Music and weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I didn't smoke for20 years. When I did smoke again, I did not experience the music euphoria I was hoping for. I wonder if a specific breed of plant would enhance this. I am a huge music lover. My recent smoke wad white widow.
I really can't say. I have smoked weed since my youth but never had a craving and during my over 50 years of on and off use there have been many periods of when I've not smoked for years.
BUT I've always had a deep love o f music that has been an absolute constant. If I had to choose between weed or listening to music, I'd definitely pick music every time.
That said - some deep trauma in 2012 was the trigger for my retirement andmy move to Spain. Once here (and solo) I renewed my acquaintance with weed and recalled better days and the solace it can bring - it was a real delight to experience the delight of listening again-while stoned - for me, it really adds an extra dimension (perhaps more than one).
I really do not think it's imagined and the enhancement seems to start within the first few tokes.
I WILL say that I think I it's even better if you find yourself smoking some especially good weed.
Prior to finding myself here (Coín, Andalucia) I really had little understanding of what Ive seen as hype regarding multiple different strains, the terpenes, etc, and I'm even suspicious of the supposed differences between sativa and indica etc.
HOWEVER one possible advantage all these labels provide can provide for home growers is that it gives you a means (perhaps) to identify what you perceive as a superior buzz. Because you've grown it yourself you can be fairly sure that what you're smoking can be classed as good, excellent, or superlative (presuming you're not gonna grow crap)
For me, I find both Super Silver Haze, and Lemon Haze OG fit into that excellent or superlative category.
But I also feel that to properly experience "The Music Effect" you have to get good and stoned.
I smoke neat, in joints, and find that one J smoked over a few hours does the job.
But I will add that these are only MY thoughts - we all have different fingerprints, does that confirm that we're all unique individuals?
If so, I'd guess that we all experience things differently

BTW - I grew white widow a couple of years back and it was fine too.

OK - although it's no surprise really I'm beginning to think (for the umpteenth time) that for most people music just ain't that important.
in an effort to spark this topic up a bit I'm goona last a few of my favorite performers. :
Buddy Holly
Eddie Cochran
Little Richard
Chuck Berry
Gene Vincent
Jerry Lee Lewis
Deep Purple
Led Zep
Man
Steppenwolf
Golden Earring
Blue oyster Cult
Pulp
Bob Seger & the silver bullet band
ZZ top
Free
Bad Company
Blue Oyster cult
Bonnie Raitt
Brian Setzer
Eagles
Tom Petty
CCR
Lots of C&W
Tons of blues bands
Chris Rea
Drive By Truckers
Ian Hunter
Dave & Phil Alvin
The Byrds
Fleetwood Mac
Foghat
Freddy King
George Thorogood
Hawkwind
Heart
Hollies
Kinks
Humble pie
Rory Gallagher
Jackie Leven
Jeff Beck
Moody Blues
Joanne Shaw taylor
John Prine
Kevin Coyne
Dire Straits
Mott the Hoople
Nazareth
Neil Young ?
Bob Dylan.?
Phil Spector stuff
Pink Floyd
Pretenders
Robert Plant
Sam Cooke
Sade
Sheryl Crow
Squeeze
Steve Miller band
The Animals
Eric Burdon
The Trogs
The cars
Long Ryders
The Who
Thin Lizzy

And many many more
Especially in the blues category,

OK - although it's no surprise really I'm beginning to think (for the umpteenth time) that for most people music just ain't that important.
in an effort to spark this topic up a bit I'm goona last a few of my favorite performers. :
Buddy Holly
Eddie Cochran
Little Richard
Chuck Berry
Gene Vincent
Jerry Lee Lewis
Deep Purple
Led Zep
Man
Steppenwolf
Golden Earring
Blue oyster Cult
Pulp
ZZ top
Free
Bad Company
Blue Oyster cult
Bonnie Raitt
Brian Setzer
Eagles
Tom Petty
CCR
Lots of C&W
Tons of blues bands
Chris Rea
Drive By Truckers
Ian Hunter
Dave & Phil Alvin
The Byrds
Fleetwood Mac
Foghat
Freddy King
George Thorogood
Hawkwind
Heart
Hollies
Kinks
Humble pie
Rory Gallagher
Jackie Leven
Jeff Beck
Moody Blues
Joanne Shaw taylor
John Prine
Kevin Coyne
Dire Straits
Mott the Hoople
Nazareth
Neil Young ?
Bob Dylan.?
Phil Spector stuff
Pink Floyd
Pretenders
Robert Plant
Sam Cooke
Sade
Sheryl Crow
Squeeze
Steve Miller band
The Animals
Eric Burdon
The Trogs
The cars
Long Ryders
The Who
Thin Lizzy

And many many more
Yup, right in the wheel house you are.

