my buds seem small 1st grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruity86

Reaction score
hi im 5 weeks in now and my buds arnt as big as i hoped they would be am i inpatiention or could i be doing sumthing wrong i am feeding with big bud and the plant is just over 2 and a half feet tall :confused:

hey didn't need to delete it..for one thing you put it in the wrong section.
2 you need to give people a minute to get to it...I have threads sit over a day before getting a response. ;)

They will look small until about the last 2 weeks then they fatten up. moving this thread over to gen. indoor.

Also tell us more about your grow.

hi i am new to this and so far im sucessful its just im 5 week in and my buds are not as big as i hoped they would be my plant is under a 600w sun master dual spectrum just over 2 1/2 feet tall also 2 smaller plants 17 inch tall 10 days into flowering i feed with a basic tomato food for veg stage npk 4,2,6 and big bud for flowering npk 0,15,40 the harvest time is 7 weeks will the buds swell in the next to weeks or are they fully grown any help would be appreciated :confused:

i was using tomato feed for the veg stage npk 4-2-6 and then i used big bud for flowering npk 0-15-40 my plant is under 600w sunmaster dual spectrum with 2 smaller plants 17in 10 days into flowering the havest time of my big one is 7 weeks i was just wondering if the buds are going to get any bigger and fatten up as i only have 2 weeks left before harvest

as Mutt stated they will grow larger. I have not heard of the food and nutes you stated. To give you accurate advice we need a better picture of your grow. your lights are great but proper feeding is very important.:D for your grow

i feed my plant every other day the buds are about an inch tall at the mo is this to much or to less? i would post a pic but do not have a usb lead at the mo hopefully get one 2moz wot would you recomend as a feeding scedual the top cola is about 4 inch tall

Make sure your light is as close as it can safely get to the plants for best bud development. You can use the hand test and set the light height so it doesn't feel hot when you put your hand at the canopy level below the light.

Are there lots of developing pistils (white hairs?) Are they all standing up and nice and white? What strain are you growing? In soil?

Buds develop individually until they grow together to form a cola or larger bud mass so I think yours will more than likely finish normal and you just don't know what to expect. Maybe if you look around at some journals you can compare what other plants look like at 5 weeks.

Peace!:cool:

Soil, or hydro? Any idea what strain it is? Ever check the water ph? Pics will help a ton. Patience is hard to come by. It is important to learn it, though. Otherwise you will likely chop too soon and regret it. btdt, we all have.

im in soil and the strain is indicas there are a ton of pistils all pure white and the light is about 2 feet away from the plant

ok thank its just on a diffrent post some one said haze can take up to 12 weeks but on the packet it says 7 it is gaian haze

fruity86 said:
i feed my plant every other day the buds are about an inch tall at the mo is this to much or to less? i would post a pic but do not have a usb lead at the mo hopefully get one 2moz wot would you recomend as a feeding scedual the top cola is about 4 inch tall

IMO, you are feeding to much. I feed about once a week. I feed then it takes about 3-4 days to dry out then just H20 then another 3-4 days I feed, and so on. What size pots are you in?

The last 2 weeks is when your budz will start swelling in the last attempt to get pollinated - just my .02

3 gallon pots? for flower, yes IMO your pots are to small. Each one of my plants get about a 1 1/2 gallon of water each time. I am in 5 gallon/20 liter pots.
11 liter is what I use through veg

Are you water/feeding every other day because the soil is drying out? good possibility your rootbound.

yes every other day sumtimes 2 day i let the top of the soil get crusty before i water or feed

you have the best info from some of the board's best growers. I am inpatient to start my next grow but right now I can't. Waiting is the hard part but makes it all worthwhile. Let the growing process finish your plants. Do the lite test like dirty os stated. I feel your lite may be a little to far at 2 feet. :D for your grow

ok 1 last question dose the flowering time start from when you switch the lights or when you first see signs of sex and thank you all for your advice it has been very helpful

It starts officially when you go into 12-12. You can "veg" a plant for as little or long as you desire. the plant starts it changes when it receives 12 hours of darkness. The plant needs this to flower and it has to be dedicated.. no leaks. If you do your part which is food and lights let the plant do the rest and whatch it grow. :D for your grow

Latest posts

Back