My 1st Grow Journal - THE Ultimate College Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The_Zaar said:
All ripening fruit gives off ethylene gas and bananas and apples are supposed to be high in ethylene gas as they ripen. Let the banana go almost black or until you can't take the bugs anymore...
T§Z

Just stick some Banana's under you plants in 2-3wks of early veg growth. This ethylene gas that the ripening fruit gives off creates a higher female success rate (so far as my experience has shown. As well as a few other of my fellow growers)...That's it. Let me know your success rate.

Holla

T§Z

The_Zaar said:
Just stick some Banana's under you plants in 2-3wks of early veg growth. This ethylene gas that the ripening fruit gives off creates a higher female success rate (so far as my experience has shown. As well as a few other of my fellow growers)...That's it. Let me know your success rate.

Holla

T§Z

Possible fear of mold or it attracting bugs, especially fruit flies and gnats?

cool man! i had a perfectly kept workshop mysteriously burn to the ground last winter. the fire marshal couldn't figure it out, and that was with me standing beside him sifting through it, and being asked a gazzilion q's. i'm mr. fire saftey these days. :cop:

Good news. Checked em out this morning and 6/12 have showed female sex (3 are Fem. seeds tho). I am gonna put up new pics of the lights I have and the splitters I am using with some new pics of the girls.

hey Disco..nice setup my friend...How often do you update pics? you see nothing against you but i dont know you and realy like to see photos..lol..i update weekly...Heres some GREEN MOJO your way..and wishing you nothing but Females...KEEP M GREEN

Yea. I am gonna try and update every couple days or so. My roommate needed a new battery for his camera and it had to be special ordered. Need to buy a better camera soon too.

Gonna post pics tomorrow when the lights kick back on. As of now I am waiting to sex 3, 1 being the runt I planted only 10 days ago. 3 were male and I am saving 2 as of now for pollen in a separate room. On a die note I just decided to order more seeds for next spring when I will start my next grow. Had to take advantage of The Attitude's special deal for this month. I went for the Pick N' Mix. Ended up with:

2 Fem. Strawberry Cough from Dutch Passion
3 Fem. Blueberry from Dutch Passion
2 Fem. Wonder Woman from Nirvana
2 Fem. Cheese from Big Buddha
2 Fem. White Widow from Seedsman
FREE 5 G13 Labs Reg. Power Skunk
FREE 1 Fem. Durban Poison
FREE 1 Fem. Northern Lights
... and hoping for some more:D

Totaled to $170. Kinda expensive but I feel like I got a deal and I always look at it as though that $170 would only buy me around a half oz here so I am happy as a clam.:cool:

Great show happin here... Just need some more pron

I am having trouble finding a camera to use but they are getting big and I have 3 WRs and 4 Hindu Kush that have showed female sex traits and I killed all the males. After thinking about it my apt. doesn't have the room to have a room to seed, just going with Sensi on this one. Also just planted my last WR.

hi H202 for seed germination is 2ml per ltr of water got that info when i bought a bottle from a good hydro store if hydroponically using in tank it says 5ml per 10ltr but i would personally use say 2.5-3 less is always best as it,s easier to add than take out you get me bud keep growing

Sounds good, but what's up with the update and pics? They should be looking awfully hairy by now...

I could never get my camera up and running but I do have some pics, just a matter of transfering them. Problem is I don't have the cord to hok up with my computer. But they look great. No idea on yield yet. Probably gonna go for another 10 days making it a grand total of 10 weeks. Just got my new microscope and the trichs are just getting cloudy on some and there is one tall girl who is really taking it slow, maybe 11 weeks for her. And they don't smell much right now, you really cant even notice outside the room and there is no exhaust. Smell skunky when closer. I'll let ya'll know when the harvest is in and try and get pics up by then from throughout the grow.

the article on peroxide I found to be the best, thank you. what a easy preventive measure

this isnt in a dorm is it haha...that would be classic...a old buddy of mine at UMASS grew outside his dorm window (window went to a roof with an AC unit on it...he put it outside behind the AC unit....no one ever noticed aparently

disco, what are you going to do when the bed hits the ceiling from raising it up all the time??? Getting up to pee at 3 a.m. could be a challenge as well if you forget how high you are. Take that both ways.

Latest posts

Back