My baby HERMED big time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
Well I didnt wanna believe it but im 100% positive my clone hermed on me. :( So far she is the only one and im hoping it stays that way! I'm pretty sure it was caused from the tempetures changing so drastically. Two days ago in was 80 degrees outside at noon, today it was a high of 33 outside and its been like this for about 3 weeks! Thats Texas for ya :rolleyes: . I put a small space heater in the room to help the temps at night.

Anyway here are a few pictures...she was the best looking plant to, atleast I thought. :confused: I went ahead and harvested her and now have her hanging.

Since I caught it so late are my other babies that were in there with her in danger?

herm 047.jpg

herm 049.jpg

herm 057.jpg

herm 066.jpg

herm 067.jpg

how late did you catch it? i think you can have them in there together for a little while without harm but im not sure the specific time frame. would be helpful if you could give it some sort of time line of it sex change progression

Megan- I don't see any "balls"- just a bunch of swollen caylxes- am I missing something.
Do you feel any seeds growing in there?

I first noticed the "balls" about 2 weeks ago and then they kept getting bigger! I took one of the seeds out and took a picture so you can see infact that it is seeds and not swollen calaxes. And this baby is covered in them it looks like.

herm 056.jpg

Yeah, I was scratching my head looking for those male pollen sacs. It looks like good smoke too. You did a good job on that, Megan.

BUDISGUD said:
it couldnt hermie at that age could it surely ??

Ive always thought that your plant can herm anytime during flower! Am I wrong?

i had the same happen to me awhile back.not the whole plant tho.just a few buds.the other ladies with her did not seed.just luck

i had a hermie this time that raped my whole crop. it can happen anytime during the plants life once its sexualy mature. jmo sorry to hear the bad news

Yup, that's a seed alright- jk. Sorry to hear that Megan. Anything else happen that might have stressed it besides the temps?
Now you got me worried cause I've had some cool temps I've been fighting- I'll have to go take a closer look at mine. How'd you spot that- was it balls or the seed casing?

Im almost sure its from the temps fluxuating so badly. I went into the grow room one morning after the light just came back on and it was 52 degrees in there, the onther day I went into the room at the same time and it was 90 degrees! I have absolutly no light leaks and I havent changed any nutes etc so thats why im leaning toward the temps changing, plus ive read that this can happen. :(

It started off with little yellow things coming out and eventually those turned into the small seeds you see in the picture!

One more thing...Its covering the ENTIRE plant which is what also makes me think its temps And not light leaks!

nikimadritista said:
She's a girl Megan...
No worries!
Here's a real hermie ;)

Well that may be a hermie as well (although IMO it looks more like an intersex plant which is not the same thing) but my girl is def a shim now! lol

Latest posts

Back