What do you do when you're blitzed and trying to figure out how to get the needle on the track, or even to switch on amp, correct input, etc?
Never had that difficulty. If I did, would just listen to digital stream.

Bubba

Never had that difficulty. If I did, would just listen to digital stream.

Bubba
Well that works as long as you have Internet. I prefer to download stuff so I have it myself.
There are people who believe that the powers that be, are likely to shut down the Internet at some future time.
I imagine that will be chaotic for those that rely on it (including this forum)
I don't really subscribe to conspiracy theories myself - but I believe that governments & powermongers have been up to skullduggery for eons.
Just think about what a powerful weapon the internet has become - and of course - its not the users that control it.
(just my view but what the heck do I know.? )

Buddy Holly
Eddie Cochran
Little Richard
Chuck Berry
Gene Vincent
Jerry Lee Lewis
Deep Purple
Led Zep
Man
Steppenwolf
Golden Earring
Blue oyster Cult
Pulp
ZZ top
Free
Bad Company
Blue Oyster cult
Bonnie Raitt
Brian Setzer
Eagles
Tom Petty
CCR
Lots of C&W
Tons of blues bands
Chris Rea
Drive By Truckers
Ian Hunter
Dave & Phil Alvin
The Byrds
Fleetwood Mac
Foghat
Freddy King
George Thorogood
Hawkwind
Heart
Hollies
Kinks
Humble pie
Rory Gallagher
Jackie Leven
Jeff Beck
Moody Blues
Joanne Shaw taylor
John Prine
Kevin Coyne
Dire Straits
Mott the Hoople
Nazareth
Neil Young ?
Bob Dylan.?
Phil Spector stuff
Pink Floyd
Pretenders
Robert Plant
Sam Cooke
Sade
Sheryl Crow
Squeeze
Steve Miller band
The Animals
Eric Burdon
The Trogs
The cars
Long Ryders
The Who
Thin Lizzy

And many many more

@Weirdscenes, I have no way of knowing how you came to your conclusion. It is very dull. Music is almost as integral to most people I know as breathing.

My personal observation is that perhaps I will never again experience the nirvana of listening to Rocket Man touching every nerve in my body being blasted off a wall to wall stereo, stoned out of my mind, lounging in a huge beanbag chair.

@Weirdscenes , Did you forget:

Frank Sinatra
Procul Harum
Jethro Tull
Prokofiev
Stravinsky
Beethoven
Dave Brubeck

and many others you think we don't recognize......???

I have enjoyed the Stones for over 50 years now and never get tired of their tunes

Yes, of course, enjoyment is one thing; a euphoric, orgasmic, visceral reaction to music, while it still can happen, it just doesn't happen as often as it once did.

Well that works as long as you have Internet. I prefer to download stuff so I have it myself.
There are people who believe that the powers that be, are likely to shut down the Internet at some future time.
I imagine that will be chaotic for those that rely on it (including this forum)
I don't really subscribe to conspiracy theories myself - but I believe that governments & powermongers have been up to skullduggery for eons.
Just think about what a powerful weapon the internet has become - and of course - its not the users that control it.
(just my view but what the heck do I know.? )
Takes internet to down load as well, no?

Bubba

One Girl once said no man ever made her feel that way after the ride

I get what she said, but I would have probably not said that to a man, especially when the men were trying so hard; and a man can penetrate and hold a woman's body like nothing else.

I would have jumped off the woofer into your arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Takes internet to down load as well, no?

Bubba
Yep - but I've already DL'd plenty music to add to my ripped cd's, Lp's tapes, etc and have plenty storage in the form of 25gb blueray dvd,'s - for long-term backups. I also have 1 x 4TB, 2 x 2TB & a couple of 1TB hard drives. I still dl stuff from time to time - when I discover something I like.
I ve always been comfortable with computers, PLC' s control systems and a variety of tech. I like messing around with this stuff and pondering on where the tech is going.
I probably have more than enough stuff to last 'till after I'm dead.

Latest posts

Back