was 10 years old.

One of the most marvellous things about ganja it that it enhances music radically. Even as an old fart one of my favourite things to do is to smoke a joint - preferably neat, home grown, herb - accompanied by a couple of beers, while listening to music.
I will die happy if it happens when I'm doing that.

Those people who are true music FANS (ie. who don't just hear/see it as a nice background sound) will absolutely know what I mean.

I'd really like to hear opinions on this - even thoughts about the best bands to listen to when seeking bliss (not Nirvana! 😊)

Any ages welcome - though I'm mostly aiming at oldies here.
For me it started at home with what my folks listened to. From Perry Como , to Eddie Arnold. (Im 66y/o)
Then I met the Beatles , Then I met Mr Dylan and Mr Young and Ms Mitchell. As a young poor electrician I spent 2k back in 76 for a Kenwood seperates and AR11's. and great headphones. I had older brothers which helped. I came from 1200 albums .Thats where I fell in love with pot. I never stacked albums and would come home and put on a album and break my shure mv something needle. Back then you may have had to work 2 days for a new one. I remember when Led Zep ,Pink Floyd ,Stones ,Clapton ,Winwood ,Knophler came out with something new my weekend was set. I have spent a fortune on Maxell UD something cassette tapes . To me there was no joy greater than a mix I have made . I listen to music.... The first time I heard a cd was at a stereo store and hear Peter Gabriel "Don't give up " w/ Kate bush adjusted. Knocked me over.The first time I made a cd ( took 1 hour to burn) of a mix and I got emotional! I have made 100's of cds for friends in which some fell in love ,got engaged , got divorced , made babies ,helped say goodby to someone to my friends Mom who passed on listening to something sweet I made . From Brave heart ,to City of Angels to the Straight Story soundtracks ,music is soul . Get 5 guys drunk and they start a fight ,get 5 guys stoned and they start a band ..." sorry for babble- I's jus got stoned !

For me it started at home with what my folks listened to. From Perry Como , to Eddie Arnold. (Im 66y/o)
Then I met the Beatles , Then I met Mr Dylan and Mr Young and Ms Mitchell. As a young poor electrician I spent 2k back in 76 for a Kenwood seperates and AR11's. and great headphones. I had older brothers which helped. I came from 1200 albums .Thats where I fell in love with pot. I never stacked albums and would come home and put on a album and break my shure mv something needle. Back then you may have had to work 2 days for a new one. I remember when Led Zep ,Pink Floyd ,Stones ,Clapton ,Winwood ,Knophler came out with something new my weekend was set. I have spent a fortune on Maxell UD something cassette tapes . To me there was no joy greater than a mix I have made . I listen to music.... The first time I heard a cd was at a stereo store and hear Peter Gabriel "Don't give up " w/ Kate bush adjusted. Knocked me over.The first time I made a cd ( took 1 hour to burn) of a mix and I got emotional! I have made 100's of cds for friends in which some fell in love ,got engaged , got divorced , made babies ,helped say goodby to someone to my friends Mom who passed on listening to something sweet I made . From Brave heart ,to City of Angels to the Straight Story soundtracks ,music is soul . Get 5 guys drunk and they start a fight ,get 5 guys stoned and they start a band ..." sorry for babble- I's jus got stoned !
No need for apologies
This sort of post always interests me greatly 'cos I've had a sneaky feeling I'm not quite right in the head and don't seem to be able to think like more normal people.

It was maxell UDXL (super avilyn I think) when I first sailed out of the Royal Albert Dock in London it was withaa turntable and home built amp made with Sinclair modules plus a couple of small & lightweight poly-planar homebuilt speakers. It was about a year later that I bought one of the new-fangled stereo cassette players and within a few months I transferredaall my Lp's to tape.
So there's a number of parallels there. I too was an electrician but found a way to get better pay when I went to sea as a 2nd lecky with Blue Star - as a marine electrician I was paid about double what I had earned ashore (and as a bonus, I got to see a lot of the world).
I too got very blitzed last night and after going for a couple of beers with a like-minded old pal we sat out talking shit and smoking a couple of doobie.
I got home about ten and sat out listening to music, (mine is all digitized now) with a single skinner - feeling like I was in heaven - don't even remember going to bed!
Right now I'm out on my balcony, still feeling a bit disoriented almost 24 hours later..
Keep on Truckin'
Be well
Be yourself

Personally I love Deep House and often listen such music after smoking:)
I listen to music every day.
at night I love to listen WHILE smoking dope - for me it helps to synchronise with the music. But it's also great to just listen when you're nicely well baked.
Glad you're comfortable sharing your taste too - don't know anything about "Deep house" or even "house" although one of my sons is into that.
Down through the years it's seemed to me that there's been 'waves' of different music that only seems current for a short while then goes away.
But it all seems to tie in with whether you LOVE music - or just like music.
who the feck knows? - that's just my thoughts. 🤕🤯

I've loved weed ever since I met up with it around 50 years ago.
Ive loved music since I was 10 years old.

One of the most marvellous things about ganja it that it enhances music radically. Even as an old fart one of my favourite things to do is to smoke a joint - preferably neat, home grown, herb - accompanied by a couple of beers, while listening to music.
I will die happy if it happens when I'm doing that.

Those people who are true music FANS (ie. who don't just hear/see it as a nice background sound) will absolutely know what I mean.

I'd really like to hear opinions on this - even thoughts about the best bands to listen to when seeking bliss (not Nirvana! 😊)
Any ages welcome - though I'm mostly aiming at oldies here.
My go to song when I'm indulging is White Horse. Do you remember?

Music is truly one of my passions. I grew up singing in a very small country church in Southern Illinois. My dad was the Decon at the church and at 11, I was the song leader (I said it was small). Once I hit my teens, I found Country and Rock & Roll. Back in the 60's & 70's on a small farm in Illinois, there wasn't that much to choose from. Then MTV came! Now I listen to whatever moves me. Really, if I don't move to the music it does not go into a playlist. One of my favorite songs, in my wilder days, was White Horse by Laid Back. If I was more tech savvy I would post a link.

Latest posts

Back