My 2nd indoor grow!! Improvements!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celebrity Bob

Reaction score
Ok guys this is my 2nd indoor grow. If you guys saw the first grow then you would know what I have now is a hell of an improvement. So the first thing I did was upgrade my light to a 1000 watt HPS. Since I dont pay for electric in my bldg. it's a great thing. I also tore down the aluminum foil in the room and put up that white reflective stuff and made the floor black. On my 1kw HPS ballast I placed a fan to keep it cool because I noticed that it was getting a bit hot. I figured this would help. Also I placed some ductwork to the light and put a fan on the end of it whch I bought at home depot for $15 less than the grow shop! Good find! I have a wireless thermometer with the base in my bedroom to keep an eye on temps. I'm using miracle grow organic and the 3 month feed mixed to cut down the nutes so i have more control of what the soil takes. My light is on a 18/6 schedual. Everything I have is bagseed except for the back 2 plants are clones from last crop. GREAT WEED!!! It was also bagseed but came out to be some pretty good stuff. This other is some different bagseed and I have no clue what is going to happen. I would have a crop of 9 females all clones from the last batch but my dog decided to eat most of them. Only 2 survived :angrywife: So hopefully after the males are taken out I'll have at least 9 females. Thats the plan. I am using for nutes some Doc's liquid carbon grow, Nitron, root stimulator and some bat guano. This is my "1st day veg" pic and I will keep you posted after this!

Ballast.jpg

Wireless.jpg

Hood.jpg

Plants.jpg

Whole Room.jpg

Yo Ho Celebrity Bob,
I don't see why, or what good 18/6 is going to do for you. I have run 24/7 with my lights during veg and the plants did very well. I have made the move to 12/12 now, but still wonder if it isn't better to veg under 24 lighting. I remember reading that plants don't require a sleepy time while in veg, but only when you are busting a move to blossom or reduce stress if damaged somehow. Just thinking out loud.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Well... 18/6 does have its advantages. Saving on bulb life plus electricity costs. And also, perhaps roots grow better when the plant is not subjected to photosynthesis?

are you worried about someone else paying your electricity? Just saying they could notice jumps and such

Looks like a great setup bob. I would also think about running the lights 24/7. The plants grow just fine under constant light and they tend to not stretch so much. Just my thoughts though. I will be pulling up my lazy boy and sparking up on this one. Keep us posted my friend. Good luck and take care.

Hey buddy where you been?!?! Great setup you've got going on, can't wait to see some buddage :D

Yea man if you're in a smaller apartment building, I'd watch it with that electricity consumption. It won't go unnoticed unless you have at least 25 other people in your building.

Hey whats up guys!? I just hopped on cuz I havent been on since I posted! Very happy to see all the comments and people watching. I run the light on 18/6 because it helps when the room has a few hours to cool down. As far as the electricity... I have 156 apts in my bldg and they are all on ONE meter! My bldg was built in the 1600's so it's retarded old. I'll be posting up pics tomorrow because I'm happy about the watchers. Help is always great and thx for kudos! I dont know if you guys saw my last post on my first grow but this is a huge jump for me! Anyways thx for watching.

Oh yeah... the spell check is weird on this site, bldg is not underlined in red! No biggie just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

lol good to see you back, now go hurry up with those pics :D Your pad sounds perfect to me for a grow...can't wait to see more :) I never like to use 24/0 lighting because it just seems unnatural to me and most of the time I notice a growth spert in the dark period anyway. but hey thats just me :)

I totally agree with the growth spurt! I cant really prove it though. But pics will be going up today!

Ok here u guys go. You have been asking for pics ;) so here they are! I have a few questions I need advice on! I plan on ordering seeds, any1 have experience with this? Where is the best place and fastest shipping? I wanna go with a hard hitting high, the kind that taps you on the shoulder and then bam kicks you in the nuts and smiles in you face kind of high. I also want a real exotic. Something that you just dont see everyday. My original plan was to start flowering tomorrow but i think I'm gonna give t another week and a half. I want big plants! :hubba: Anyways I will be cutting some clones within this week so I have a complete female batch with about 10 plants. Well here's the pics...

Plants (2)a.jpg

Plants (2)b.jpg

Plants (2)c.jpg

CB , i like D utchbreed.com minus the space there.. guess we cant do direct links anymore they have alot of unique to them strains and old strains , also alot of autoflower selection as well.

i recommend the crude oil strain or Orange candy floss..

nice lookin grow man

cant wait to see these fill out. if you can get a fresh air intake on the other side of that light it will lower your temps tremendously. you may actually be able to leave your hand on top of the reflector lol

seriously tho i have a smaller grow space but it lowerd mine by over 4-5 degrees.

yer going to have a nice canopy there :D

have you got a place to exhaust that light?

if you could get urself a super cheap hollow door from HD and cut a hole in the top of door and run your flex tube through it into a carbon filter hangin outside your door....that would be some badazz mcgyver sheet right ther.
and would lower yer temps and eliminate a lot of the odor yer going to have.

might as well cut another hole in the lowest part to run a fresh intake to the room and get some good FRESH cool circulation. a small price to pay for dank budz

i like where this is heading....its going to be a jungle in there man! yeah!

KingKahuuna said:
Yo Ho Celebrity Bob,
I don't see why, or what good 18/6 is going to do for you. I have run 24/7 with my lights during veg and the plants did very well. I have made the move to 12/12 now, but still wonder if it isn't better to veg under 24 lighting. I remember reading that plants don't require a sleepy time while in veg, but only when you are busting a move to blossom or reduce stress if damaged somehow. Just thinking out loud.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I do the same, it works:D

Latest posts

Back