Music and weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to see someone adding favourites.
not really into the crooners or classical music or jazz (except sax maybe)
Procol Harums whiter shade of pale is a classic but they never really got anywhere.
These days I have gravitated more to the blues - which is still alive and well & I personally believe that's where most of the good music is these days.
But I still love & play early rock and roll, what used to be known as heavy rock, what was known as prog rock, hard rock, classic rock and such.
Plenty of "orgasmic" stuff amongst that.
As for music systems - there've been some really excellent advances and I'd contend today's compact digital systems - including speakers are plenty adequate for old ears.
I can certainly get blissed out with a nice doobie and the music up loud,.
Try Allanah Myles - "Black Velvet" - (see if you can figure out what it's about).
Also Traffic doing "The Low Spark of the High Heeled Boys"
The Doors - LA Woman, Break On Thru', & Riders On the Storm.
I better just shut up now,.
Never went anywhere? Do your homework son, find out who all was in that band and where they ended up...

That's one thing I like doing is chasing down who was in what band and where they ended up. Most surprising sometimes to connect the dots, so to speak.

Bubba
Bubba

I was lucky to be a teenager in the 60's. Still have a great album collection. Probably worth $$$. I rare listen to them though. I do still listrn to classic rock most every day while working in my basement grow. Lights are coming on about now....time to rock.
Dude....set up a classic 2 speaker system with a turntable....so much fun. Bubba

Never went anywhere? Do your homework son, find out who all was in that band and where they ended up...

That's one thing I like doing is chasing down who was in what band and where they ended up. Most surprising sometimes to connect the dots, so to speak.

Bubba
Bubba

Attachments

• 2021-08-27 15.41.06.jpg
    2021-08-27 15.41.06.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 3
Too old to be your son😊
I do that often.
Procol Harum ain't a band anymore. I know they made good music I also know the members went on to other things - some of them bigger than Harum
Don't be uptight - music's for everyone but tastes & opinions differ greatly.

Attachments

• 2021-08-27 15.47.21.jpg
    2021-08-27 15.47.21.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2
Not uptight in the least, just speaking truth son.

Bubba

Weed and music , like a horse and carriage

i like the old stuff and I like to explore some new stuff

like this , found it today

Brilliant - sorry its taken so long to respond. I am a weird person.
This absolutely differentiates between real music (where the artiste has a real (god given?) gift. I watched it right to the end. A bit zonked right now, listening to Dire Straits (Comminiqué) at the moment and puzzling about why I love music so much while for most people it seems like it's just fine for background - but not really important.
Do you think most people just don't appreciate music like I and a few others do?
Not trying to be elitist or big headed which seems to be what many on this forum think.

Are you talking to yourself?
Probably but don't really know.
Very stoned at this time.
Just smoking my doobie and listening to music.
Can't really deal with the crap to be honest.
What's wrong with being yourself?
I just don't get it.

I get it. One of my other hobbies is building high end Class A audio components, and speakers.

Bubba
Thanks - stoned -
thought I already sent this.
Don't really know what I'm doing here - had hoped it'd be more friendly - guess I just don't understand.

Okay, I own lots of the original albums. Love Low Spark and others. Many here know way more than I do. Respect and learn.

The problem is you think you are expounding beyond the smarts of others. That ain't gonna happen here.
I don't think that at all. IF you think that, that's OK. That's your Indaba. 🤗

Latest posts

Back