Music and weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep - but I've already DL'd plenty music to add to my ripped cd's, Lp's tapes, etc and have plenty storage in the form of 25gb blueray dvd,'s - for long-term backups. I also have 1 x 4TB, 2 x 2TB & a couple of 1TB hard drives. I still dl stuff from time to time - when I discover something I like.
I ve always been comfortable with computers, PLC' s control systems and a variety of tech. I like messing around with this stuff and pondering on where the tech is going.
I probably have more than enough stuff to last 'till after I'm dead.

Yeah, I know you mess around with tech. Be careful, that will bite you in the butt. Thought you wanted to talk about music. You won't fool me again. Your fuse is short.

@Weirdscenes , Did you forget:

Frank Sinatra
Procul Harum
Jethro Tull
Prokofiev
Stravinsky
Beethoven
Dave Brubeck

and many others you think we don't recognize......???
Happy to see someone adding favourites.
not really into the crooners or classical music or jazz (except sax maybe)
Procol Harums whiter shade of pale is a classic but they never really got anywhere.
These days I have gravitated more to the blues - which is still alive and well & I personally believe that's where most of the good music is these days.
But I still love & play early rock and roll, what used to be known as heavy rock, what was known as prog rock, hard rock, classic rock and such.
Plenty of "orgasmic" stuff amongst that.
As for music systems - there've been some really excellent advances and I'd contend today's compact digital systems - including speakers are plenty adequate for old ears.
I can certainly get blissed out with a nice doobie and the music up loud,.
Try Allanah Myles - "Black Velvet" - (see if you can figure out what it's about).
Also Traffic doing "The Low Spark of the High Heeled Boys"
The Doors - LA Woman, Break On Thru', & Riders On the Storm.
I better just shut up now,.

Happy to see someone adding favourites.
not really into the crooners or classical music or jazz (except sax maybe)
Procol Harums whiter shade of pale is a classic but they never really got anywhere.
These days I have gravitated more to the blues - which is still alive and well & I personally believe that's where most of the good music is these days.
But I still love & play early rock and roll, what used to be known as heavy rock, what was known as prog rock, hard rock, classic rock and such.
Plenty of "orgasmic" stuff amongst that.
As for music systems - there've been some really excellent advances and I'd contend today's compact digital systems - including speakers are plenty adequate for old ears.
I can certainly get blissed out with a nice doobie and the music up loud,.
Try Allanah Myles - "Black Velvet" - (see if you can figure out what it's about).
Also Traffic doing "The Low Spark of the High Heeled Boys"
The Doors - LA Woman, Break On Thru', & Riders On the Storm.
I better just shut up now,.

Okay, I own lots of the original albums. Love Low Spark and others. Many here know way more than I do. Respect and learn.

The problem is you think you are expounding beyond the smarts of others. That ain't gonna happen here.

Okay, I own lots of the original albums. Love Low Spark and others. Many here know way more than I do. Respect and learn.

The problem is you think you are expounding beyond the smarts of others. That ain't gonna happen here.
It might seem that way but I don't consider myself any better than anyone else.
I have a few deep interests and try to dig into them.
If no-one shares my interests (and that's often been the case throughout my life) then that's fine.
If people would rather I leave they only have to say so.
If I get to feeling I'm not wanted here (and it seems to be heading that way) then I'll withdraw and revert to just being a hermit.
No offence intended to anyone.
If people wanna get upset that's OK too.
We're all sovereign individuals.

not your everyday blues or jazz but I dig Django

A brilliant Guitarist and much admired by me cos he had a finger missing as do I - unlike him I could not overcome that handicap.
Tommy Iommi is in that same camp too.
Wish I'd been able to emulate their persistence and grit. I've tried periodically to learn left handed without much success.
👍

Gave away all my vinyl before coming out here.
From my perspective music is music & the medium doesn't matter much. But that's just MY viewpoint.
Think , feel, and say, whatever you want - I'm just a council house lad from peasant stock in Yorkshire.
You don't know me - and I don't know you.

Listening to Chris Rea this morning. 🤗

I was lucky to be a teenager in the 60's. Still have a great album collection. Probably worth $$$. I rare listen to them though. I do still listrn to classic rock most every day while working in my basement grow. Lights are coming on about now....time to rock.
Yep, I consider myself lucky to have been around in those years.
I know it's probably just some sort of flaky nostalgia - but I still feel like it was the best of times and the best of music. 🎶🎧😊

It might seem that way but I don't consider myself any better than anyone else.
I have a few deep interests and try to dig into them.
If no-one shares my interests (and that's often been the case throughout my life) then that's fine.
If people would rather I leave they only have to say so.
If I get to feeling I'm not wanted here (and it seems to be heading that way) then I'll withdraw and revert to just being a hermit.
No offence intended to anyone.
If people wanna get upset that's OK too.
We're all sovereign individuals.

I hold no sway here. Your first postings came on as though you were declaring bull right out of the gate. Then, somehow, my account was breached and almost unintelligible stuff was posted that seemed to come from you. Mistake, perhaps, but I changed my password and got a little suspicious.

You can find your way here. I did. It was a rocky beginning for me, also, but well worth it. Quality people all around this forum.

I hold no sway here. Your first postings came on as though you were declaring bull right out of the gate. Then, somehow, my account was breached and almost unintelligible stuff was posted that seemed to come from you. Mistake, perhaps, but I changed my password and got a little suspicious.

You can find your way here. I did. It was a rocky beginning for me, also, but well worth it. Quality people all around this forum.
I don't lie, I don't spoof, I don't spam. I trust people until I find cause not to.
As to my first postings - your impression was subjective and wrong, but that's OK

Latest posts

Back