My First Grow updated pics - Comments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillFromBio

Reaction score
Greeting everyone. This is my first grow ever so easy on the critisism. I"m pretty sure i'm doing really well for my first one. I'm sure what strain this is but its 1 of 9 plants that i started about 2 weeks ago. Planted them in soil and i've had them uder 6 x 75watt fluroscent grow lights. I just wanted to know everyones opinion. Are they in good health? Decent Sized?

-Kevin

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

wow 6x75 watt flouros. You are sure to grow some good bud with those. Your vegging stage should be a snap. Just be careful when you translplant to bigger pots.

Yeah i figured the flouros were the best way to go for my first one until i can afford to buy an Mh. I'm planning on vegging for atleast another month, I want to have about 4-6 nice ladies flowering. This is a picture of my actual setup it was Day 9 of my vegging i believe.

Day 9(4).jpg

hey bfb im on my first grow to :hubba:them babies look excellent :tokie: good luck :peace:

Hey there Bill. They are looking pretty good so far. You may want to get a small fan blowing on them. That will help the stems get good and thick. Other than that, they look great. Keep up the good work. Take care and be safe.

Sorry actually i have a small one about 2 feet away. Variable speed control. I didn't start feeding them nutrients yet. I figured i would start on week 3 and give them 25% strength, sound about right? I hope that doesn't fry them, I i may even go a little less potent. Anyway i didn't have the fan when they first sprouted so for a few days they didn't have that breeze and i think it stunted them because i had to tie about half of them up. I've just recently took out a few of the posts but 1 or 2 of them still have them. Hopefully they will grow stronger.

O2 Fan.jpg

Room Entrance.jpg

BillFromBio said:
Yeah i figured the flouros were the best way to go for my first one until i can afford to buy an Mh. I'm planning on vegging for atleast another month, I want to have about 4-6 nice ladies flowering. This is a picture of my actual setup it was Day 9 of my vegging i believe.

Seriosuly Don't waste your time and money on buying a MH - if you are planning to bud indoors. Just use the flourescents they work wonderfull for veg. BUY A HPS or One that does both ;) :eek:

Greetings everyone. I"m now on day 16 of my vegetation of my first grow. The ladies are coming along very nicely. I gave them their 1st dose of nutrients today and i'm hoping that it won't kill them. It was 25% strength miracle grow solution for vegetation growth. 24-8-16 or something like that. Anyway i know it was the right kind of Nutrients. I'll keep you posted on how they react. BTW these 3 pics match the same plants as the 3 above. Plus theres this little guys that i have. His leaves don't seem to be getting very big and don't seem to be spreading like the others, but the amount of leaves continues to be consistent with the other ones. Looks healthy not over-watering or under-watering. I'm thinking that it could just be a different strain?

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

BillFromBio said:
Sorry actually i have a small one about 2 feet away. Variable speed control. I didn't start feeding them nutrients yet. I figured i would start on week 3 and give them 25% strength, sound about right? I hope that doesn't fry them, I i may even go a little less potent. Anyway i didn't have the fan when they first sprouted so for a few days they didn't have that breeze and i think it stunted them because i had to tie about half of them up. I've just recently took out a few of the posts but 1 or 2 of them still have them. Hopefully they will grow stronger.

Love the care bear towel,hahaha(I have the same one)They look great though :)

JohnO said:
Seriosuly Don't waste your time and money on buying a MH - if you are planning to bud indoors. Just use the flourescents they work wonderfull for veg. BUY A HPS or One that does both ;) :eek:
I used to think this too. Then I used a mh and there is no waste of money, my friend:hubba:. A fluoro of the same watt will never match a mh lumen output.

easy bill...welcome to the site and congrats on your first grow so far looking good. They looked a bit stretchy in that 9 days pic but looking good now. are you going to transplant or leave them in these containers? A good strong air current sure does strengthen up those stems which helps when their late on in flowering and getting top heavy :D

bombbudpuffa said:
I used to think this too. Then I used a mh and there is no waste of money, my friend:hubba:. A fluoro of the same watt will never match a mh lumen output.

This is true but why waste energy and get a spike in your electricity bill? BTW I've never used a MH so can't really talk but I do like my CFLs and HPSs :D

Thorn said:
easy bill...welcome to the site and congrats on your first grow so far looking good. They looked a bit stretchy in that 9 days pic but looking good now. are you going to transplant or leave them in these containers? A good strong air current sure does strengthen up those stems which helps when their late on in flowering and getting top heavy :D

Well thank you. Yeah i didn't have the lights as close as i should when i first started them so they stretched a bit. i keep the lights about 2-3 inches away now so i think they are alright. Anyway i do plan on transplanting them but i was gonna wait a little while longer. I don't really want to waste time transplanting the males. The fan i'm using is also helping quite a bit, when i first started them they didnt' have the fan and i had to string a couple of them up (could aslo be due to the stretching) but i've taken most of the strings down. Also would now be a good time to start looking for preflowers or will i not be able to see them quite yet?

Thorn said:
This is true but why waste energy and get a spike in your electricity bill? BTW I've never used a MH so can't really talk but I do like my CFLs and HPSs :D
CFLs are fine. I had many good grows with them:D. I guarantee if you try a mh you'll fall in love with it though. I just use a 175w mh for veg now where I was using around 200w of fluoro. No spike:).

Latest posts

Back